Good idea
Bad idea
Very bad idea
I never saw 300 Part 1.
Anything with David Wenham.
So why not LOTR Part 2?
Hahahahahahaha!!
*sob*
My faith in humanity (one way or the other) is confirmed.
View Results (38 votes)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 11 2008, 7:35pm

Post #1 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut
300 Part Deux? Can't Post

Warner Brothers is greenlighting a sequel to the film "300".

Frank Miller is writing the story.

It looks like David Wenham will star.

What do you think?

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2008, 7:41pm

Post #2 of 10 (843 views)
Shortcut
I never saw the first... [In reply to] Can't Post

Had been planning on going to see it, but EVERYONE I saw said it was awful. I don't usually put that much thought into other people's movie opinions, but not a single person recommended it to me, so I decided against it.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2008, 7:42pm

Post #3 of 10 (854 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I never saw part one and I won't see part two, my opinion is useless.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Dec 11 2008, 7:49pm

Post #4 of 10 (849 views)
Shortcut
But what story will they tell? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to save my vote until there's more info. I thought 300 was a great movie (and I studied Greek history in college, historical accuracy be darned!) but I want to know what story they'll focus on before I can judge whether it's a good idea.

I'm definitely curious, though. And I'll probably watch the second one, eventually.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 11 2008, 8:09pm

Post #5 of 10 (875 views)
Shortcut
Why? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why try to catch lightning in a bottle twice? Why not reflect on the greatness that is 300 and just move on to something new, rather than muddying the waters with a sequel?

One of 300's strengths is its originality. Well that'll go up in a puff of smoke with '301'.

RosieLass
Valinor

Dec 12 2008, 5:44am

Post #6 of 10 (821 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen the first one. [In reply to] Can't Post

But in general, I think sequels stink.

Stapper
Lorien

Dec 17 2008, 9:59am

Post #7 of 10 (840 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

with never having seen it whilst having (had) plans otherwise. Haven't heard anyone talking about the film though. Maybe that says enough....

bearwen
Lorien

Dec 22 2008, 5:45pm

Post #8 of 10 (815 views)
Shortcut
All depends! [In reply to] Can't Post

As others have said, it depends on the story and all that, but I loved 300, everything about it, the story, the way it was filmed and the characters, so they have big boots to fill!

bearagorn
Lorien

Dec 22 2008, 8:12pm

Post #9 of 10 (788 views)
Shortcut
Loved 300. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was comic book stuff and i loved everything about it. I would like to know what the story for the sequel is going to be but i`m sure i will watch it anyway and decide then if it was a good idea or not.

almas_sparks
Rohan

Dec 30 2008, 2:30pm

Post #10 of 10 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Loved 300 hate the sequel idea [In reply to] Can't Post

300 is a self-contained movie. It isn`t meant to be sequelized. Also, huge appeal of the original lies on Gerard Buttler`s charismatic shoulders. No Buttler, no movie. I can imagine they try to find another hot charismatic actor and,no, David Wenham (the worst thing about 300 - what an awful speech, yeesh!) does not fit the description.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.