The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Woah!

Aerin
Grey Havens

Apr 10 2007, 5:04am

Post #1 of 6 (394 views)
Shortcut
Woah! Can't Post

Is it my monitor, or has something changed? When viewing lists of posts in threaded mode, I'm now seeing very, very faint shading of every other subject line. Sort of like the shading on the list of forums. It's not dark enough to be functional, but it definitely wasn't visible before.

(This post was edited by Aerin on Apr 10 2007, 5:04am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 10 2007, 5:40am

Post #2 of 6 (294 views)
Shortcut
I see it too, [In reply to] Can't Post

although I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it.

It looks like sun-fading through venetian blinds.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 10 2007, 3:04pm

Post #3 of 6 (279 views)
Shortcut
I like it. [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes it easier to see which subject line goes with which name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

Aerin
Grey Havens

Apr 10 2007, 4:16pm

Post #4 of 6 (275 views)
Shortcut
Well, it would [In reply to] Can't Post

if the shading were a little darker. On my monitor, it's so light that one has to look carefully to see it.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 11 2007, 4:22am

Post #5 of 6 (263 views)
Shortcut
I've always seen it. I think. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I've seen that since coming to the new boards, if we're talking about the same thing. Furthermore, threads alternate shading color: a thread's posts will alternate gray and white, and the thread above or below will alternate yellow and white.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Apr. 9-15: Anke-Katrin Eissmann.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 11 2007, 2:15pm

Post #6 of 6 (273 views)
Shortcut
The appearance changes depending on my view [In reply to] Can't Post

I come into a forum like Feedback will all threads collapsed. Then I click on the thread I want to read and my view there is threaded.

If I want, I can expand all the collapsed threads into a threaded view of all of them.

The appearance of the subject titles of the post is different depending on which way I do it.

In the first way, the 'line' shading is always grey alternated with white and the grey is darker than the grey used for the second way.
In the second way, the threads alternately use grey and pale yellow.

The little icons to the left of each post are different as well.

I can't be sure I've seen them since the beginning but it didn't look different to me so I think I was.

Enjoy the LOTR movie soundtracks?
Why not join us for fun and discussion in
the current Movie Music Trivia Game.

SPECIAL *APRIL* EDITION OF THE GAME

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.