Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What has been the coolest SciFi creation?

Poll: What has been the coolest SciFi creation?
Faster-than-light space travel
Time travel
Teleportation devices
Stabilised wormholes
Lightsabers
Laser guns
Nanites
Stargates
Cyborgs
Interactive holograms
Artificial intelligence
Mechanically amplified mind powers
Other?
View Results (130 votes)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 10 2008, 7:19am

Views: 615
Shortcut
What has been the coolest SciFi creation? Can't Post

SciFi writers are among our great thinkers when it comes to what could be - so which of these devices do you think is the coolest idea among them? (You can choose more than one.)

And even though they're cool, would you really like them to be made for real?

(Note: I'm not including ideas that have become reality, such as man-made satellites, space stations, medical DNA or cloning - or even fax machines.)

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Dec 11 2008, 4:58am)

Subject User Time
What has been the coolest SciFi creation? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 10 2008, 7:19am
    Fascinating! Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Dec 10 2008, 2:34pm
    I voted for Time Travel, AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Dec 10 2008, 2:52pm
        Forget gangstas ... Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Dec 10 2008, 4:56pm
        'Lightsabers + 1' - done. :) / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 10 2008, 6:06pm
        Heh! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Dec 12 2008, 5:47am
    Time travel and teleportation Jazmine Send a private message to Jazmine Dec 10 2008, 8:53pm
    I will take a TARDIS please. Laitholiel_the_SeaElf Send a private message to Laitholiel_the_SeaElf Dec 11 2008, 12:14am
    My two favorites Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 Dec 11 2008, 2:51am
    hard choice but Zmulady Send a private message to Zmulady Dec 11 2008, 5:01pm
    I'd love to have an intelligent house Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Dec 11 2008, 6:20pm
        NOOooooo! I'm a Cyborg!!!! Waaaa! AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Dec 12 2008, 2:07pm
            You're the Bionic Woman! Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Dec 12 2008, 5:15pm
    I don't know about 'coolest' Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 11 2008, 7:36pm
    Travel obsessed Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 12 2008, 7:18pm
        Yes, it's fascinating Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 12 2008, 7:40pm
            Maybe both... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 12 2008, 9:20pm
            I'm just looking for a way to get to work on time. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Dec 12 2008, 10:10pm
                Hah! Fair enough! / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 12 2008, 11:59pm
    I stand by my SW obsession Milady Send a private message to Milady Jan 13 2009, 1:32pm
    Lightsabers for sure ... One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Jan 14 2009, 12:23am
    Miniskirts and catsuits Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 14 2009, 7:34pm
    hmm... Arwen_Undomiel Send a private message to Arwen_Undomiel Jan 16 2009, 12:42am
    SCI-FI creations willowgreylock Send a private message to willowgreylock Jan 24 2009, 7:39pm
    Lightsabers Cegwyn Send a private message to Cegwyn Feb 1 2009, 4:41am
    Time Travel and Cyborgs! Authiel Send a private message to Authiel Mar 3 2010, 2:57pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.