Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Big FOTR music event - Oct 09: Concert & Book Release
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 19 2008, 2:33pm

Post #1 of 63 (2196 views)
Shortcut
Big FOTR music event - Oct 09: Concert & Book Release Can't Post

This has just been posted at Doug Adams' blog. In case it be lost amongst the information let me tease out and bold this item first:

Tickets Go On-Sale Friday, December 19th at Noon

To read the full entry, go here: http://themusicofthelordoftheringsfilms.blogspot.com/2008/12/fotr-live-radio-city-music-hall-oct-9.html

Concert:
  • FOTR score performed live to the movie (theatrical edition)
  • Radio City Music Hall
  • Oct 9 & 10, 2009 (Columbus Day weekend)
  • Switzerland’s 21st Century Orchestra, under the baton of Maestro Ludwig Wicki
  • The Collegiate Chorale, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus, and vocal soloist Kaitlyn Lusk
  • Shore will introduce each evening’s performances, in a pre-concert lecture with Doug Adams, author of The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films
  • Shore (and I'm guessing Adams) will be available to greet fans at additional events scheduled throughout the weekend.
Book Release:
  • Doug writes:
Although we still have some details to work out it's not yet official, the current plan is to release both The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films book and The Master Box box set--including The Rarities Archives--at this event. And yes, we intend to do so in high style... with a little long expected release party!

For more information on the book/rarities releases, see this forum post or this home page article.

I wonder if Mr. Cere is perhaps hinting at this in the Moot section of the forum.

LOTR soundtrack website : FOTR Lyrics Update, Oct 2008
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Dec 19 2008, 2:36pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 19 2008, 2:45pm

Post #2 of 63 (699 views)
Shortcut
Link to Radio City Music Hall [In reply to] Can't Post

I should have provided this in the original post. I was just a little too excited.

Radio City Music Hall

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Dec 19 2008, 6:44pm

Post #3 of 63 (622 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great event! I wish that I knew more about my schedule and finances in October, right now. I would love to be able to go to this!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for December

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Dec 19 2008, 11:48pm

Post #4 of 63 (699 views)
Shortcut
*splutters in anger* [In reply to] Can't Post

At myself and Radio City, not TORn or TORnsibs or anyone else . . .

I missed that part on the homepage article, about box office tickets going on sale "beginning on the second day of sale at the Garden and Music Hall Box Office" -- and I don't see anything about this on the Radio City site, which just says tickets go on sale today. Went slip-sliding over there in the icy slush (almost fell twice) through hordes of slow-moving tourists, only to be told I can't buy tickets until tomorrow. Grrr . . .

Sorry, just venting. Very annoyed. Mad Mad Mad

"You ought to begin to understand, Frodo, after all you have heard," said Gandalf. "He hated it and loved it, as he hated and loved himself. He could not get rid of it. He had no will left in the matter."

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 20 2008, 12:12am

Post #5 of 63 (601 views)
Shortcut
Which day? [In reply to] Can't Post

Which of the two days are you planning to buy for? I know TORnados can't all sit together but it would be fun to Fellowship before and/ or after.

I am definitely planning to be there BTW. 8)

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 20 2008, 12:12am

Post #6 of 63 (635 views)
Shortcut
Interesting. [In reply to] Can't Post

People at Doug's blog are reported having obtained their tickets.

http://themusicofthelordoftheringsfilms.blogspot.com/...usic-hall-oct-9.html

I was out yesterday in slush and I was so tried of the slippery stuff by the end of the day I could just have screamed.

Glaurung63
Lorien

Dec 20 2008, 12:39am

Post #7 of 63 (618 views)
Shortcut
the storms of Caradhras will not stay my hand.... [In reply to] Can't Post

....from handing over my hard earned cash to my local Ticketmaster store tomorrow morning.....I had my New School graduation ceremony at Radio City, and have seen concerts there from Rush to Indigo Girls....this will be a fantastic historical multimedia event, I'm sure fans worldwide want tix....having seen the LOTR symphony, with Howard introducing it, I can only imagine how great this will be!

Can TT, ROTK....and then The Hobbit symphonies be far behind??? Seriously, Shore's music has had sellout crowds and given orchestras work, when the audience for classical has been dying out, at least in some areas of the U.S.

this will ROCK....will post when I have my tix in hand....

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Dec 20 2008, 12:41am

Post #8 of 63 (622 views)
Shortcut
They must've bought online. [In reply to] Can't Post

I could do that too, but I figured the fees would be less if I went to the box office. Tomorrow I'll either try the box office again, or just be lazy and buy online. Maybe I'll see how slippery it is out.

"You ought to begin to understand, Frodo, after all you have heard," said Gandalf. "He hated it and loved it, as he hated and loved himself. He could not get rid of it. He had no will left in the matter."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Dec 20 2008, 12:44am

Post #9 of 63 (650 views)
Shortcut
Whichever night has better seats available at the time I buy. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though if TORnsibs are going on another night, that would be fine too. Which night are you planning to go?

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Dec 20 2008, 12:49am

Post #10 of 63 (663 views)
Shortcut
Alright, that's it. Time to book my first-ever plane trip. [In reply to] Can't Post

For this beautiful score? Come hell or high water I intend to be there, it gives me the excuse I've been needing to visit New York.

