The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell (and Beyond)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 9:12pm

Post #1 of 5 (79 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell (and Beyond) Can't Post

Howdy-ho fellow travelers. I'll be your guide today... poor things! And I'm LATE! I was so busy smelling the flowers in Valinor, I forgot to fulfill my promist to Finding Frodo. She's gonna hurt me! Nahhh... just kidding ;)

I hope all of your journeys are going well. Meet any strangers on the road? Moving trees? Gangrel creatures? Just mind your P's and Q's and you'll come out fine :)

I'm on my way home on my way to Bree with some very cool characters!

Here's a little diversion from some Elves who know all about great adventures!

O! Where are you going
With beards all a-wagging?
No knowing, no knowing
What brings Mister Baggins,
And Balin and Dwalin
down into the valley
in June
ha! ha!

O! Will you be staying,
Or will you be flying?
Your ponies are straying!
The daylight is dying!

To fly would be folly,
To stay would be jolly
And listen and hark
Till the end of the dark
to our tune
ha! ha!

Don’t forget to update your mileage on the Shields page. Be sure to keep a paper record of your miles, as there is always the potential for the Shields page to crash (again). And see you in Rivendell!!!!

Explanatory note: The Eowyn Challenge/ Walk to Rivendell (and beyond) is a LOTR-related fitness walk thingy that began in March 2003, and that has been going on with walkers around the world ever since. The idea is to keep track of your mileage as you walk, and soon you will find yourself traversing the 458 miles to Rivendell. The walk is open to all. Keeping a goal date in mind can be useful for some, others are happy taking the scenic route and getting to Rivendell eventually. The website for the Walk explains things far more coherently than I can; please check out the link below, especially the main page and the Walk page. Lots of useful links, including wonderful mileage charts compiled by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad, can be found on the Tools page.

Tools page with mileage charts

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 14 2008, 9:17pm)

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 9:17pm

Post #2 of 5 (584 views)
Shortcut
I've re-written your elf-song [In reply to] Can't Post

To be more appropriate for my current health status. Here's wishing me better health next week, and good travels to you all!

Notta

O! Where are you going
With flem all a-flying?
No knowing, no knowing
What brings Mister Cough,
And Sniffle and Dribble
down into your lungs
in November
hack! hack!

O! Will you be sniffling,
Your eyes look like crying!
Your coughs are like braying!
Your white blood cells are dying!

To run would be folly,
To stay would be jolly
And listen and hack
Till the end of the dark
to our tune
hack! hack!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 9:21pm

Post #3 of 5 (46 views)
Shortcut
Ohhhhh... you're a genius [In reply to] Can't Post

and I'm amazed that illness would inspire you to such greatness! I'm so sorry you're not feeling good.

You just stay quiet and let those germs do the walking.

Feel Better Soon!!!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 9:24pm

Post #4 of 5 (38 views)
Shortcut
Ahh, that will help loads, thanks! / [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2008, 9:31pm

Post #5 of 5 (71 views)
Shortcut
ROFL! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.