Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
I need a little computer help

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Apr 12 2007, 7:37pm

Views: 213
Shortcut
I need a little computer help Can't Post

While this really has nothing to do with the boards, I do need a bit of help with something. I hope someone more computer savvy than I knows what to do. I'm terribly computer illiterate. Blush

I recently bought a new computer (running Windows XP, Media Center Edition) and of course transferred all my necessary files from the old one. They were just pics and text files and such, things I don't access all that often. Well, today I went to open a little picture file and couldn't get it to open no matter what I tried. The problem is that it's an ".art" file, and no program that I have will open it. This is a big problem in that I have *many* .art files, most of those from LotR. Shocked Does anyone know of a program that will open these, or how to change them to .jpg or another format so that they will open with what I have? I'd hate to have to delete them. I may need them someday to put into a message board post!

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable computer-types here. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Heart

Subject User Time
I need a little computer help Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 7:37pm
    Opening them in Photoshop might do it. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Apr 12 2007, 7:43pm
        You have mail! Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 7:49pm
            Don't impulsively buy Photoshop unless you want it... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 12 2007, 8:21pm
                GIMP Sherry Send a private message to Sherry Apr 12 2007, 8:30pm
                It figures Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 8:58pm
                    Not necessarily an AOL thing Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 9:54pm
            Ach, it didn't work. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Apr 12 2007, 9:13pm
                Thanks for your help! Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 9:20pm
    Here's a link. Advising Elf Send a private message to Advising Elf Apr 12 2007, 7:47pm
        Thanks, AE! Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 7:54pm
            Hmm I did some googling Sherry Send a private message to Sherry Apr 12 2007, 8:36pm
                Thank you, Sherry Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 12 2007, 9:14pm
                    Definitely take a look at those webpages Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 12 2007, 10:52pm
                    I have Illustrator and would be glad to hatster Send a private message to hatster Apr 13 2007, 2:48am
                        Thanks for the offer, hatster Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 13 2007, 6:25pm
                            hatster, the mail came back; should your e-mail be .com, instead of .net?// Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 13 2007, 6:40pm
                                heeeeeeeee ...yeah... hatster Send a private message to hatster Apr 13 2007, 8:43pm
                                    You have mail! Alassea Elensar Send a private message to Alassea Elensar Apr 13 2007, 9:19pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.