Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Which food or drink from Middle-earth would you most like to try?
Poll: If more of us valued food and drink and song above hoarded gold ...
Lembas
Bacon and mushrooms
A proper 1420 ale
Dorwinion wine
Honey-cakes of the Beornings
Ent-draughts
Miruvor
Herbs and stewed rabbit
View Results (50 votes)

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Apr 9 2007, 8:11pm

Post #1 of 14 (766 views)
Shortcut
Which food or drink from Middle-earth would you most like to try? Can't Post

If more of us valued food and drink and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world!

Which food or drink from Middle-earth would you most like to try?

(This post was edited by Idril Celebrindal on Apr 9 2007, 8:15pm)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 9 2007, 9:00pm

Post #2 of 14 (602 views)
Shortcut
I've voted for 1420, but [In reply to] Can't Post

the Gaffer's homebrew seems to have been pretty legendary, so I wouldn't mind trying that as well!

Morwen
Rohan

Apr 10 2007, 12:04am

Post #3 of 14 (609 views)
Shortcut
It all sounds delicious [In reply to] Can't Post

The bacon and mushrooms were tempting, but I could make that at home. I finally went with lembas, mostly out of curiousity.--What do they taste like? Is one small bite really enough for a long days march? Are they fattening?

I probably should have chosen ent-draughts, since I'm only 5'2". Maybe I'd finally be able to reach the top shelves in my kitchen cabinets.

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 10 2007, 7:05am

Post #4 of 14 (602 views)
Shortcut
Lembas [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a sweet tooth, and it seems the thing that's least like something you can find here.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 10 2007, 9:59am

Post #5 of 14 (605 views)
Shortcut
I would like to try miruvor... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have enough trouble finding jeans that are long enough, I don't need ent-draught.

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 10 2007, 1:38pm

Post #6 of 14 (604 views)
Shortcut
Lembas [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds perfect to take on camping trips. I can't drink alcohol anymore cause it puts me right to sleep. No ent-draught, I'm comfortable enough at 5' 6", thank you very much. I've always had a certain curiosity about cram, though.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 12:31am

Post #7 of 14 (607 views)
Shortcut
Ent draught. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to be more height/weight proportionate. :o)

Patty
Immortal

Apr 11 2007, 6:16am

Post #8 of 14 (601 views)
Shortcut
I'm having a hard time choosing between Lembas and Miruvor... [In reply to] Can't Post

if it is summer I choose Lembas. Miruvor is much more needed in the winter time I think. Pass it round!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 10:01pm

Post #9 of 14 (578 views)
Shortcut
I have to choose just one? [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted for Miruvor, since I think it would be a great tonic to body and spirit, but lembas might fill that need also. Probably has no calories either!

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 13 2007, 2:22pm

Post #10 of 14 (600 views)
Shortcut
Another similar poll already done; hence few answers only?... [In reply to] Can't Post

If you check in the previous Polls already answered on this great new toy, 'The Pollantir', you will see someone asked the same question, but only about the drinks. Still, this may explain why you got so few answers, although it's a such a nice, inviting, appetizing question!...Laugh
(just in case you have wondered... Smile

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 13 2007, 2:28pm

Post #11 of 14 (579 views)
Shortcut
... But I just saw that you did get 25 votes anyway! Good!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Apr 17 2007, 3:19am

Post #12 of 14 (605 views)
Shortcut
Ent Draughts [In reply to] Can't Post

I am tired of being 5'1 and all the short people jokes. I literally have to climb the shelves in the stores to get the things off the top shelves. I have a stool in every room. I want kegs of Ent Draughts!!!!!!

(This post was edited by Shadowfaxfan on Apr 17 2007, 3:21am)

Donry
Tol Eressea

May 11 2007, 12:28am

Post #13 of 14 (563 views)
Shortcut
I would like [In reply to] Can't Post

to try some of Gaffer's homebrew...along with some Old Toby, Southern Star and Longbottom Leaf......

Smudger

May 13 2007, 2:28pm

Post #14 of 14 (660 views)
Shortcut
Gaffer's homebrew [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely the Gaffer's homebrew for me too! Just waht you need to unwind after a hard day!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.