Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Announcing the 'Reclaiming the Blade' Giveaway!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

calisuri
PTB

Mar 26 2009, 4:48pm

Post #1 of 68 (6803 views)
Shortcut
Announcing the 'Reclaiming the Blade' Giveaway! Can't Post

The Reclaiming the Blade Giveaway with TheOneRing.net!
TheOneRing.net is teaming up with Galatia Films to celebrate the DVD release of 'Reclaiming the Blade' by giving away the 'Late 15th Century Bastard Sword' from Albion Swords! A prize worth nearly $500
Get the Reclaiming the Blade DVD - Shipping March 30th - Click Here

Entering is easy. Simply post a reply to this message board thread or send an email reclaimcontest@theonering.net with the subject 'Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest'. By replying to this thread or emailing, you are agreeing to the Contest Official Rules.

Once you do that, you will be automatically entered into the giveaway! We will announce the randomly chosen lucky winner on April 3rd 2009 on the frontpage of TheOneRing.net!

And don't forget to pick up your copy of 'Reclaiming the Blade' on DVD, available March 30th 2009. [Galatia Films Website] (Coming to iTunes)

Please note, this contest is only available to legal residents of the United States 18 years of age and older.

Click to Learn MoreClick to Learn More
Click to Learn More

Official contest rules:

Prizes: One (1) person will win one (1) 'The Late 15th Century Bastard Sword' from Albion Swords. The winner will be randomly drawn from eligible entries on or about April 3rd , 2009.

Entry Schedule: Only entries made by submitting a reply on this thread below or e-mailed to reclaimcontest@theonering.net with the subject 'Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest' before 11:59 US Eastern Time on April 2nd, 2009 will be eligible. The Sponsor's (TheOneRing.net) database clock will be the official timekeeper for this contest. Void where prohibited.

Who Can Enter: Contest is open to legal residents of the United States 18 years of age or older. All completed entries are eligible. No purchase is necessary.

Prize is one (1) Squire Line Albion Mark(TM) The Late 15th Century Bastard Sword (Oakeshott Type XVa) sword from Albion Swords with a retail value of up to $490.00. No cash substitute will be made. In the case of a returned prize, substitute winner will be drawn from the previous group of eligible entries. Officers, directors, and employees of Galatia Films, Albion Swords , and TheOneRing.net and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and such employees' immediate families and household members, are not eligible.

In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the online entry in question will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account from which it was sent. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable e-mail address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.

Drawing will be held on or about April 3rd, 2009, and the winner will be posted on TheOneRing.net. Winner will also be notified using the e-mail address and other information provided at entry, as well as posted on Sponsor's Website. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any notification that is not received for any reason. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. We assume no responsibility for lost, mutilated, or misdirected entries, nor for lost, mutilated or misdirected prizes that are sent out to the winning entries.

Entrants release, discharge and hold harmless Galatia Films, Albion Swords , and TheOneRing.net and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents, and the respective officers, directors and employees of each, from any and all claims or damages, including personal injury and/or death or property damage, arising out of winner's participation in the contest or any contest-related activity or from winner's acceptance and use and/or misuse of the prize awarded.

Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. By accepting a prize, all winners agree that Galatia Films, Albion Swords , and TheOneRing.net may post his/her name and/or likeness for advertising/trade purposes and in any and all media, including future advertising or publicity, without further consideration or compensation, unless prohibited by law.

By accepting a prize, all winners agree that Galatia Films, Albion Swords , and TheOneRing.net, their affiliates, and all of the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of Galatia Films, Albion Swords , and TheOneRing.net, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, to winner or other persons, including (without limitation) injuries, loss or damages arising out of or relating to death, and, injuries, damages or losses to property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this giveaway.

TheOneRing.net reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway, reject any entry, or make any revisions to the official rules as we deem necessary.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 26 2009, 5:12pm

Post #2 of 68 (3492 views)
Shortcut
Me! Me! Pick me!! [In reply to] Can't Post

There. I'm in. Smile

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

SFTH Archive

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 26 2009, 6:44pm

Post #3 of 68 (3393 views)
Shortcut
Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure, why not?

