Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Techno doofus question

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 11 2009, 3:42pm

Post #1 of 6 (367 views)
Shortcut
Techno doofus question Can't Post

I appear to be raising a techno doofus kid. He has done something to cause the appearance of TORn to be gigantic. Only TORn looks like this, other pages are just fine.
This has happened to me before, and I asked about it on Old Feedback, but that post is not findable by me.

I seem to remember something about Scroll Lock, but I tried that and it didn't change anything. I also hit the "Fit to Width" button at the top of my browser (Opera) and it sort of helps, but not really. I also hit "Fit to Width" under the View tab on the tool bar and that only helps a little, but doesn't make the page look like it normally does.

Any suggestions?

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

SFTH Archive

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 11 2009, 4:06pm

Post #2 of 6 (190 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a zoom issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I'm not sure why it would be only tOR.N.

I'm not an Opera user, so I'm not 100% sure of the menu and shortcut options, but I would say try hitting * on your number keypad to reset the zoom, or go to Tools > Preferences > Web pages and see if there's a restore to default for zoom or some other option. (like view at 100%).

Hope that helps.

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================
Elcenia

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 11 2009, 4:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (166 views)
Shortcut
On my PC [In reply to] Can't Post

I can hit control + and control - to make things bigger or smaller on a web page. I think it changes only that page but I'm not sure.

I also think this can happen by hitting something and scrolling the scroll button (like control and scroll).

Anyhow, you can try the control - (command - on a Mac) thing.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : FOTR Lyrics Update, Oct 2008
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 11 2009, 6:54pm

Post #4 of 6 (211 views)
Shortcut
*hands Inferno an extra large lime Coke* [In reply to] Can't Post

A-HA! That was it!

That was it last time too, now that I think about it. You suggested it back then as well. Crazy

What would we do without you? Heart

I hearby forbid you to ever leave TORn. Smile

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

SFTH Archive

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 11 2009, 7:04pm

Post #5 of 6 (164 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that works [In reply to] Can't Post

too, on my computer. But Inferno's solution was the one I was after, as it had worked before. I just couldn't remember it.

Now that it is on New Feedback, I'll always be able to find it, because I'm sure it will happen again.

Thanks, Magpie! Here's a big shiny egg for you! (To go with the big shiny Bean I already gave you.)

SFTH Archive

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 11 2009, 7:49pm

Post #6 of 6 (230 views)
Shortcut
NEVER. NEVER leave TORn, that is. :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

SFTH Archive

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.