Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Just to be obtuse...

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 19 2007, 2:19pm

Post #1 of 9 (416 views)
Shortcut
Just to be obtuse... Can't Post

All drabbles and parodies and whatnot are to go in Fan Art? Will mathoms still go on Main? And what's the little green markup icon next to the warning-sign-exclamation point? I said ... somewhere, don't ask me where ... that it looks to me like a green cat with a tilted top hat, but somehow I can't see the usefulness of that. There oughta be a thoroughly bewildered looking smiley markup...

TheOneRing.net – where everybody knows your name!
And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 19 2007, 2:23pm

Post #2 of 9 (336 views)
Shortcut
Okay, and [In reply to] Can't Post

does anyone else see the text in my footer as really big? It was fine at home, and when I saw it this morning I went in and specified font size 3, but.

Look out, Aerlinn's talking to herself again.

And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 19 2007, 2:24pm

Post #3 of 9 (336 views)
Shortcut
You obviously didn't read... [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha! Not the FAQ this time. Laugh Hehe...

...my reply to your post on OT...

*hugs*

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Reera the Red
Rivendell

Feb 19 2007, 2:26pm

Post #4 of 9 (325 views)
Shortcut
I think the green icon is a bug. [In reply to] Can't Post

For software bug reports, maybe? It looks like a little beetle or something, and the image name is bug.gif.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 19 2007, 2:26pm

Post #5 of 9 (328 views)
Shortcut
Oh, and the green icon is a bug [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet you'd be an interesting subject of an ink blot test. Wink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 19 2007, 2:42pm

Post #6 of 9 (324 views)
Shortcut
*squints* [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like whiskers to me. I guess I just prefer cats to bugs... AND need new glasses. Wait, these are new glasses. I need a nap. And a cookie.

Alnilam
Rivendell

Feb 19 2007, 3:10pm

Post #7 of 9 (319 views)
Shortcut
I see a green cat, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking of Baron from the Miyazaki movies.

Alnilam's Realm
From the Old TORN Boards: Top 5 Browsers/OSs:
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (1568)
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (890)
3. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (464)
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98 (175)
5. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (136)

Sherry
Rivendell

Feb 19 2007, 5:29pm

Post #8 of 9 (301 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

its bigger than the usual font but not quite as big as the large font you use in your post there.

FWIW, I am using Safari atm. Will check on Firefox and Opera and a few other browsers when I get home for you.

That probably doesn't help.

''Pooh!'' he whispered.
''Yes, Piglet?''
''Nothing,'' said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. ''I just wanted to be sure of you.''

What I am listening to

New boards = new nick. Registered User formerly known as Arwenelf

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 19 2007, 5:38pm

Post #9 of 9 (326 views)
Shortcut
I ditto Sherry. [In reply to] Can't Post

Your footer text is bigger than usual but not ginormous. (I'm using IE.)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.