Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 5:14pm

Post #276 of 308 (4108 views)
Shortcut
*Pats gramma's knee and offers a nice sliced pear to share* // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 5:15pm

Post #277 of 308 (4206 views)
Shortcut
Cheers and thanks for keeping the party going! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Nov 15 2008, 6:03pm

Post #278 of 308 (4159 views)
Shortcut
Not Sedona [In reply to] Can't Post

Close to Tucson, actuallly. But there's a few vortexes outside of the Sedona area. I've been told that one exists directly over this ranch!

What a cool doctor you have!

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 7:08pm

Post #279 of 308 (4064 views)
Shortcut
The joys of living 'up north'! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe the cold rain will keep a few indoors, eh? Or, you could just use the opportunity to curl up with a really good book or a favorite movie. I think you have some of those!

Be safe!

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 15 2008, 7:18pm

Post #280 of 308 (4219 views)
Shortcut
Hey FF [In reply to] Can't Post

Were you around when Transformers was being filmed? Have you ever been in the train station?

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2008, 7:19pm

Post #281 of 308 (4195 views)
Shortcut
Thanks gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyway, since we're sharing... this is a long weekend for me! I don't return to school until Tuesday, as we November 20th is the anniversary of the 1910 Mexican Revolution. Because of some weird recent legislation, the free day is changed to Monday.

Anyway, chez moi, tradition says we put up Christmas decoration on November 20 (no Thanksgiving in Mexico) so I believe we are putting everything up tomorrow. That means Christmas Tree, a whole bunch of plush toys in the living room, Christmas carrols CD's, which include performers such as Mickey Mouse and Friends, The Looney Toons (Tunes?), The Muppets with John Denver, Air Supply, and Plácido Domingo. It's also the first day we drink hot fruit punch. Overall, a great day...

You know what they say... It's the most wonderful time of the year. Wink

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 7:34pm

Post #282 of 308 (4396 views)
Shortcut
I've not seen the inside [In reply to] Can't Post

But I've seen the outside. It's about that decrepit.

I have been following the filming of the new Clint Eastwood movie Gran Torino, also done here in Detroit. The organist from my church plays for the funeral scene.

Sean Astin also was here filming a couple of weeks ago, in something about labor unrest among a secretarial pool. I've forgotten the name of that one.

Michigan has lots of tax incentives for film companies lately, and has attracted a lot of business.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 15 2008, 8:12pm

Post #283 of 308 (4245 views)
Shortcut
Getting hectic - [In reply to] Can't Post

working longer hours from the beginning of this month! Hope you and the gang are well.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 15 2008, 8:14pm

Post #284 of 308 (4305 views)
Shortcut
Thanks gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear about the flying bullets - that must be very unnerving! The whole shooting thing scares the wits out of me. Stay safe!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 15 2008, 8:16pm

Post #285 of 308 (4049 views)
Shortcut
Hi - well, there's plenty of weekend left yet! Party on, people! [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2008, 10:40pm

Post #286 of 308 (4139 views)
Shortcut
Muppets with John Denver? [In reply to] Can't Post

I love that collection! Even Miss Piggy's "Five golden riiiiiiings"!

One can find the original show in pieces on YouTube, but I'd love to see it in it's entirety on television again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 15 2008, 10:54pm

Post #287 of 308 (4147 views)
Shortcut
Let me see... [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice person, big heart, nice garden, nice pictures etc etc.
Yup i know ye [HUG].
There is a big blow here with a cold front moving in. It has been balmy for a couple of days, although cloudy.

I hope you are very well , with warm toes too my dear:)

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu (From the website: 'The realm of Manwe')

Anorien
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 11:17pm

Post #288 of 308 (4074 views)
Shortcut
It's plenty big [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! Cheers to you to!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 11:44pm

Post #289 of 308 (4077 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday to Master Sil from me too :=) // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 15 2008, 11:47pm

Post #290 of 308 (4085 views)
Shortcut
Bless you... [In reply to] Can't Post

Toes are in fine fettle I'm glad to say! It's mild here just now - we've been in a wet windy spell of weather, but before that had wonderful autumn colours and blue skies. Still colourful, but rather soggy!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 11:47pm

Post #291 of 308 (4103 views)
Shortcut
A few photos from the local rally. [In reply to] Can't Post

We had about 150 people. It was amazing to know that all over the world people were rallying at exactly the same time.

I uploaded some photos, but am having trouble getting some of them rotated correctly. :-/ Anyway, that's me in the rainbow hat, and my daughter with her "Let them eat cake" sign, and her best friend with her. Here's a slideshow:

link

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2008, 1:15am

Post #292 of 308 (4156 views)
Shortcut
I didn't know there was a TV show [In reply to] Can't Post

For this particular CD... I'll have to look for it in You Tube. Thanks for the heads up!

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 16 2008, 1:41am

Post #293 of 308 (4067 views)
Shortcut
On the side of love [In reply to] Can't Post

When it comes right down to it. When one is confronted with the essence of what defines the finest of humanity, that separates it from all other life and used as a bulwark against evil, what else is there besides Love? How can true matters of the heart be annulled by regulation?

Love you auntie. You just keep on a comin'. Those who know they are right, do.

Thanks for the pictures. Fine hat you are sporting:).

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu (From the website: 'The realm of Manwe')

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2008, 8:48am

Post #294 of 308 (4082 views)
Shortcut
Better late than never! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice of you to pop in, GH -- I don't think I've seen you in a month of Sundays. Has it really been six years since we had our adventures in Edinburgh? Time sure flies. Hope all is well, and happy what's-left-of-the-weekend!

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2008, 9:02am

Post #295 of 308 (4122 views)
Shortcut
Foe-HOG! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiest of happy anniversaries to you and the Mrs.! Nice to see you drop in and know you're still out there somewhere. Somehow just seeing your nick makes me think of anagrams and bad puns. :-) Hope you're having a nice weekend!

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2008, 9:56am

Post #296 of 308 (3976 views)
Shortcut
I'll see both of your cute babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

and raise you double! After I give them both a big "Awww, what a cutie", that is. :-) I also bet my two can raise more hell than both of yours added together. I do wish Eldarion would take a bit more after his dad.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2008, 10:01am

Post #297 of 308 (4171 views)
Shortcut
Well howdy, stranger! [In reply to] Can't Post

So nice to see you here, CC! I trust the little Cheshire Kittens (who aren't really so little anymore, are they?) are doing well? And you and the Mr. too? Happy what's-left-of-the-weekend!

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2008, 10:12am

Post #298 of 308 (4087 views)
Shortcut
If I had a pie [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to admit I'd probably eat it, not throw it... I'm too hobbity at heart. Which makes me think: what would a hobbit do -- throw a pie, or eat it?

Great to see you delurk, lumpkin. Your little one is darling (he's grown so much!), and I think (in this picture at least) he looks like Mr. lumpkin. I trust Mr. lumpkin doesn't sing The Poopy Song (to the tune of "This Land is Your Land": "This poopy's your poopy, it's not my poopy, from California, to the poopy islands", etc.) when changing diapers? I would have to have a husband who enjoys parodies. I hope all's well with all three of you! When are you going to introduce that little one to the joys of visiting New Zealand? :-)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 16 2008, 10:30pm

Post #299 of 308 (4079 views)
Shortcut
Six years - argh! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was the first time I'd ever met any online contacts, and I was all nervous and squeeful - and it was the least sleep I'd had in any weekend since my daughter was born, I think! Seems a long time ago now.
Hope you're all doing okay!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 16 2008, 10:46pm

Post #300 of 308 (3887 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh.... that sounds perfect :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.