Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Feb 11 2009, 12:42pm

Post #51 of 565 (4552 views)
Shortcut
Pun wasn't intended, but it should have been, now that you mention it. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"What he had been doing he would not say. He only wept and called us cruel, with many a gollum in his throat; and when we pressed him he whined and cringed, and rubbed his long hands, licking his fingers as if they pained him, as if he remembered some old torture."

Farawyn
Rohan

Feb 12 2009, 2:16am

Post #52 of 565 (4526 views)
Shortcut
I will be a pod no more, e! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimer: The author of this message does not guarantee correct grammar, spelling or English usage. No responsibility can be accepted for the use of this message as a guide to written English.
Discuss:
Photobucket

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Feb 12 2009, 2:55am

Post #53 of 565 (4526 views)
Shortcut
Yay!!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

The Rohirrim, by Peter Xavier Price

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

one_more_reason

Feb 15 2009, 3:06am

Post #54 of 565 (4518 views)
Shortcut
meet up's in other cities? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello everyone! I would love to go to this event, and right now I'm going to school in Worcester, MA. I could easily get a bus to Boston, and then from Boston to New York, and I was wondering if anyone else was planning on doing something similar? Maybe we should try to set up meeting places for people who would be traveling from other big cities? That way we could travel in a group rather than alone, and we won't get lost or whatever. Just a thought.

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 15 2009, 3:10am

Post #55 of 565 (4568 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, one more reason! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know of several TORnsibs coming from the Boston area. I don't know if they are planning to fly or what, but perhaps they'll either chime in or PM you and let you know. I hope you can make it! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Aerin
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2009, 7:35am

Post #56 of 565 (4517 views)
Shortcut
Actually, [In reply to] Can't Post

you're someone I'd especially like to meet.

I'm wondering if this includes anyone who used to haunt the Movie board on old TORn but hasn't been around much lately.

Hobbit Family Histories

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Feb 16 2009, 9:13pm

Post #57 of 565 (4521 views)
Shortcut
*Blushes* [In reply to] Can't Post

Why thank you! I've really loved meeting all the TORnsibs I've met so far (at the Return of the One Party, ORCs, Ro/NZS wedding, and a few smaller events).

The Rohirrim, by Peter Xavier Price

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Nerdanel
Rivendell

Feb 17 2009, 10:54pm

Post #58 of 565 (4547 views)
Shortcut
It's the oddest thing . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

My ears were burning, and I followed a link to TOR.n and my old friend Entmaiden talking about my old nametags! Blush IIRC, I also made tags for the first ORC, a little upscale of the Marquette one Magpie found a pic of. CAhobbit made beautiful tags for the RotK Oscar moot which I bet a lot of folks still have.

Nametags are fun.

I hardly even qualify as a lurker anymore, but I'll be there in October.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 17 2009, 11:49pm

Post #59 of 565 (4442 views)
Shortcut
I have my ORC name tag too [In reply to] Can't Post

I treasure both of them. Can't wait to see you again in October!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 18 2009, 1:23am

Post #60 of 565 (4441 views)
Shortcut
FanTAStic! [In reply to] Can't Post

This just keeps getting better and better! I'm SO glad you're going to be there and I'm SO looking forward to seeing you again, {{nerdanel}}. SmileLaugh

To all the 'lurkers' and 'oldies' who are going to be there or thinking of coming, whether you currently frequent TORn or not, it will be fabulous to see you all (because you're missed if you're an oldie/lurker, and most welcome if you're a newbie/lurker Smile).

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Scout
Rivendell

Feb 18 2009, 1:43am

Post #61 of 565 (4448 views)
Shortcut
I've got a ticket [In reply to] Can't Post

...and look forward to seeing some friends there!

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 18 2009, 1:55am

Post #62 of 565 (4448 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

This thread is getting better than Homecoming Fiesta! Wink If you'll allow BG and I, we'll happily treat you to a *real* martini or gimlet of you choice in the Big Apple.

