Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Holy Moly

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 6 2007, 1:18pm

Post #1 of 3 (486 views)
Shortcut
Holy Moly Can't Post

I just saw on the history channel that Viggo is going to play Sherman in 'The March'. I just missed seeing the time it was going to be on. I'll watch for it.
This could be good.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

A little bit of Rivendell to warm the home

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 11:47pm

Post #2 of 3 (270 views)
Shortcut
More info please? [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't find any information about this on TIVo or IMDb - is this a new series or something older? Thanks!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 12 2007, 12:33am

Post #3 of 3 (288 views)
Shortcut
There's a show called 'Sherman's March' on the History Channel website, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

it doesn't appear to have Viggo in it:

Sherman's March

more on Sherman's March

History Channel's home page with trailer of Sherman's March on it

imdb page on Sherman's March

perhaps there's another show called 'The March' but I couldn't find it on a search of the History Channel's site

Enjoy the LOTR movie soundtracks?
Why not join us for fun and discussion in
the current Movie Music Trivia Game.

SPECIAL *APRIL* EDITION OF THE GAME

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.