Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Anorien
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 1:37am

Post #226 of 308 (1996 views)
Shortcut
Hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

Haven't been around Fiesta Friday much, but from the general looks of things, seems like lots of fun. Since I joined in May, never been to the Homecoming Fiesta Friday either. So ta da!

Yay, TGIF. *closes eyes and falls over*

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:37am

Post #227 of 308 (2086 views)
Shortcut
We won't snitch you out. Glad you could sneak in for a quick drink. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:40am

Post #228 of 308 (2099 views)
Shortcut
I was going to throw a pie but that pic is just too cute!! Awww. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:42am

Post #229 of 308 (2052 views)
Shortcut
*Clinks glass* Guess we have to continue the party way down here at the bottom. // [In reply to] Can't Post

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 1:43am

Post #230 of 308 (2027 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Was back to work hours ago, finished work, had a doctor's appointment, drove kids home from school, made and ate dinner, and ran a girl scout meeting today after Fiesta Friday. Now I'm about ready to collapse!

How 'ya been doing?

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:43am

Post #231 of 308 (2111 views)
Shortcut
Yum! Just what we need - sugar! Fiesta is hard work. // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2008, 1:44am

Post #232 of 308 (2131 views)
Shortcut
A school play! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are always fun - and you can see how much enjoyment it gives the students who are involved!

I miss doing things like that with my youngest, now that she's away at college...

Enjoy the rally! The nice gay couple who live in our downtown area and who have done so much for our community for many years were finally able to get married this week, and they've been showered with well-wishes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:45am

Post #233 of 308 (2054 views)
Shortcut
*Pours cold water and hands over a drink* Welcome- better late than never! // [In reply to] Can't Post

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 1:49am

Post #234 of 308 (1927 views)
Shortcut
Hope the birthday singing went well [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you let the byrding pick the birthday dinner? That's how we always do it at our house. When I was a kid, I'd ask for chinese food, since none of my sibs liked it, and we didn't have it very often.

The footer speaks of hope, which to me is the most personally powerful theme Tolkien wrote. I am too often a pessimist by nature, and to hold on to hope is sometimes difficult. Tolkien's story of hope unquenchable, and endurance without hope, has been my personal touchstone many times in my life.

Your footer, on the other hand, is a glorious celebration.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 15 2008, 1:51am

Post #235 of 308 (2109 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

Turning twelve is a milestone, and I'm glad you're enjoying the moment. Have a wonderful year.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:51am

Post #236 of 308 (2016 views)
Shortcut
I am honored to be here among such excellent and admirable folks. [In reply to] Can't Post

This community has helped me through some hard and lonely times. I appreciate you all very much. I have been sipping drinks all the way down the board so will grab a cup of tea and see who else shows up.

Cheers all.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2008, 1:53am

Post #237 of 308 (2051 views)
Shortcut
Gingerbread cookies! [In reply to] Can't Post

*munch, munch* I missed these earlier, they make a great late-night snack, glad there were some left over! Thanks, gramma, and enjoy the weekend!

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2008, 1:57am

Post #238 of 308 (2135 views)
Shortcut
I wish I could! [In reply to] Can't Post

How many cats/kittens do you have at present? Last I knew, there were enough to completely cover a bed!

Annael
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 3:44am

Post #239 of 308 (2118 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday to the Mickster! [In reply to] Can't Post

12 years old already? Wasn't he just 10? I can't keep up.

My niece's 25th birthday was Monday - we are celebrating big-time tomorrow, the more so since we won't get to be with her on her birthday until she turns 28 (chokes back a sob) - she's off to Morocco soon for her Peace Corps stint.

Dwight Schrute: ID badges are long overdue. Security in this office park is a joke. Last year, I came to work with my spud gun in a duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day with a rifle that shoots potatoes at sixty pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Annael
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 3:46am

Post #240 of 308 (2054 views)
Shortcut
oh no! [In reply to] Can't Post

that's awful. I hope you find a great job very soon!

Dwight Schrute: ID badges are long overdue. Security in this office park is a joke. Last year, I came to work with my spud gun in a duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day with a rifle that shoots potatoes at sixty pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Reera the Red
Rivendell

Nov 15 2008, 3:58am

Post #241 of 308 (1926 views)
Shortcut
Many, many, many. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have 22 adults at present, plus the kits.

"People accuse me of being cross, and crabbed, and unsociable, and they are quite right." --Red Reera, the Yookoohoo

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2008, 4:08am

Post #242 of 308 (2038 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, lumpkin! [In reply to] Can't Post

And also: Awwwwww! Thanks for the picture of the little guy. He's so cute we'll have to forgive him for keeping you so busy you've no time for us. :-) Say hello to Mr. Lumpkin too, won't you?

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

lumpkin
The Shire

Nov 15 2008, 4:42am

Post #243 of 308 (2054 views)
Shortcut
We'd at least better call it a draw [In reply to] Can't Post

He's got quite the smile--and a worthy competitor for the most "Awwwww's". not that either of us is unbiased.I think lil Scout he's got more hair already than my guy! Thanks for the post and the pic!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 15 2008, 12:39pm

Post #244 of 308 (2057 views)
Shortcut
Argh - I don't think it's still Friday anywhere now! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah well, still alive, and still forgetful - cheers and a big wave to all who beat me to the Fiesta, who might remember me!!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 2:24pm

Post #245 of 308 (2110 views)
Shortcut
The gift of our time [In reply to] Can't Post

is often the hardest thing to find, but the most precious... isn't it :) I know your daughter SO appreciates not only your going there, but she also appreciates how far a drive it was, the hour, and the "time". She's so lucky to have you.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Nov 15 2008, 2:26pm

Post #246 of 308 (1957 views)
Shortcut
Hiya! [In reply to] Can't Post

How's things GH?

Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 2:43pm

Post #247 of 308 (1980 views)
Shortcut
ohhh... thank you :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 2:44pm

Post #248 of 308 (2013 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Id! Have a GREAT weekend :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 2:47pm

Post #249 of 308 (2031 views)
Shortcut
Awww... good for you :D [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great family! I hope you have a fabulous weekend, RR :D

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 15 2008, 2:50pm

Post #250 of 308 (2024 views)
Shortcut
Geezo Peezo, yeah! Have a great weekend :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.