Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Everyone all right Down Under? Close to the fire?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Elven
Valinor

Feb 10 2009, 1:14pm

Post #51 of 57 (72 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Alcarcalime (((hugs))) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Zmulady
Rohan

Feb 10 2009, 4:24pm

Post #52 of 57 (81 views)
Shortcut
fire starter? [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so glad to hear you guys are alright!!! How scary...... Why on earth would anyone want to restart the fire? Did they say why?

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 11 2009, 3:30am

Post #53 of 57 (71 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this thread... [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the things both strange and wonderful about TORn is that I feel personally concerned now when I hear of things happening in places so far away ... both the good and the bad. I'm glad to hear our 'sibs are all well. But what a tragedy ... I share in your prayers.

Loresilme

Elven
Valinor

Feb 11 2009, 6:37am

Post #54 of 57 (69 views)
Shortcut
Hugs Back gramms ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks gramms ...
Funny now, it has been raining here - light and misty, not a chance of anything fires lighting now, natural or otherwise, but usually this area is one of the first to be on watch - we're pretty well safe and out of the woods.

Prayers to those who have lost much ...

Blessings Gramma
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Feb 11 2009, 7:16am

Post #55 of 57 (88 views)
Shortcut
VERY glad [In reply to] Can't Post

to hear that! Now, if I only could get all our rain down there ...

I'm glad every time I see your name here - it's so relieving to know you're safe Smile

(((((Elven)))))

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Sunflower
Valinor

Feb 13 2009, 12:53am

Post #56 of 57 (54 views)
Shortcut
Jeepers Creepers. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only heard of this story through little bits ans peices but had NO IDEA it was so awful. What exactly happened here? Were most of the origional fires deliberately set, and how much was related to the awful drought you guys has last year? We read so much of heat and drought -related California fires. *Shakes head in absolute disbelief* I cannot BELIEVE this.

Glad to know of course that all our Aussie sibs are okay, but what a horrendous thing for the familes who are grieving. Those cabrones who set the fires had better thank God that this is Australia not America. If something on that scale happened here, with public seniment...they'd be getting the death penalty.

Oh Kel....esp YOU....how can i have been so negligent..IM SORRY

HUGS< THhere's MUCH LOVE And God Bless!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Feb 13 2009, 1:36am

Post #57 of 57 (69 views)
Shortcut
Hiya Sunny [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey sweetie, I'm fine, I'm on the other side of the country, so don't worry about me. Elven and Penthe are much closer to it all than I am, and thankfully they're both safe too.

If you want to read more this is from the ABC website.

Take care, and thanks for thinking of us.

HeartHeartHeart*hugs, love & blessings*HeartHeartHeart

Kel x

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa
An Valinor, lissë Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.