*scoots off to check airline prices*

Captain Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Captain Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Dec 20 2008, 12:52am

Post #11 of 63 (597 views)
Shortcut
*hands over a hot chocolate* // [In reply to] Can't Post

Captain Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Dec 20 2008, 1:01am

Post #12 of 63 (641 views)
Shortcut
BTW if anybody is planning to fly in for this ---> [In reply to] Can't Post

STA travel has great deals, but I believe it is restricted to students.

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 20 2008, 1:02am

Post #13 of 63 (599 views)
Shortcut
No plans yet [In reply to] Can't Post

Both nights?

I don't know, it would be a pitty not to party but we better just all get seats and worry about that later.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 20 2008, 1:04am

Post #14 of 63 (630 views)
Shortcut
Rush you say? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done sir! Very well done.

I have only seen the Rockettes there and while they have better legs, none of them were Neil Peart. See you at the show.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

Henoluin Elsilim
Rivendell

Dec 20 2008, 1:37am

Post #15 of 63 (583 views)
Shortcut
Drat... [In reply to] Can't Post

Why can't I live in/close to NY.... Unsure
But maybe by the time it actually comes around... but by then I'm sure the tickets will be gone.
Darn... Why can't they have cool stuff like this where I live? Crazy

~ Henoluin ~

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with Ketchup."

(This post was edited by Henoluin Elsilim on Dec 20 2008, 1:39am)

Glaurung63
Lorien

Dec 20 2008, 2:25am

Post #16 of 63 (601 views)
Shortcut
Legs.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, Rush did their 30th Anniversary show at Radio City, several hours of their best, including Peart's drum solo, where you'd think he had more than four limbs.....

I remember I did see the Rockettes there at a Christmas show perhaps? Radio City is fantastic....

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 20 2008, 3:22am

Post #17 of 63 (638 views)
Shortcut
*mournful graon* No way to get there [In reply to] Can't Post

but omg what a fabulous event! I'm really sad about having to wait long for the release. First Harry Potter moves from November 08 to July 09; Doug's work moved an entire year away; our "announcement" for The Hobbit/Film2 at the end of the year/Christmas... all such a torment. I'm beginning to develop a lack of trust when it comes to promised production dates.

But I've already started a "Doug Adams Piggy Bank" to prepare for his expanded achievement. *twitch* This is going to be so extremely good!!! :D

Thanks Magpie!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Dec 20 2008, 5:10am

Post #18 of 63 (565 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, thanks! That's just what I needed. :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

CAhobbit
Rohan

Dec 20 2008, 5:24am

Post #19 of 63 (571 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Ticket bought for the Saturday event! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now, to save up for the plane ride and room. Oh boy, oh boy!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Sunflower
Valinor

Dec 20 2008, 9:34am

Post #20 of 63 (564 views)
Shortcut
*Sigh* [In reply to] Can't Post

My finances are not enough to accomodate both this and U2s upcoming tour, which I've been trying to save up for, for the past year....(and they just announced their new album's name and release date)...so I will not be able to get tix to the event itself...

BUT....will there be a way to meet Mr. Shore and Doug Adams regardless of that? That's my dream, it's been for the past 7 yrs....Unsure Are all these events right after the performances.... or are they seperate events that will be open to the public free of charge, or cheaper, anyway.
I don't mind missing the performance per se (the ROTK score is my favorite and that's the Symphony I am really waiting for....well... who am I kidding...... Sly I'll die to go to any one of these....)

In any case, I would love to meet all sibs who are going....I have yet to meet anyone from TORN...it's a short and easy trip for me down there....just 3 hrs...and if I can't get in the building, could I give something to one of you for him to sign for me?!?

*heart breaking, This has been my dream but cannot go....to meet Shore anyway........I got to meet Doug Jones though, that was one of my 2 dreams, so anything is possible....

(and BTW, I have just been too tired to finish the account of that meeting I tried to put up in OT a while back...so if anyone wants an account, and pics, just PM me)

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Dec 20 2008, 9:42am)

Elven
Valinor

Dec 20 2008, 3:50pm

Post #21 of 63 (524 views)
Shortcut
Oh WOW!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds truely amazing! What an event!

Im on the other side of the world and I really dont see myself going - but it would make a great DVD!! It would be so cool as a recording and launch in itself - a behind the scenes to the whole event! *hint hint Doug* Cool

Great stuff! Smile

Cheers Magpie Heart
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2008, 4:08pm

Post #22 of 63 (526 views)
Shortcut
I've also got tickets for Saturday. [In reply to] Can't Post

Greendragon will be using the other one, I hope!

"Frodo? I know why you seek solitude."

"Evidently not."

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2008, 6:29pm

Post #23 of 63 (520 views)
Shortcut
Oh bother [In reply to] Can't Post

Why in New York and why just in the weekend after RingCon. I can't combine the two, and I already have tickets for RingCon. Unsure I would have loved to come to New York, see the performance and meet sibs. Oh well, maybe another time. For everybody who does have tickets, have so much fun (even though it is still a long wait).

deej
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2008, 11:55pm

Post #24 of 63 (581 views)
Shortcut
For the people who've already gotten tickets: [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is everyone sitting?

"...and back again."

(This post was edited by deej on Dec 21 2008, 12:00am)

deej
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2008, 11:57pm

Post #25 of 63 (527 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be great to have a NYC Moot!

"...and back again."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.