Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Scenes From The Hat

Alassa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 13 2009, 2:24pm

Post #1 of 23 (759 views)
Shortcut
Scenes From The Hat Can't Post

The SCOD about the Grey Havens reminded me of an old SFTH that I thought was pretty good.

Onboard entertainment/activities on the last ship to Valinor.

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

SFTH Archive

sador
Half-elven

Mar 13 2009, 2:41pm

Post #2 of 23 (487 views)
Shortcut
Orc-baiting // [In reply to] Can't Post

"They always wished to talk to everything, the old Elves did" - Treebeard

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 13 2009, 2:43pm

Post #3 of 23 (474 views)
Shortcut
I spy with my little eye... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning - over washing may cause colour to fade

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2009, 3:46pm

Post #4 of 23 (526 views)
Shortcut
Let's have a sing-along! Everybody now, "Ninety-nine flasks of miruvor on the wall..." // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2009, 4:07pm

Post #5 of 23 (555 views)
Shortcut
Skeet shooting off the stern with Galadhrim bows.// [In reply to] Can't Post

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2009, 5:29pm

Post #6 of 23 (542 views)
Shortcut
The most chest hair, chin hair, and foot hair competitions. [In reply to] Can't Post

The chest hair thing actually took place on a cruise I went on last year!

I did not attend.

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2009, 5:30pm

Post #7 of 23 (515 views)
Shortcut
Pointers on How to bargain with those sneaky Teleri at our first port of call." / [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~

batik
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2009, 6:31pm

Post #8 of 23 (464 views)
Shortcut
ummm...B-I-N-G-O?// [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 13 2009, 6:37pm

Post #9 of 23 (508 views)
Shortcut
Everyone's veil-spotting! First one who sees grey rain gets first dibs on disembarking // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 13 2009, 8:01pm

Post #10 of 23 (475 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor old Bingo Baggins....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 13 2009, 8:50pm

Post #11 of 23 (535 views)
Shortcut
Betting whether Gopher would ever get laid. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.

batik
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2009, 9:18pm

Post #12 of 23 (441 views)
Shortcut
Good ole game of "quarters", anyone?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 13 2009, 9:32pm

Post #13 of 23 (458 views)
Shortcut
Watching the stewards chase Wall-E. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2009, 10:38pm

Post #14 of 23 (481 views)
Shortcut
Courses on fundamentals of Tirion's Language and culture. [In reply to] Can't Post

Including key phrases for tourists:
  • Where is the bathroom?
  • May I have a coffee, please?
  • Where can I rent a car? Smile

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 14 2009, 1:29am

Post #15 of 23 (481 views)
Shortcut
They fished for scod and after cleaning them, swept all the sfth overboard\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manw let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manw Slimo

batik
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2009, 1:44am

Post #16 of 23 (439 views)
Shortcut
Hobbits vote for Limbo! Elves say "No Way"// [In reply to] Can't Post

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2009, 1:57am

Post #17 of 23 (433 views)
Shortcut
*chuckle* [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 14 2009, 3:03am

Post #18 of 23 (423 views)
Shortcut
After all, they had plenty of TIME. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for February

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 17 2009, 8:12pm

Post #19 of 23 (469 views)
Shortcut
Elves vote for lembas! Hobbits say "Okay!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

batik
Tol Eressea

Mar 17 2009, 9:23pm

Post #20 of 23 (415 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo suggests 'poetry reading?'; everyone shouts "Hoo-ray!"// [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 18 2009, 4:32pm

Post #21 of 23 (409 views)
Shortcut
Fans ask about EEE; Jackson says "Blu-Ray!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Mar 18 2009, 4:39pm

Post #22 of 23 (369 views)
Shortcut
Well, it's an improvement on "Sue Shaye!"/ [In reply to] Can't Post

"What happens now?"

"Well, we wait until nightfall, then Aragorn, Legolas, and I leap out of the rabbit..."

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 18 2009, 4:46pm

Post #23 of 23 (528 views)
Shortcut
That when the fans went "Oy vey!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.