Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
problem? Clicked on the "link" button, showed cnn.com

a.s.
Valinor

Mar 30 2009, 11:13am

Views: 296
Shortcut
problem? Clicked on the "link" button, showed cnn.com Can't Post

All right, I have no idea if this was a fluke or some goblin in the machine, but it has never EVER happened before, and I use the link feature in advanced editor a lot. A LOT a lot.

I highlighted some text to add a hyperlink in this post in OT, and when the little hyperlink box opened up, instead of the URL at the top of the box (not the part you type your link into, but the URL that shows when the box opens above the typing part) saying http theonering dot net, etc, it said http cnn dot com.

I did not have CNN open at all on my computer, nor had I visited CNN today.

Um.

So I clicked it shut, and opened a new link box, and this time it was the usual onering.net URL.

Like I say, it's never happened before and so I just want to report it. It happened less than 30 secs before I clicked to "post", if you need a time or something.

a.s. (probably overreacting)

"an seileachan"

Madeleine L'Engle's A WRINKLE IN TIME was rejected 29 times. Just a thought, when feeling discouraged.

Call Her Emily

Subject User Time
problem? Clicked on the "link" button, showed cnn.com a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Mar 30 2009, 11:13am
    Just ignore it squire Send a private message to squire Mar 30 2009, 11:28am
        The Glaroon works for CNN? This a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Mar 30 2009, 8:59pm
    Very, very odd Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Mar 30 2009, 3:27pm
    That's different Inferno Send a private message to Inferno Mar 31 2009, 2:27pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.