Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:42pm

Post #151 of 308 (4366 views)
Shortcut
What is [In reply to] Can't Post

1420 precious? Hey I've seen you around! Nice to see you again.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 6:42pm

Post #152 of 308 (4239 views)
Shortcut
Along the lines of what I was going to say... [In reply to] Can't Post

.. only you said it much better, Ainu!

Welcome to Fiesta, Compa Mighty! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 6:46pm

Post #153 of 308 (4159 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, Reera! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you. Hope all of your projects go very well, and hope you have a great weekend! :)

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 6:49pm

Post #154 of 308 (4131 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, NS! [In reply to] Can't Post

And that's actually really cool about the widget. :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Vidstige
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 6:50pm

Post #155 of 308 (4280 views)
Shortcut
1420 is... [In reply to] Can't Post

the best ale in all of the Shire!

Hi, nice to meet you.

Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 6:52pm

Post #156 of 308 (4278 views)
Shortcut
Wow! A big Welcome Back, and many Congratulations!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great to see you, Foe, and that's wonderful about your anniversary!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Nov 14 2008, 6:52pm)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:52pm

Post #157 of 308 (4388 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Dr. Dreamy [In reply to] Can't Post

I love love love eggses.

This sounds very positive. Hallelujah!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:54pm

Post #158 of 308 (4281 views)
Shortcut
Ah [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for clearing that up... I've heard of 420 and was thinking 1420 might be hemp beer. I've had hemp beer before but all it did was give me the munchies.

Nice to meet you too. Who's that in your avatar? (Man I'm nosy today!)

Vidstige
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 6:59pm

Post #159 of 308 (4283 views)
Shortcut
It's... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. F. G. Superman!

"This man is no ordinary man. This is Mr. F. G. Superman. To all appearances, he looks like any other law-abiding citizen. But Mr F. G. Superman has a secret identity...when trouble strikes at any time...at any place...he is ready to become... Bicycle Repair Man!"

Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 7:00pm

Post #160 of 308 (4340 views)
Shortcut
One good thing [In reply to] Can't Post

about my current locale is a Doctor schooled in China... he diagnoses you by feeling your pulse and then sells you the herbal preparations that will help with his diagnosis. He is the kind of doctor that believes as long as you are healthy, you pay. If you get sick the treatment is free (as long as you've been following his prescribed regimen). This way the incentive is on him to keep you healthy rather than profiting from your illness.

That's awesome that you live in the desert. Somewhere near Sedona I bet!

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 14 2008, 7:06pm

Post #161 of 308 (4230 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, this is a fun idea! // [In reply to] Can't Post

** Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode ** (New Posters, please read)
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 7:07pm

Post #162 of 308 (4296 views)
Shortcut
sneaks in for quick cup of coffee [In reply to] Can't Post

cream, no sugar.

Welcome to all newbies, oldbies, and lurkers of all kinds (well, nice kinds...I'm sure we only have nice kinds anyway!!)

Not supposed to be here, I'm at work, but I didn't want to miss the special Fiesta!

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you feel about smilies) I don't have access to my smilie collection at work. A heart will have to do!

Heart

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"If any one had begun to rehearse a History, say not I know it well; and if he relate it not right and fully, shake not thine head, twinkle not thine eyes, and snigger not thereat; much less maist thou say, 'It is not so; you deceive yourself.'"

From: Youth's Behaviour, or, Decency in Conversation amongst Men, composed in French by Grave Persons, for the use and benefit of their Youth. The tenth impression. London, 1672

Call Her Emily

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 7:09pm

Post #163 of 308 (4090 views)
Shortcut
To give you an idea about Brush [In reply to] Can't Post

my right-wing-gun-nut nephew moved there in 1999 when he thought Denver was going to go up in flames due to Y2K. He's since moved back closer to civilization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 7:10pm

Post #164 of 308 (4161 views)
Shortcut
*whispers* hi, a.s.! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you managed to sneak in. Smile

*quietly pours a cup of hot coffee and adds cream*

A heart will do just fine, I think. Here's hoping you have a great weekend, my friend. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 7:12pm

Post #165 of 308 (4380 views)
Shortcut
More than apt [In reply to] Can't Post

you are such a sweetheart a.s. Good for you sticking it to the Man for a moment. Good to see you and great weekend!

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 7:12pm

Post #166 of 308 (4145 views)
Shortcut
**Puts out Self Serve sign* Must run, but the party goes on! Happy weekend, everyone! // [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolHeartSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 14 2008, 7:15pm

Post #167 of 308 (4376 views)
Shortcut
Aloha Gamma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the treats.

It's a cold, rainy, windy, foggy day today in Hawaii. I'm taying home, snuggling up with my book that I tild you about. I was planning on going on that 'Post-card' trip but, I'll wait till a clearer day.

A Fiesta that never ends... what fun! Good to see ya!

DoN
Heart

** Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode ** (New Posters, please read)
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 7:26pm

Post #168 of 308 (4224 views)
Shortcut
Ahh - well done! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was cool AND refreshing!

Thanks -

Notta

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 7:27pm

Post #169 of 308 (4223 views)
Shortcut
Thanks - same to you! / [In reply to] Can't Post

leo
Rohan

Nov 14 2008, 7:28pm

Post #170 of 308 (4143 views)
Shortcut
Well I'll just get my own Heineken from behind the bar... [In reply to] Can't Post

... *mumbles something about certainly not tipping anyone tonight*

I am so excited! The journal should be on its way here, and I can't wait to get my mittens on it!

lumpkin
The Shire

Nov 14 2008, 7:36pm

Post #171 of 308 (4274 views)
Shortcut
Well, since you're throwing such a fine gathering [In reply to] Can't Post

in such a respectable establishment....
with such amiable company...
and refreshing potables...
and especially since I received such a nice invitation (thanks gramma)

I guess it would be rude if I didn't sidle up to the bar for a minute to say hello to friends old and new. Howdy Altaira--lovely to see you--I'll have a magratita please! (rats, in the time it took me to get this written, you've left. ;o) I'll just have to salt the rim myself then.

I've become a sporadic lurker, rarely if not never, poster --I wish I could be more involved but that's what new parenthood does to a person. In fact, little lumpkin (baby lumpkin no longer) is filling up the corners after second breakfast right now.

Now, if somebody would just start throwing pies, that would push the nostalgia to an extreme.

Cheers friends--and thanks for the excuse to drop by again!

Oh, and because gramma requested it....here's the wee lad...

(This post was edited by lumpkin on Nov 14 2008, 7:37pm)

Annael
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 7:52pm

Post #172 of 308 (4246 views)
Shortcut
aw fer cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

nice to see you about - and the little one too -

Dwight Schrute: ID badges are long overdue. Security in this office park is a joke. Last year, I came to work with my spud gun in a duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day with a rifle that shoots potatoes at sixty pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Aerin
Grey Havens

Nov 14 2008, 7:53pm

Post #173 of 308 (4249 views)
Shortcut
Congrats [In reply to] Can't Post

to you and the missus!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 8:02pm

Post #174 of 308 (4212 views)
Shortcut
You Are!?!? [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG! I'm SO ENVIOUS!!! I can't WAIT to retire! I'm at the least 6 years away... probably as many as 10. I love my job, but it's really putting a crimp in my fun.

Cheers Dear Lady! Have a great weekend!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 8:03pm

Post #175 of 308 (4183 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Eventides! have a wonderful weekend! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.