The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
'Born of Hope' and 'The Hunt for Gollum'

Lord~Finrod

Apr 21 2009, 12:48am

Post #1 of 7 (357 views)
Shortcut
'Born of Hope' and 'The Hunt for Gollum' Can't Post

Hi,
I'm new here, but have been watching on the sidelines for quite a while now. My question to everyone is this:
With these two fan films coming out this year, will the effect be to create an interest in more fan films from
Tolkien's other works (Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, etc.) in the future? What other tales would you like to see made?

~But Finrod walks with Finarfin his father beneath the trees in Eldamar........

Tattered
The Shire

Apr 21 2009, 3:15am

Post #2 of 7 (242 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Assuming the above mentioned films turn out to be good I would certainly hope more would be done in the same way. From what I have seen in the trailers it appears to be adding to the other films. I'm very excited to see what both of these films have to offer though.

debo
Rohan

Apr 21 2009, 8:26am

Post #3 of 7 (194 views)
Shortcut
Welcome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to see the Sil if they could tame it:)

Frodo; "What I chiefly need now is courage . . ."

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Apr 21 2009, 5:25pm

Post #4 of 7 (211 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really looking forward to seeing the fan films and I would like to see more! The Silmarillion would be great to see on screen, it would be very visually stunning!

Brian Blessed for Thorin!

Formerly known as Rosie!

durthang
The Shire

Apr 21 2009, 11:07pm

Post #5 of 7 (204 views)
Shortcut
The Sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

Doing the Sil would be like trying to shrink a whole lifetime into 2 minutes. What do you leave out? What do you keep in? Especially considering the book is astounding from the first word to the very last word. But seeing Feanor brought to life would be absolutely amazing - especially because the Elves of the Elder Days are so much more powerful than the those of later days...

Morcant
The Shire

Apr 24 2009, 3:47pm

Post #6 of 7 (176 views)
Shortcut
Nah... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think you could ever make The Silmarillion into a film and do it any justice whatsoever. Tales from the Silmarillion would be doable. The Children of Hurin would be a good bet.

Await and you will see
The eucatastrophe.

Gollum2008
The Shire

Apr 25 2009, 10:17pm

Post #7 of 7 (178 views)
Shortcut
Fan Films: [In reply to] Can't Post

A film director could probably take the story of Children of Hurin and make it.

Fan films would be more like The Adventures of Tom Bombadail. Bilbo's Poems, Farmer Giles and Ham, Lay of Luthien, The new Christopher Tolkien book coming out.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.