The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

stormcrow20
Gondor

Dec 21 2008, 7:48pm

Post #26 of 37 (149 views)
Shortcut
It's not in the past-tense yet. Pun-itis is quite inflectious. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Behold the magic of the Holiday Season!

Before: After:

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."

"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

weaver
Half-elven

Dec 21 2008, 8:49pm

Post #27 of 37 (131 views)
Shortcut
I hear there's a good verbal remedy for it.... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver

Mar
Gondor

Dec 21 2008, 9:09pm

Post #28 of 37 (136 views)
Shortcut
If I may interject - could you justify that statement? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 22 2008, 3:09am

Post #29 of 37 (134 views)
Shortcut
This pun thread is just pluperfect! Superlative! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2008, 3:25am

Post #30 of 37 (137 views)
Shortcut
Bwahaha!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

Annael
Immortal

Dec 22 2008, 3:52pm

Post #31 of 37 (119 views)
Shortcut
Embarassing pronouns with overtone of ["whatever sex you might or might not be"] // [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . let me tell you, if you are going to marry someone to change and improve him, better not. Likewise, if you are saying "yea" to the world to improve it, please, just leave us alone. There is but one way to say yea in love, and that is to affirm what is there.
- Joseph Campbell

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Annael
Immortal

Dec 22 2008, 3:54pm

Post #32 of 37 (118 views)
Shortcut
that's a subjective opinion // [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . let me tell you, if you are going to marry someone to change and improve him, better not. Likewise, if you are saying "yea" to the world to improve it, please, just leave us alone. There is but one way to say yea in love, and that is to affirm what is there.
- Joseph Campbell

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Ciars
Rohan

Dec 22 2008, 4:17pm

Post #33 of 37 (117 views)
Shortcut
comparatively speaking// [In reply to] Can't Post

the perfect place to unwind

Tyler
Lorien

Dec 22 2008, 5:16pm

Post #34 of 37 (120 views)
Shortcut
well maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

They thought that if they taught it to peaple they would be over ran by a dragon for years have to go to the shire find a hobbit to help them as a burgler and find this dragons weak spot (yeah i know i left some stuff out there)

Home is behind, the world ahead... And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight... Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade... all... shall... fade...

Myrkvidr
The Shire

Dec 22 2008, 5:28pm

Post #35 of 37 (121 views)
Shortcut
They were afraid people would start threads about it on message boards... [In reply to] Can't Post

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 22 2008, 7:33pm

Post #36 of 37 (109 views)
Shortcut
I'm in gerundal agreement. / [In reply to] Can't Post

My writing (including The Passing of Mistress Rose)

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 24 2008, 3:36pm

Post #37 of 37 (156 views)
Shortcut
All the vowels are short. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.