Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Article on Gimli

And back again
Rivendell

Apr 10 2007, 6:18am

Post #1 of 8 (238 views)
Shortcut
Article on Gimli Can't Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...&in_page_id=1879

Quite an amazing set-up.

Interesting to see that he now lives in New Zealand.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 10 2007, 10:14am

Post #2 of 8 (99 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the post... [In reply to] Can't Post

Very interesting. It seems he is a nice person all the time, and not just to fans.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 10 2007, 2:07pm

Post #3 of 8 (97 views)
Shortcut
What a great article!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez... he ended up in NZ afterall... and a daughter named Maia! That's SO TOLKIEN! ;)

Thank you for this. I love seeing him so happy and blessed. I wish that for all of them!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Stapper
Lorien

Apr 10 2007, 8:03pm

Post #4 of 8 (84 views)
Shortcut
Great article! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a nice man!

Funny that the only English uni I've seen AND attended (UEA, although only for a summer course) is the one he studied at...

Belinda's law: The chance a computer crashes is proportional to the importance of the document you're working on

FOTR:50 links / Samwise's cookbook / TORn birthday calendar / 'Things you never (want to) hear people say' list

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 11 2007, 1:51am

Post #5 of 8 (70 views)
Shortcut
He has a very difficult situation [In reply to] Can't Post

and he's managed to work it out for all involved. Dealing with a spouse with Alzheimer's is one of the most devastating things that can happen, and if you can't "move on" somehow, it can ruin you emotionally. John R-D has been blessed with a most caring and generous partner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for shear delight, and he stood up and cried: 'O great glory and splendour! And all my wishes have come true!'"

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 6:42am

Post #6 of 8 (49 views)
Shortcut
Honesty & strength in life worthy of a true Gimli... / [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 10:19pm

Post #7 of 8 (42 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link [In reply to] Can't Post

I always wondered where he went after LOTR. Poor guy, but he seems to be making best of his situation. And I love his daughter's name *g*

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 13 2007, 2:42am

Post #8 of 8 (45 views)
Shortcut
I enjoyed this article. [In reply to] Can't Post

It gives me a warm feeling and real respect for JRD. I feel his life and his choices shows his heart and a man well chosen for the roll of Gimli.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

A little bit of Rivendell to warm the home

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.