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for April

Evernight
Rivendell

Mar 26 2009, 6:46pm

Post #4 of 68 (3415 views)
Shortcut
US only? [In reply to] Can't Post

Only for residents of the States? Unsure

Good luck then for those eligible.

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

calisuri
PTB

Mar 26 2009, 7:14pm

Post #5 of 68 (3415 views)
Shortcut
Yup! Sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

This is because of restrictions on shipping the prize overseas.

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 26 2009, 7:45pm

Post #6 of 68 (3513 views)
Shortcut
'Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest'. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 26 2009, 7:58pm

Post #7 of 68 (3465 views)
Shortcut

Gah! Just to be sure I did it right.

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

SFTH Archive

weaver
Half-elven

Mar 26 2009, 8:18pm

Post #8 of 68 (3407 views)
Shortcut
'Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest' [In reply to] Can't Post

Last thing I won was a dog, about 20 years ago -- I figure I might be due to win something, why not a sword?

Thanks for the chance to enter!

Weaver

oldduffer
The Shire

Mar 26 2009, 8:35pm

Post #9 of 68 (3420 views)
Shortcut

'Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest' - I'm game. Smile

Gil-galad

Mar 26 2009, 8:39pm

Post #10 of 68 (3451 views)
Shortcut
PLEASE ENTER ME INTO THIS CONTEST SIR! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to be entered into this contest and claim this blade!

For Glory, few riches,
Their war-cry still heard on the wind.
And all they won was this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RamcLQzp4U

Garfeimao
Rohan

Mar 26 2009, 10:20pm

Post #11 of 68 (3395 views)
Shortcut
darn [In reply to] Can't Post

not eligible.

On the bright side, that's the first time I've not been eligible for a prize because I'm part of the organizer of the contest.

Hmmm, not sure that's a bright side, but I choose to think of it that way. Besides, I've already got 4 or 5 swords at home, what the heck would I do with another one?

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 26 2009, 10:26pm

Post #12 of 68 (3486 views)
Shortcut
Build a very short, though very sharp, garden fence? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Mar 26 2009, 10:29pm

Post #13 of 68 (3422 views)
Shortcut
Enter me in the Reclaiming the Blade contest [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a thing for weaponry, what can I say?

Captain Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Captain Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

Garfeimao
Rohan

Mar 26 2009, 10:34pm

Post #14 of 68 (3397 views)
Shortcut
my cats would love that [In reply to] Can't Post

NOT!

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Mar 26 2009, 11:12pm

Post #15 of 68 (3390 views)
Shortcut

Why not? :D

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Mar 27 2009, 12:07am

Post #16 of 68 (3349 views)
Shortcut

Thanks

ordinaryhobbit (ohob)

Love horses
The Shire

Mar 27 2009, 12:10am

Post #17 of 68 (3352 views)
Shortcut
'Enter Me in the Reclaiming the Blade Contest'// [In reply to] Can't Post

KateTheHobbit
Bree

Mar 27 2009, 12:57am

Post #18 of 68 (3328 views)
Shortcut

I am soooooooo in! Enter me, please!Smile

Sheridan

Mar 27 2009, 2:12am

Post #19 of 68 (3368 views)
Shortcut

I'd be honored to hoist that sword in battle and I'd smite down a thousand orcs before sunrise!

parrothead

Mar 27 2009, 2:26am

Post #20 of 68 (3366 views)
Shortcut

Archamien

Mar 27 2009, 2:47am

Post #21 of 68 (3363 views)
Shortcut
Enter me in this here thingy [In reply to] Can't Post

boink

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Mar 27 2009, 2:48am

Post #22 of 68 (3390 views)
Shortcut

"In any case we did not kill him: he is very old and very wretched. The Wood-elves have him in prison, but they treat him with such kindness as they can find in their wise hearts."

Tattered
The Shire

Mar 27 2009, 2:57am

Post #23 of 68 (3312 views)
Shortcut

worth a shot

WonderBroad
Lorien

Mar 27 2009, 2:57am

Post #24 of 68 (3315 views)
Shortcut

Come on, Lady Luck...!

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Mar 27 2009, 2:59am

Post #25 of 68 (3334 views)
Shortcut
I'm confused. Canada is not overseas... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on the Main board!

I believe

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.