{{{Scout}}} CoolSmile

TORn Calendar

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 18 2009, 2:44am

Post #63 of 565 (4411 views)
Shortcut
Woo-hoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is going to be fun. Smile

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Aerin
Grey Havens

Feb 18 2009, 5:00am

Post #64 of 565 (4485 views)
Shortcut
Wow, where have you been? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see another old, familiar name, and I look forward to seeing you in NYC.

Hobbit Family Histories

a.s.
Valinor

Feb 18 2009, 11:56am

Post #65 of 565 (4482 views)
Shortcut
OK, that does it....I'm in, too [In reply to] Can't Post

What, pass up a chance to see Nerdanel on the East Coast?

Cool

Actually, I am going to plan to come to New York that weekend and hang out in the hotel or wherever else people are gathering for the more sedentary of activities. I am not up to much walking around and while I know everyone has always been very tolerant of my need to stroll slowly (Tornsibs are just the nicest people in general), I just don't want to try to "keep up". I'll just have more fun not trying. I'll take a bus tour, or something touristy like that....

So I'll pass up the evening at Radio City if there is going to be a general meeting place for evening partying. Are we talking about some kind of large gathering event at a hotel or other similar place, where lots of us will be for other things in addition to the concert? If so, I'm in. I'll take a nap or something while you all are concerting, and then join you for post-concert fun wherever you may be.

Presuming there will be other stuff besides the concert. Heck, if just a few of you want to hang around the hotel bar or pool after hours, I'm there.

LOL

Have I missed a post or front page announcement about hotel reservations? Or is that still in the planning stages?

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana

Call Her Emily

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 18 2009, 11:33pm

Post #66 of 565 (4392 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad you're coming! No announcement about hotels yet. Watch this space!

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Nerdanel
Rivendell

Feb 19 2009, 6:03am

Post #67 of 565 (4413 views)
Shortcut
*does--er, attempts--er, imagines doing handsprings! Cartwheels! Somersaults! [In reply to] Can't Post

That makes me very happy.

Scout
Rivendell

Feb 19 2009, 4:14pm

Post #68 of 565 (4320 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I GUESS so [In reply to] Can't Post

It'll be nice to see you again.

Scout
Rivendell

Feb 19 2009, 4:15pm

Post #69 of 565 (4366 views)
Shortcut
Been? [In reply to] Can't Post

Baby. !

New (interim) job. !!

It'll be nice to meet you, too.

Scout
Rivendell

Feb 19 2009, 4:16pm

Post #70 of 565 (4369 views)
Shortcut
Yes, yes it is/ [In reply to] Can't Post

afsdfasdf

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2009, 9:20pm

Post #71 of 565 (4415 views)
Shortcut
YAY! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been such a long time - looking forward to seeing you again!

"...and back again."

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 20 2009, 7:51pm

Post #72 of 565 (4415 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to be there early saturday... [In reply to] Can't Post

with my wife and son and i was wondering if a few sibs would care to join us in an activity if there is not one already planned.
Also where is the likely place to stay over-night, in or out of the city? What would be the approximate mortgage for a night? I will have to get one whole room just (if i do) for my crew.

Any further thoughts on sunday?

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Nerdanel
Rivendell

Feb 21 2009, 10:20pm

Post #73 of 565 (4424 views)
Shortcut
Are you in Los Angeles? [In reply to] Can't Post

Were you with the group at the LotR Symphony performance at the Hollywood Bowl several years ago? I remember an Alatariel there.

AlatarielNoldo
Bree

Feb 21 2009, 11:05pm

Post #74 of 565 (4361 views)
Shortcut
No that wasn't me :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time I was in LA was for the TORn ROTK Oscar party. I live in PA about an hours drive north of Philly.

But in Lindon Gil-Galad still maintained his
power, and Sauron dared not as yet to pass the Mountains of Ered Luin nor to
assail the Havens.

The Silmarillion: Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

_V_
Lorien

Mar 2 2009, 4:37am

Post #75 of 565 (4432 views)
Shortcut
I cannot attend but I'm in NYC [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't afford tickets to the actual Howard Shore event, but what exactly is the "Moot" activity? Just the event or an associated meetup? I'm in NYC I can go to the meetup if its separate.

What the official list of who's going?

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.