Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Sets out assorted chocolates and hides Easter eggs* Come on in! It's time for Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 6 2007, 4:02pm

Post #1 of 121 (518 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out assorted chocolates and hides Easter eggs* Come on in! It's time for Fiesta! Can't Post

Welcome to another Fiesta Friday! What better way to celebrate a long Easter weekend: some people have Friday off, some have Monday off, and a lucky few have them both off!

Another great reason to celebrate is the 89 new members we’ve gotten since the PF Frodo contest was announced! *waves a welcome* Some of them only posted once so far (*hands on hips* what are you waiting for?), but many others have joined in the discussions and are settling in nicely. WELCOME!!!LaughSmile
(The contest winners will be chosen and emailed by mid-afternoon if you’re wondering).

With that, I thought a fitting tribute to this holiday weekend would be a few scenes from Lord of the Peeps. Enjoy!

p.s. No eating the peeps please. (Ooops! To late Blush)

*kicks juke box – Here Comes Peter Cottontail starts playing*

Happy Weekend, everyone!!!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 6 2007, 4:04pm

Post #2 of 121 (323 views)
Shortcut
Yay! I can rush in before rushing out... [In reply to] Can't Post

Chocolate please - and champagne, of course! I mean, it IS Easter weekend, after all... Wink

My show opened well last night and the Green Dragon pub is looking great! Hopefully I'll get some good publicity pics to post here! Meanwhile I'm trying to fit in work, Good Friday service, meeting up with my parents and the second show today. Phew! I'll take that bubbly and chocolate to go, please!

Happy weekend, all!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 6 2007, 4:06pm

Post #3 of 121 (313 views)
Shortcut
Congrat, greendragon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats on a good opening for you show! *pops cork* That deserves champagne and chocolate if anything does!! Laugh

*gets down special champagne 'to-go' cup*

Enjoy the weekend! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 6 2007, 4:06pm

Post #4 of 121 (328 views)
Shortcut
It's Friday!!! Welcome to our Newbies !!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Altaira :) How wonderful that we've had so many join our merry little band! *waves HOWDY*

I LOVE THE PEEPS!! I've come thirsty today… and want to fake myself out that it really is Spring somewhere in the country… so may I have a cold glass of pink lemonade please?

I'm off to visit me Mum this weekend, so I won't be around for Easter. But I want to wish everyone a VERY WONDERFUL WEEKEND and enjoy their visit from the Bunny! I'm including my favourite set of coneys that I've already shared with Ataahua and her Easter celebration.

I also want to wish greendragon all the best during her busy weekend. I hope the production is going just as she dreamed it would (and deserves to have)!!

Cheers ya'll… and stay safe!!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 6 2007, 4:07pm

Post #5 of 121 (306 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!!! Happy thoughts for your busy weekend and much success!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:08pm

Post #6 of 121 (300 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, greendragon [In reply to] Can't Post

...and i'm looking forward to having a real drink with you this fall! Smile

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:11pm

Post #7 of 121 (324 views)
Shortcut
*looks for the Cadbury Creme Eggs* [In reply to] Can't Post

Those always were my favorite.

Things this weekend should be fairly quite here - i've still got to finish unpacking from my trip, not to mention cleaning, laundry and all of that other fun stuff. Maybe squeeze in a movie. Hope you all have a great weekend and Happy Easter.

Cheers!

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 6 2007, 4:12pm

Post #8 of 121 (313 views)
Shortcut
Living dangerously, gramma? [In reply to] Can't Post

may I have a cold glass of pink lemonade please?

Hitting the hard stuff today, I see. Wink

Have a wonderful visit with your Mom and we'll eagerly await your return. Smile

TORn Calendar

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:12pm

Post #9 of 121 (295 views)
Shortcut
Cheers gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

That cartoon of the choc bunnies made me laugh out loud. Sly

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 6 2007, 4:14pm

Post #10 of 121 (314 views)
Shortcut
Busy, busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol, I'm like you, deej... I can pack in the blink of an eye, but it takes me forever to unpack. Laugh

I think a movie sounds much more fun, don't you? Oops, I'm not a very good influence, am I? Blush

Have a great weekend whatever you end up doing. Smile

TORn Calendar

sherlock
Gondor

Apr 6 2007, 4:14pm

Post #11 of 121 (328 views)
Shortcut
I need something strong! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been the toughest week of my life (so far). My daughter and granddaughter moved out of my house and about two hours away last weekend and I miss my little gdtr terribly. I've been like a second mother to her since she was born and have spent most of my free time with her for the past three years. I've talked to her on the phone every day and I know she misses me, too. At least they are coming to visit on Easter and I'm getting her for the whole weekend next week but I want to see her every day.

