Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2008, 10:08pm

Post #201 of 308 (1984 views)
Shortcut
Happy Anniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

And nice to see you again - pop in more often!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 14 2008, 10:09pm

Post #202 of 308 (2301 views)
Shortcut
Psst...Gramma... you might be interested... [In reply to] Can't Post

there is a Public service being held at Punchbowl Cemetery this afternoon for Barack's grandmother for the people of Hawaii to pay Tribute.
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081113/NEWS01/811130371/1001/localnewsfront

DoN
Heart

** Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode ** (New Posters, please read)
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Reera the Red
Rivendell

Nov 15 2008, 12:16am

Post #203 of 308 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Come and get it. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a long drive from your part of the world (I'm in the Dallas area), but I've still got two girls and a boy who need homes. (I'm keeping two, one was adopted today, and two others are being picked up tomorrow.)

I hate letting them go, but I've got such a large household already that I just couldn't take on another eight.

"People accuse me of being cross, and crabbed, and unsociable, and they are quite right." --Red Reera, the Yookoohoo

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 12:54am

Post #204 of 308 (1970 views)
Shortcut
Retiring? Now, I'll drink to that! Cheers. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 12:59am

Post #205 of 308 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the drink! Yeah, I'm new too. Comparatively speaking. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable - fall asleep and miss your life.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:02am

Post #206 of 308 (2150 views)
Shortcut
I'm still me. Those 'name-changers' confuse me. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:05am

Post #207 of 308 (2145 views)
Shortcut
I will find out the end of the month if my job has been axed. Exciting economy indeed. // [In reply to] Can't Post

weaver
Half-elven

Nov 15 2008, 1:07am

Post #208 of 308 (1999 views)
Shortcut
ah, a fine homecoming party! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wandering in late, but so happy to see some long ago and far away names here again.

Hope to see you wayfarers more often!

My husband's baking tonight -- so I'll just leave this virtual nice plate of white chocolate brownies here for all of you to nibble on.

Cheers and best wishes to all...!

Weaver

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:10am

Post #209 of 308 (2063 views)
Shortcut
I'll take a glass - as long as it is red wine and not Chilean red pepper sauce. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:12am

Post #210 of 308 (2043 views)
Shortcut
Cheers! And thanks for the head's up re: tomorrow's plan. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:14am

Post #211 of 308 (2075 views)
Shortcut
*Gathering crumbs* Um, thanks for the treats. I'm sure they were delicious. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:17am

Post #212 of 308 (2160 views)
Shortcut
G & T. My fave. I'm off work, guess I'll join you. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:19am

Post #213 of 308 (2096 views)
Shortcut
I pour all the left-over drinks into one exciting concoction. You are welcome to some. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Donry
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2008, 1:20am

Post #214 of 308 (2103 views)
Shortcut
Ok, I'm back... [In reply to] Can't Post

Missed quite the day.....I'll have to pour myself a wee pint o Guinness......anyone around? Anything fun going on? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller....

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:20am

Post #215 of 308 (2148 views)
Shortcut
*waving back* Yay, FF! Now get back to work you slacker. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:22am

Post #216 of 308 (2052 views)
Shortcut
I say we put all lights on dimmers. Agree? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:25am

Post #217 of 308 (2155 views)
Shortcut
Yes! Throw money - and help clean up after Fiesta. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll get the floors if you get the bathrooms.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:27am

Post #218 of 308 (1986 views)
Shortcut
Cheers dernwyn! Thanks for leaving a couple drops for me. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:29am

Post #219 of 308 (2069 views)
Shortcut
OMG They look just like my cat - except, they are kittens, and mine is, well, a cat. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:30am

Post #220 of 308 (2134 views)
Shortcut
That is actually comforting in some strange way. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Donry
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2008, 1:31am

Post #221 of 308 (2071 views)
Shortcut
some would [In reply to] Can't Post

say that is similar to a Guinness.....

I'm not one though! I made a drink like that when I took my bartennders course......the young lady who had to drink it wasn't sure what to think....

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:32am

Post #222 of 308 (2086 views)
Shortcut
You aren't really late. Others just arrived previously. I'm not even here yet. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:33am

Post #223 of 308 (2119 views)
Shortcut
I guess you'll need a spoon with that? My sugar must have chocolate with it. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Penthe
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:35am

Post #224 of 308 (1962 views)
Shortcut
Hey Lu [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you. I was just wondering the other day how you're going. Well, I hope.

Life or books?

www.lifeorbooks.blogspot.com

Mar
Gondor

Nov 15 2008, 1:36am

Post #225 of 308 (2077 views)
Shortcut
I praise you with great praise. You deserve a big drink and hug and a puppy. // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.