Gandalf's sexuality? McKellen's comments
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 15 2009, 10:28pm

Post #201 of 206 (4902 views)
Shortcut
*hee!* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm smiling here all alone in my office. Thanks for a great post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 15 2009, 10:35pm

Post #202 of 206 (4916 views)
Shortcut
I'm flashing back seven years [In reply to] Can't Post

to one of the first TORn posts I ever read, right after FotR came out. A person who may or may not have been a troll was saying he was upset that his children had had to see "little men hugging each other" in the movie. Of course people getting killed and tortured didn't elicit a similar complaint.

I've been enjoying your contributions to this thread too. Where are my modding powers when I need them?

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jan 16 2009, 6:25am

Post #203 of 206 (4912 views)
Shortcut
That's what I am wondering often [In reply to] Can't Post

in the fanfiction world. I knew at least one archive where a little bit of swearing or even remotely described sexual content caused stories to be deleted, but violence in the extreme was okay - it doesn't hurt little children to read about brutal torture, but it hurts them to read about people kissing and caressing? Odd world.

Really, someone complained about 'little men hugging each other'? *ROTFLMAO* What's wrong with that? Some people are quite weird!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 16 2009, 5:09pm

Post #204 of 206 (4887 views)
Shortcut
If I knew how to do those little smiley animations [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd give you a smootch for that great pun. I read it yesterday and it made me smile the rest of the day.

Deni
Rivendell

Jan 17 2009, 4:32pm

Post #205 of 206 (4890 views)
Shortcut
LOL!Poor thing^^ [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel sorry with you!Sly

Rivendweller
Lorien

Jan 19 2009, 12:53am

Post #206 of 206 (5297 views)
Shortcut
Actually [In reply to] Can't Post

I think she was asked whether or not Dumbledore had ever been in love, with most if not all people assuming it would have been with a member of the opposite sex. That is when she responded that , in her own head, she always thought of Dumbledore as being gay.

I think, ( I cannot be sure as it was a while ago ) that it was later on that she expounded upon the fact that his only experience with feeling romantic love had been with Gellert Grindlewald.

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.