Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Bakshi Lord of the Rings -- Discussion Intro

drogo
Lorien

Apr 14 2007, 2:40pm

Post #1 of 6 (494 views)
Shortcut
Bakshi Lord of the Rings -- Discussion Intro Can't Post

Hey all, I wanted to post the schedule so for for the Bakshi Lord of the Rings discussion. We'll start next week with the Prologue and Bilbo's Farewell (Chapters 1-3 on the DVD). Since it falls into two parts, I'll do one post late Monday or Tuesday, and the second Thurs or Friday.

It's okay to throw a few rotten tomatoes, but the stale mushrooms and the bad Eowyn soup from that other flick are Verboten!!!

Here's the schedule: In a week or so I'll do a sign-up for the next part of the movie.

April 16 Drogo

Chapters 1-3 (0:00-6:29) Prologue and Tale of the Ring, Bilbo’s Farewell

April 23 Finding Frodo

Chapters 4-6 (6:29-19:56) Frodo’s Quest, Saruman’s Sorcery, Sinister Horsemen

April 30 weaver

Chapters 7-10 (19:56-34:55) Inn at Bree (Frodo’s Song), Aragorn’s Vow, Black Rider’s Invade

May 7 Arwen's Daughter

Chapters 11-12 (34:55 – 43:33) Cornered, Wall of Water

May 14 Timbo_mbadil

Chapters 12-15 (43:33-53:24) Gandalf’s Update, Council of Elrond, Frodo’s Quest Renewed

----------------------

Here's a few links, some with tongue planted in cheek to a greater or lesser extent Tongue, on the movie

http://www.cedmagic.com/...rd-of-the-rings.html

My favorite commentary, the infamous Flying Moose review

http://flyingmoose.org/...rc/bakshi/bakshi.htm

And for those who want a sample from Leonard Roseman's score,

http://www.amazon.com/...Y2R/soundtrackexpres

And I leave you with my favorite character, the Cowardly Lion of Moria, bidding you adieu (go ahead, do a caption contest if you must!!)

Discuss the Bakshi Lord of the Rings on the Movie Board starting April 16

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2007, 2:42am

Post #2 of 6 (331 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the links, drogo!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 16 2007, 4:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (319 views)
Shortcut
Thanks drogo! Looking forward to it. /nt [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 17 2007, 2:47am

Post #4 of 6 (324 views)
Shortcut
Some helpful Bakshi links were posted... [In reply to] Can't Post

about a year ago on Movie by one Shadow_Kingdom in this thread: including Bakshi's storyboards, cels, unfinished scenes, and more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Apr. 16-22: Tolkien's patterns, devices and calligraphy.

Lossefalme
Gondor

Apr 18 2007, 5:49pm

Post #5 of 6 (324 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to have to rent it so that I can participate! [In reply to] Can't Post

I confess that I have never seen the Bakshi version, but this sounds fun and interesting. Blockbuster, here I come!

(Formerly Lossefalme3, just in case you're wondering)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. 'Elendil!' he cried. 'I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!' TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: 'Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.' RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 19 2007, 1:00am

Post #6 of 6 (342 views)
Shortcut
LOL! GMTA! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm viewing my rental in short segments, just finished the Moria debate, but I'm going to have to re-view the sections in question. It reminds me of the animation in "Yellow Submarine" at times, but I can't figure out yet why the animation-over-live action bits seem to be difficult for me to watch. Maybe it's just that they're so incongruous with the other animation, and my brain can't "mesh" the two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for shear delight, and he stood up and cried: 'O great glory and splendour! And all my wishes have come true!'"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.