Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
LOTR Online.....

LOTRocks
Bree

Dec 15 2008, 4:35am

Post #1 of 20 (802 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Online..... Can't Post

Who's played LOTR Online, and what do you think about it?

Donry
Tol Eressea

Dec 16 2008, 3:15am

Post #2 of 20 (574 views)
Shortcut
I have played [In reply to] Can't Post

it....only once in the last month or so....been too busy! But I like it, think its pretty darn good. There are a few on here who play.

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 16 2008, 8:48am

Post #3 of 20 (574 views)
Shortcut
I have played [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoyed it a lot but it was too big of a potential time sink for me to stick with it. But for those who enjoy MMOs, and Tolkien, I think it is beautifully done. Further, Turbine who does the game, tries very hard to involve the community and do updates often. I do think it is top shelf.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

Vidstige
Bree

Dec 16 2008, 7:04pm

Post #4 of 20 (541 views)
Shortcut
Been playing it since launch [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been playing it since launch almost two years ago and I'm loving it. I've seen almost all the content in Shadows of Angmar, and it's great, and I really like what I've seen so far of the Mines of Moria expansion.

I play on Snowbourn, one of the European servers. My main character is Guardian who is level 56 right now.

Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

Donry
Tol Eressea

Dec 16 2008, 10:57pm

Post #5 of 20 (578 views)
Shortcut
I'm on Landroval [In reply to] Can't Post

which is apparently the unofficial server for roleplaying. I use a hobbit (same name as on here), 13th level......I have yet to explore very far, have been enjoying the Shire way too much, I've been to Thorin's Gate, Buckland and Bree, but not any where else. I have a blast when I'm online. I will probably start up another character eventually......

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Dec 18 2008, 1:00am

Post #6 of 20 (539 views)
Shortcut
It's my current addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

Elendilmir here, Laerwen (60) and Oloriel (54) are my main toons. I have made some great friends playing the game, and I have established myself on those forums XD

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Dec 18 2008, 12:43pm

Post #7 of 20 (566 views)
Shortcut
That's my reason for not getting it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I already spend too much time on my XBox360, I have to try and spend a little time forcing myself to do something creative!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Underhill

Dec 18 2008, 4:27pm

Post #8 of 20 (544 views)
Shortcut
I've been playing for a little over a year now... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great MMO with a more mature community than the 'other' MMO. Wink I just transfered my main toon to Elendilmir. So if you see me on, give a holler! Daithin (46) Burg and Dirrgo (27) Warden.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2008, 5:20pm

Post #9 of 20 (499 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to the boards! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you. :)

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Dec 28 2008, 11:04pm

Post #10 of 20 (494 views)
Shortcut
Been playing a few months now... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I've really enjoyed it so far; some parts are frustrating when you get incapacitated though! I am in Snowbourne as Nenweth, elf lore-master (10) and Ashway, woman champion (13) at the moment. It can suck you in sometimes and I've found myself on it for a few hours at a time! However it will be useful taking my mind off my boyfriend when he goes in the navy.

Brian Blessed for Thorin!

Formerly known as Rosie!

Vidstige
Bree

Dec 29 2008, 11:00am

Post #11 of 20 (488 views)
Shortcut
Snowbourn ftw [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I am in Snowbourne as Nenweth, elf lore-master (10) and Ashway, woman champion (13) at the moment.

Cool! If you ever feel like joining a kinship consider The Blades of Arnor. Smile

Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Dec 29 2008, 11:09am

Post #12 of 20 (482 views)
Shortcut
Could use your help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ashway is currently scouting the midgewater marshes for goblins and has just been incapacitated so I don't think she can do it on her own!!! Also Nenweth has just been poisoned by spiders whilst rescueing a lost dwarf cook from Gondamon! Her raven isn't much help. Ashway is already in a kinship; can she be in more than one?

Brian Blessed for Thorin!

Formerly known as Rosie!

Vidstige
Bree

Dec 29 2008, 12:31pm

Post #13 of 20 (452 views)
Shortcut
Kinships [In reply to] Can't Post

A character can only be in one kinship. You could have different characters in different kinships but I wouldn't recommend it. I think you should have all your characters in the same kinship.

MMOWarrior

Dec 29 2008, 9:04pm

Post #14 of 20 (476 views)
Shortcut
Best MMO On the Market [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm an MMO junkie and I have to say LotRO is sorely under-rated.. beautifully done!

Vidstige
Bree

Dec 30 2008, 11:12am

Post #15 of 20 (583 views)
Shortcut
Just a few screenshots [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a few screenshots of iconic locations I've found during my journeys in Middle-earth. Smile

Exterior of Bag End.

Interior of Bag End

The Party Tree

Fog over Weathertop

Rivendell

Barad Gularan in Angmar

Gollum's cave in Goblin Town

Three trolls that were surprised by Gandalf Smile

My first encounter with a balrog

Posing outside our kinship hall after defeating said balrog

I helped reforge Narsil

The Black Pool

Guess who this is! (He's seen in a flashback)

The first thing I saw after entering Moria

The Forgotten Treasury in Moria

The Endless Stair

I think you know this one Smile

Vidstige
Bree

Jan 2 2009, 7:18am

Post #16 of 20 (798 views)
Shortcut
One more... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the Second Hall

Myrkvidr
The Shire

Jan 7 2009, 4:40am

Post #17 of 20 (510 views)
Shortcut
New to LotR Online [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello everyone!

I've just recently purchased LotR Online and have yet to make a character.

I was wondering how many of you are on what servers and why... trying to figure out which server I should join.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jan 7 2009, 6:43am

Post #18 of 20 (662 views)
Shortcut
Hi.... [In reply to] Can't Post

as mentioned earlier, I'm currently playing (when actually online) on the Landroval server. It is apparently the unofficial role playing server, so if you are more into role playing your character, then that server might be the best. However, there are many on there who don't role play. You'll find that on most of the servers actually, but it seems some do seem to favour certain communities more than others.

Cegwyn
Bree

Jan 24 2009, 5:32am

Post #19 of 20 (1789 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those screens got me really excited! I've been wanting to play this, and I'm going to try the free trial .The only thing keeping me from buying it is the monthly subscription.

You are most like Aragorn. You have strong convictions and you stick to them. Although you are more of a recluse, you are extremely loyal to the few friends that you have. You are very serious about things, but you like having fun. Fame and fortune mean little to you, and you aren't concerned with being popular. Good for you!

Donry
Tol Eressea

Feb 4 2009, 1:18am

Post #20 of 20 (1229 views)
Shortcut
I don't know.... [In reply to] Can't Post

if that life-time membership is still available or not...I think you can get a yearly one? I didn't like the monthly either, I bought the lifetime membership. Nice to know I won't ever have to worry about it again! I haven't played much in the last 2 months, but did manage to fish for a while one night. I have to get back into it a bit more soon.

Any fun going on in the game with anyone else lately?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.