Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Reminder: Bakski LOTR Discussion April 16

drogo
Lorien

Apr 6 2007, 5:33pm

Post #1 of 4 (364 views)
Shortcut
Reminder: Bakski LOTR Discussion April 16 Can't Post

Just a reminder to people that on Monday, April 16 we'll be starting our discussion of the Ralph Bakshi 1978 animated LOTR movie. It's readily available in video stores and on Amazon.

I'll be doing the first 3 chapters April 16, then Finding Frodo will be doing the next 3 chapters the week of April 23. PM me if you forget which week you signed up for. There will be about 3 or so posts, on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

Next week I'll put up a sign-up for the remaining part of the film starting the week of May 21.

Remember, before there was Jackson, Bakshi was all we had! It's fun, cheesy, and hey, there are even some things I prefer in it!

So queue up that Netflix or get that rental card out folks.

Discuss the Bakshi Lord of the Rings on the Movie Board starting April 16

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Apr 7 2007, 4:11am

Post #2 of 4 (267 views)
Shortcut
I'm here [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched part of it last week and that's the extent of my preparation so far. I'm looking forward to the discussion, though!

Where's Frodo?

Lady-of-Light

Apr 11 2007, 3:34pm

Post #3 of 4 (268 views)
Shortcut
animated film discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

I an sorry to say that I have only seen a small portion of the movie when it was on tv. I just got it at Amazon.com but have not had the time to watch it yet. The first movies I had seen was Peter Jacksons. I will try to see it before the discussion starts

(This post was edited by Lady-of-Light on Apr 11 2007, 3:35pm)

drogo
Lorien

Apr 11 2007, 11:12pm

Post #4 of 4 (281 views)
Shortcut
We'll be going slow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since we are dividing it up, we'll only be looking at a few minutes at a time at first. My section will be the first three chapters, about 6 minutes. This will give people time to get it and watch it.

Oh, and based on requests, we'll start with a Caption Contest in the first post on Monday. Hey, it's Bakshi.... he's tailor-made for such contests! Smile

Discuss the Bakshi Lord of the Rings on the Movie Board starting April 16

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.