Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Star wars is better than Lord of the ring???!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 28 2008, 2:02am

Post #26 of 35 (144 views)
Shortcut
Goeth! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome back! It's been far too long since you graced us with your presence. I hope all is well with you. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 28 2008, 3:40am

Post #27 of 35 (137 views)
Shortcut
And westerns. C3P0 is Gabby Haze. / [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 28 2008, 4:16am

Post #28 of 35 (127 views)
Shortcut
Goeth?! Hi there - stick around for a bit! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Anorien
Rohan

Nov 28 2008, 5:41am

Post #29 of 35 (122 views)
Shortcut
Lol, thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that has those kind of days!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 28 2008, 1:00pm

Post #30 of 35 (135 views)
Shortcut
Omg! What a treat :D [In reply to] Can't Post

A drink to celebrate!! Cripes it's great to see you!! :D

CHEERS!

sample

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Nuradar
Rohan

Nov 28 2008, 3:13pm

Post #31 of 35 (140 views)
Shortcut
I hate to point out the obvious, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR existed WAY before Star Wars, so it's more accurate to point out the possibility that George Lucas stole from Tolkien. And the movies were close enough to the books so that your argument doesn't stand a chance...that's if you're being serious.

(This post was edited by Nuradar on Nov 28 2008, 3:17pm)

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Nov 28 2008, 3:15pm

Post #32 of 35 (134 views)
Shortcut
As Has Already Been Pointed Out [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone was kidding

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

mwirkk
Rohan

Nov 28 2008, 11:17pm

Post #33 of 35 (121 views)
Shortcut
The antithesis that no one is talking about... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is that George Lucas has a Time Machine! Seems pretty obvious, when you think about it. ;)

The Black Knight Always Triumphs!!

-mwirkk :)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Nov 30 2008, 3:57pm

Post #34 of 35 (89 views)
Shortcut
Duuuuude! [In reply to] Can't Post

For a second or two I thought my headache was making me see things that aren't there.
Come back more often! And bring that green pea back with you. ;)

Bubba "Balin" McGnome

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 1 2008, 7:58pm

Post #35 of 35 (86 views)
Shortcut
But... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Tolkien was the one who is known to have explored the notion of psychic time travel. So the evidence directly points to him as the plagiarist!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 1 2008, 7:58pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.