Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Lord of the Rings Upside Down!
Poll: Lord of the Rings Upside Down!
What?
Never.
I've seen one film all the way through.
I've seen two films all the way through.
I've seen three films all the way through.
Ive seen three extended ed. films all the way through.
Partially, but not on purpose.
Partially, but on purpose.
View Results (44 votes)

FictionCompany

Feb 17 2009, 3:52am

Post #1 of 10 (543 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Rings Upside Down! Can't Post

Have you viewed any number of the Lord of the RIngs films with an inverted picture? This means you either sat on your back during the film or you flipped the screen upside down so that the the intended bottom of the picture was at the top and vice versa.
I have watched the Fellowship of the Ring and a portion of the Two Towers upside down so far. I flipped my TV upside down after realizing that it would be painful to lay on my back for three or more hours at a time.
This is quite the experience and I challenge any person who considers themselves a hardcore Middle Earth fan to attempt this.
Let me know if you have thought of this or if you have done this unintentionally. If you think this is silly and wish to express that you won't be trying this ever.... please vote "What?"
***WARNING TO THOSE INTERESTED IN ATTEMPTING:
· Do not eat excessive amounts of food because prior to upside down viewing because it is common for nausea to occur.
· Consider watching in intervals if you choose to literally lay on your back, because blood will collect in your head and cause discomfort.

Nimloth
Lorien

Feb 17 2009, 4:29am

Post #2 of 10 (380 views)
Shortcut
Ummmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Why on earth would you want to? Crazy

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Feb 17 2009, 4:32pm

Post #3 of 10 (275 views)
Shortcut
From the highest dungeon to the lowest peak?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 17 2009, 6:17pm

Post #4 of 10 (335 views)
Shortcut
I could think of more fun things to do flat on my back.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Feb 17 2009, 9:20pm

Post #5 of 10 (224 views)
Shortcut
Does hanging my head off the side of the couch count? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Feb 18 2009, 2:32am

Post #6 of 10 (288 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking the same thing ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

FictionCompany

Feb 19 2009, 1:58am

Post #7 of 10 (189 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes certainly. Hanging your head off the side of the couch does count.

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 28 2009, 9:09pm

Post #8 of 10 (144 views)
Shortcut
My thoughts EXACTLY! // [In reply to] Can't Post

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 1 2009, 12:56am

Post #9 of 10 (232 views)
Shortcut
Downside up turned around is the way i prefer them all.\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Dagonet
Lorien

Apr 15 2009, 5:30pm

Post #10 of 10 (233 views)
Shortcut
partially not on purpose. [In reply to] Can't Post

My niece fell asleep on me, while watching Lord of the Rings, and I was hanging off the couch at an odd angle. By the time she woke up, the second disc of the Two Towers Extended edition was over and past the credits... and I had a splitting headache. But it was worth it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.