Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Coffee or tea?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Coffee or tea?
Coffee
Tea
Green tea
Chicory
Postum
Pero
Caro
Other
Neither
lolwut?
View Results (56 votes)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Mar 12 2009, 6:40am

Post #26 of 45 (234 views)
Shortcut
Green tea... [In reply to] Can't Post

is fantastic...tea in general...I love Irish Tea as well. I haven't had a coffee in over ten years now.

Annael
Immortal

Mar 12 2009, 4:40pm

Post #27 of 45 (250 views)
Shortcut
Tea, Earl Grey, hot. (with cream) [In reply to] Can't Post

I love coffee, but had to give it up about 20 years ago since it made my heart beat erratically. But the morning hasn't started until I have my Earl Grey.

Zmulady
Rohan

Mar 12 2009, 7:09pm

Post #28 of 45 (228 views)
Shortcut
neither [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't care for the taste of either. I almost wish I did as they are good socializing drinks. But I think I'll just stick to my Coca Cola.

somuchmore
Rivendell

Mar 12 2009, 11:17pm

Post #29 of 45 (216 views)
Shortcut
in kitchen, [In reply to] Can't Post

bent over saucepan...humming...

RosieLass
Valinor

Mar 13 2009, 2:14am

Post #30 of 45 (212 views)
Shortcut
I picked coffee because I didn't see a "both" option. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have begun to drink coffee regularly at work, but I also like tea. We have some flavored hot teas at the office that I like sometimes, too. Usually I'll have plain tea iced when I go to lunch.

Our coffee maker at work brews in 8 oz servings, and my cup is 16 oz. I brew the darkest roast at the boldest setting, then top it off with hot water. And then turn it white with creamer. So I'm not sure exactly how much coffee I'm actually getting. Crazy

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2009, 2:55am

Post #31 of 45 (214 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, in the mornings I usually have a cup of coffee at work, with sugar and milk. But later in the day I like black tea with sugar or honey - especially if I feel a sinus problem coming on.

At home on the weekends, it's Irish Breakfast tea to start the day. And in cool weather, chai spice tea with milk before bedtime! I also brew my own iced tea in warm weather, using generic black tea.

Of course, in mid-winter it's also nice to have an after-dinner cup of half-coffee, half-cocoa mix...

Carbonated beverages? Never touch the stuff - makes me burp. Tongue

Nuradar
Rohan

Mar 13 2009, 11:43am

Post #32 of 45 (253 views)
Shortcut
I recently quit coffee [In reply to] Can't Post

and converted back to tea. Which is quite amazing for a Canadian - we are coffee freaks!

Nuradar

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 15 2009, 6:25pm

Post #33 of 45 (469 views)
Shortcut
It is coffee 2x a day. [In reply to] Can't Post

In the morning and again about five. Occasionally i like some ginger tea with honey.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2009, 5:54pm

Post #34 of 45 (233 views)
Shortcut
I don't like Earl Grey, for some reason [In reply to] Can't Post

since I like most teas, but I think it's the smokey taste I don't like. It reminds me of when we had a house fire years ago.

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Mar 19 2009, 8:33pm

Post #35 of 45 (184 views)
Shortcut
Black and deep [In reply to] Can't Post

No milk, no sugar - just strong black coffee for me, preferably espresso Smile

Annael
Immortal

Mar 21 2009, 2:33am

Post #36 of 45 (320 views)
Shortcut
smoky? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's Lapsang Souchong that has the smoky taste. Earl Grey has bergamot, which is floral, kind of like lavender (and I am convinced, is addictive).

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 21 2009, 1:42pm

Post #37 of 45 (182 views)
Shortcut
Somehow I never tried Earl Grey until I was well into my forties. [In reply to] Can't Post

One of my kids' friends introduced me to it, and I thought "How did I ever get to be this age and never tried this before?" Yum!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 21 2009, 1:48pm

Post #38 of 45 (171 views)
Shortcut
Postum [In reply to] Can't Post

always reminds me of the summer I was 20, and I worked in the dining room of a nursing home, waiting tables and washing dishes. One old lady whose name I've long forgotten, but whose face I'll always remember, used to drink Postum. She had thick glasses that made her eyes look huge, and she'd thrust out her lower lip and demand "Post-um", in two equally-accented syllables.

I didn't enjoy the actual work that much, but I loved those old folks. There was a lady who used to shoot people with her cane; once she told me "I see Jesus, standing by the garden gate! And he's got a whistle..." And another lady, sharp as a tack, who was 104 and remembered coming across the prairie in a covered wagon.

Amazing how food and drink can bring back such clear memories.

I think we've discussed Mrs. Murphy's Chowder before. The version my dad sang as a lullabye had a chorus that went "Who put the overalls in Mrs. Murphy's chowder? Nobody spoke, so he shouted all the louder: 'It's an Irish trick, that's true, and I'll lick the mick that threw the overalls in Mrs. Murphy's chowder.' "

I hadn't run across the Proper Cup of Coffee song before, though. Cute!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 21 2009, 1:53pm

Post #39 of 45 (213 views)
Shortcut
Regularity [In reply to] Can't Post

When I was kid we used to watch Laurence Welk every Saturday night, and the Serutan commercials would come on (remember, Serutan is 'natures' spelled backwards.) And because it was a euphamism, I never knew what 'irregularity' meant. I always thought it was something like feeling tired and worn out (like that iron-poor-tired-blood in the Geritol commercials.) I didn't figure it out until I was an adult.

I enjoy your weekly polls. Carry on.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 21 2009, 6:34pm

Post #40 of 45 (180 views)
Shortcut
I never had it [In reply to] Can't Post

until after my Mom died. She had a box of bags, and my Dad didn't drink it, so I've started having a cup or two whenever I'm visiting. It's not my favorite, but it is pleasant...

"...and when you sit in peace with your pipe, think of me!"

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 21 2009, 6:45pm

Post #41 of 45 (256 views)
Shortcut
Wow, what a nice little memorial. [In reply to] Can't Post

And your quote fits so perfectly.

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 23 2009, 12:10am

Post #42 of 45 (291 views)
Shortcut
Some of us [In reply to] Can't Post

just hit the delete button if we get really annoyed.
*smiles innocently*

Hmm, maybe I should delete all the weeklies one week, just to see what happens? Panicking posters can be great fun. Then we could discuss the reactions in a monthly thread, and have a bi-weekly thread to discuss how weekly threads can save the world! 'Cause I'm sure they can!

bearwen
Lorien

Mar 28 2009, 5:30pm

Post #43 of 45 (185 views)
Shortcut
Coffee! [In reply to] Can't Post

I went off tea, which i drink black when I was pregnant and am only just getting back to it occassionally. I went mad on coffee and had to limit it! This year I cut out caffeine drinks totally for a long time and am just now having the odd caffeine coffee. I did eventually start drinking decafe coffee as I missed it so much!

Dagonet
Lorien

Apr 15 2009, 5:25pm

Post #44 of 45 (176 views)
Shortcut
COFFEE!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mmmmmmm... so good! Stir some vanilla/caramel cream in and *gasp* yummo! Now, tea ain't that bad and there's nothin I like better than to huddle on my bed with a good cup of Peppermint tea, except a good cup of foldgers coffee, before the sun has risen. Awesomeness...

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 3 2009, 11:05pm

Post #45 of 45 (222 views)
Shortcut
none of the above.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't drink caffeine and I never liked ea or coffee anyways.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.