Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TIME - April 8 & 9

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 9 2007, 9:08am

Views: 270
Shortcut
TIME - April 8 & 9 Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

April 8-9, 3019 (S.R. 1419)
1. The Ring-bearers revisit fair Ithilien [first a little more from the night before]
(not from the appendices)
..."Orcs, and talking trees, and leagues of grass, and galloping riders, and glittering caves, and white towers and golden halls, and battles, and tall ships sailing, all these passed before Sam's mind until he felt bewildered. But amidst all these wonders he returned always to his astonishment at the size of Merry and Pippin; and he made them stand back to back with Frodo and himself. He scratched his head. 'Can't understand it at your age!' he said. 'But there it is: you're three inches taller than you ought to be, or I'm a dwarf.'
...'That you certainly are not,' said Gimli. 'But what did I say? Mortals cannot go drinking ent-draughts and expect no more to come of them than a pot of beer.'
...'Ent-draughts?' said Sam. 'There you go about Ents again; but what they are beats me. Why, it will take weeks before we get all these things sized up!'
...'Weeks indeed,' said Pippin. 'And then Frodo will have to be locked up in a tower in Minas Tirith and write it all down. Otherwise he will forget half of it, and poor old Bilbo will be dreadfully disappointed.'
...At length Gandalf rose. 'The hands of the King are hands of healing, dear friends,' he said. 'But you were to the very brink of death ere he recalled you, putting forth all his power, and sent you into the sweet forgetfulness of sleep. And though you have indeed slept long and blessedly, still it is now time to sleep again.'
...'And not only Sam and Frodo here,' said Gimli, 'but you too, Pippin. I love you, if only because of the pains you have cost me, which I shall never forget... ...And it is only a day yet since you were first up and abroad again. To bed now you go. And so shall I.'
...'And I,' said Legolas, 'shall walk in the woods of the fair land, which is rest enough. In days to come, if any Elven-lord allows, some of our folk shall remove hither; and when we come it shall be blessed, for a while. For a while: a month, a life, a hundred years of Men. But Anduin is near, and Anduin leads down to the Sea. To the Sea...' ...And so singing Legolas went away down the hill."

(April 9)
..."In the morning Sam and Frodo rose again in hope and peace; and they spent many days in Ithilien... ...The hobbits wandered here and there visiting again the places that they had passed before; and Sam hoped always in some shadow of the woods or secret glade to catch, maybe, a glimpse of the great Oliphaunt. And when he learned that at the siege of Gondor there had been a great number of these beasts but that they were all destroyed, he thought it a sad loss.
...'Well, one can't be everywhere at once, I suppose,' he said. 'But I missed a lot, seemingly.'
...In the meanwhile the host made ready for the return to Minas Tirith. The weary rested and the hurt were healed."

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Subject User Time
TIME - April 8 & 9 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 9 2007, 9:08am
    I can hear the chuckles dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 9 2007, 11:43am
        I'm thinking it was grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 9 2007, 2:05pm
    What a wonderful meeting that must have been! Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Apr 10 2007, 12:34am
        I'm hoping he enjoyed it and participated grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 10 2007, 1:31am
    TIME - April 10 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 10 2007, 8:47am
        *adds to list of Tolkien sayings* dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 10 2007, 10:50am
            "...spend a week just breathing..." Oh yeah. I could go for that right now! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 10 2007, 2:08pm
        TIME - April 11 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 11 2007, 9:45am
            "Let them sail" dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 11 2007, 10:59am
                Isn't it interesting grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 11 2007, 2:24pm
                    Or maybe Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Apr 11 2007, 2:30pm
                        Good point! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 11 2007, 4:10pm
            That must have been a difficult visit for Gandalf Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Apr 11 2007, 12:44pm
                Oh fersher! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 11 2007, 2:28pm
                He and Frodo dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 12 2007, 2:58am
            " I say, Frodo Baggins... Cirdan the Shipwright Send a private message to Cirdan the Shipwright Apr 11 2007, 4:59pm
                *twitter!* I love the peeps!!! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 12 2007, 8:49am
            TIME - April 12 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 12 2007, 8:40am
                "It would possess him..." dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 12 2007, 11:43am
                    Sam would have to move closer ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 12 2007, 6:48pm
                Wonderful passages. Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Apr 12 2007, 2:22pm
                    There was no other reason grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 12 2007, 6:52pm
                    Good catch! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 13 2007, 1:43am
                TIME - April 12 pt.2 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 13 2007, 8:40am
                    It's starting to hit Frodo... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 13 2007, 12:40pm
                        Definitely Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Apr 13 2007, 4:01pm
                        I love Gandalf's reaction grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 15 2007, 12:23pm
                    TIME - April 12 pt.3 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 14 2007, 8:45am
                        "I am not made for perilous quests." dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 14 2007, 1:18pm
                            I've wondered about hte Ring grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 15 2007, 12:07pm
                        Gandalf Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Apr 14 2007, 10:20pm
                            Oh me too! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 15 2007, 12:12pm
                        TIME - April 12 continued grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 15 2007, 12:00pm
                            There is just so much in this one section... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 15 2007, 12:57pm
                                *****MODS UP****** *sigh* // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 16 2007, 10:08am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.