I guess I'll have Jack Daniel's and water to cry in. Thanks for the peeps, Altaira, they cheered me up a bit.

Happy Easter weekend everyone!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:15pm

Post #12 of 121 (326 views)
Shortcut
Peeps, LOL! You either love 'em or can't stand 'em... [In reply to] Can't Post

... And everyone I know in RL, myself included, are in the latter category... but I love the pics! Laugh

Now two Fiesta's ago I was supposed to have my last Winter Usual, since it was so nice and warm. But now, alas, it's freezing cold again... even snowed a couple days ago! (Didn't stay though, because the ground was warm, at least.) Arrrgh! Is it spring or still winter? Weather, make up your mind! But then again, that's pretty normal here-- quite often you never know *what* it's going to do! Tongue

So, my Winter Usual again, please, Altaira! Wink

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:16pm

Post #13 of 121 (294 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Congratulations! /nt [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

sherlock
Gondor

Apr 6 2007, 4:17pm

Post #14 of 121 (295 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy your [In reply to] Can't Post

visit with your mom! We'll miss you this weekend!

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 6 2007, 4:17pm

Post #15 of 121 (295 views)
Shortcut
cheers deej! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy weekend! Can't wait for that real 'Fiesta in the Fall'! Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:18pm

Post #16 of 121 (299 views)
Shortcut
LOL, I remember when I first saw that pic... [In reply to] Can't Post

Last Easter... or the one before... or whenever. :) It's so cute and funny! Thanks for posting it again, and you have a *wonderful* weekend, gramma!!

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Apr 6 2007, 4:19pm)

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 6 2007, 4:18pm

Post #17 of 121 (297 views)
Shortcut
thanks gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

L.Ron's coming to see it tonight so we'll see if he approves of my pub... Wink

Have a GREAT weekend with your Mum! Happy chocolate holiday!!Heart

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:19pm

Post #18 of 121 (302 views)
Shortcut
Not a fan of Peeps [In reply to] Can't Post

The only person i've ever known who liked them was my dad - he could sit down and eat a whole box within minutes!

Hope you have a good weekend - it's getting a little cold here as well, after 2 weeks of sweltering temps. Smile

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:21pm

Post #19 of 121 (316 views)
Shortcut
Sherlock... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. It's great that you all can spend Easter together; i'm sure it will be wonderful. Smile

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:22pm

Post #20 of 121 (294 views)
Shortcut
Heh. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you have a great weekend too, deej! Cheers to you! :)

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Apr 6 2007, 4:23pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 6 2007, 4:24pm

Post #21 of 121 (311 views)
Shortcut
Awwww, poor {{sherlock}} [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter and granddaughter moved out of my house and about two hours away

Darn it all. It sounds like a good step for your daughter and the liitle one, but that doesn't make missing each other any easier! Frown Definitely use that phone as much as you need to (same goes for her), and visit lots!

*mixes a weak JD and water, but leaves the bottle* Wink

*HUGS!*

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 6 2007, 4:27pm

Post #22 of 121 (300 views)
Shortcut
Lol! Crazy weather indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it spring or still winter? Weather, make up your mind!

I think I'll join you in that winter usual, Evey.

*pours 2 hot chocolates & adds extra miruvor*

It's cold just about everywhere in the U.S. today, methinks. Luckily, Spring is supposed to return (here at least) just in time for Easter egg hunts on Sunday.

Stay warm and have a great weekend!

*hugs*

TORn Calendar

Scout
Rivendell

Apr 6 2007, 4:30pm

Post #23 of 121 (292 views)
Shortcut
Aw, sorry, sherlock [In reply to] Can't Post

Hang in there.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:33pm

Post #24 of 121 (288 views)
Shortcut
:) Thanks -- you too! /nt [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

sherlock
Gondor

Apr 6 2007, 4:33pm

Post #25 of 121 (296 views)
Shortcut
We had unseasonably warm weather [In reply to] Can't Post

at the beginning of the week but now it's unseasonably cold! Our woodstove fire went out last night and even though it's been burning all morning the house is still freezing. We really try not to use our back up electric because it's so expensive.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.