Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 6:21pm

Post #126 of 308 (2601 views)
Shortcut
Lovely dream! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I had a dream with hundreds of large white eggs (almost more than a handful) in nests under trees and on the ground. Though most appeared to be fresh and edible, one hatched when I picked it up.

Thoughts?

How wonderful! How do you feel about eggs? I have a friend who gets violently ill from them, but for me they have positive connotations. If this were my dream, I'd see all of these eggs, laid out within easy reach, as emblems of future hope. When one hatches right in my hand, I could see that as a sight that the good times are already starting to roll! If I had waking-life worries about the future, this would greatly reassure me. If I desired children, such a dream might assure me of the fertile possibilities and that now would be the right time. If I did not desire children, this dream might caution me to take precautions. The fact that I interpret most of the eggs as fresh and edible might also mean nourishment, security, seeing everything taken care of.

A most auspicious dream, in my opinion! Unless, of course, eggs mean something different for you.

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 6:21pm

Post #127 of 308 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Probably should pop in for Homecoming [In reply to] Can't Post

I log in rarely these days and don't post much, but rest assured I'm watching the boards every moment of every day! So no goofing off, you whippersnappers!

No really, I am watching you. All of you. Creepy, eh? A little like a certain little evil overlord, huh? I've written a little desktop widget that alerts me whenever a new thread is posted on Torn (or whenever Guillermo posts, or new posts occur in interesting threads, for that matter).

I've probably just passed my 5-year anniversary recently, so maybe I ought to polish that up as a mathom to y'all.

Anyway, make mine a Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss, please!

Great day to y'all!

Notta

And yes, I'm watching all your replies - *sneaks away*

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 6:22pm

Post #128 of 308 (2443 views)
Shortcut
I'm sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

to hear that and hope this separation is only temporary. And the best of luck with your search for a new job! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Vidstige
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 6:23pm

Post #129 of 308 (2350 views)
Shortcut
Fine, thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm spending way too much time in Middle-earth nowadays, and it certainly won't be less when the Mines of Moria expansion is released on Tuesday. Smile I'm in a kinship (LOTRO lingo for "guild") led by a character called Aelric, funnily enough.

Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:25pm

Post #130 of 308 (2445 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, Reera! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great treat to see you here! And what cute, CUTE kittens. Eight of them?! Lol, I bet it's never a dull moment. LaughSmile

It's nice to hear life is treating you well and that you still visit the RR from time to time. We miss you and hope you stop by more often!

*hugs and cheers* dear!! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 14 2008, 6:26pm)

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 6:26pm

Post #131 of 308 (2362 views)
Shortcut
A very happy birthday to master Sil! // [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Foe
Lorien

Nov 14 2008, 6:26pm

Post #132 of 308 (2416 views)
Shortcut
A round of Champagne! 10 year Anniversary AND Homecoming! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry I'm late! It's good to be back!

Yes, today is my 10(!) Year Wedding Anniversary and what fine folk to spend it with! Welcome Back Everyone!

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 6:27pm

Post #133 of 308 (2441 views)
Shortcut
*gazes longingly at treats* Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

... those look amazing! Now look what you've done, gramma-- you've gone and got me hungry. :) :) :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend yourself, g.-- *hugs* to you! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

stormcrow20
Gondor

Post #134 of 308 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Happy Fiesta! [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy and happy weekend to all, new and ol...er, not-so-new TORnfolks!

Here's to those who are a bit under the weather for whatever reason (Sil, Clan Laire, Mr. and Mrs. SirD). Hope things get better soon! Smile

I'll have a cup of sugar with a little tea, thank you.

Cheers, friends!

Dulcius ex asperis.
Sweeter after difficulties.

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Post #135 of 308 (2379 views)
Shortcut
I'm off out for the evening... [In reply to] Can't Post

school quiz night Smile

But I'll be back later to check in on you all.

Have a happy Fiesta folks.

And can I just say... DEL TORO HAS BEEN ON THE FORUM!!!??? HOW COOL IS THAT! Cool

*ahem*
Catchya later.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Post #136 of 308 (2397 views)
Shortcut
Foe! [In reply to] Can't Post

You need to pop in more often. Laugh Congratulations on your ten year anniversary!

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 14 2008, 6:30pm

Post #137 of 308 (2366 views)
Shortcut
Happy Aloha Friday [In reply to] Can't Post

I found out through the grape vine about this Shindig today. I have been out of the loop here since the Summer. First the Olympics got my attention, then the Democratic Convention.. After that, I have been volunteering for the Obama Campaign nearly 7 days a week.

It was Hawaii's job to call Nevada. After thousands of calls day after day by lots of volunteers — though in the early days I was often the only one there — the solidly red state of Nevada went blue on election night!

I was at the official DNC Party in Honolulu at the Pearl Ultra Lounge at Ala Moan Center. I was so stunned when I first heard the announcement... it was crowded and loud and I couldn't believe what I heard... I didn't trust it... it was too early in the night... the last two elections were too painfully lost... then it sunk in... I exploded with excitement, screaming, crying, hugging, crying, screaming. crying.

When Nevada went blue, there was almost as much excitement in the room, half of which was filled with those of us volunteers making those endless calls. I left exhausted around 8pm before they announced the Hawaii results.

I did manage to squeeze in time here and there with my Tolkien group. two birthday parties. Bilbo & Frodo's birthday... and of course Halloween. We dress up in costume and walk the length of Waikiki. This has become an annual city tradition. All the tourists take pictures. We did a Harry Potter theme this year. About a dozen or so of us… I was Luna Lovegood, lion hat and all. We're in photo albums around the world cuz we have been doing this a while. Sometimes we do Lord of the Rings theme... of mixed HP / LotR. We have a member who is really good with costumes. Our robes are all superbly done. We look good!

I have not spent time with my Grand daughter for weeks and I am over due.

Anyway… I am glad I heard about this party. I have never been to a Fiesta that didn't close.

I may come back with some picts!

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY TO EVERYONE!

DoN

** Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode ** (New Posters, please read)
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:31pm

Post #138 of 308 (2331 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, Notta! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're very missed around here, but glad to hear you're, erm, watching. Laugh

I think a 5-year mathom is definitely called for, whatever it may be.

Speaking of things that are called for (to celebrate your return):

Looks yummy! *grabs another bottle and a glass*

*clink!*

Cheers, Notta! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Foe
Lorien

Nov 14 2008, 6:31pm

Post #139 of 308 (2272 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the reminder! [In reply to] Can't Post

I owe you a return email!

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

stormcrow20
Gondor

Nov 14 2008, 6:32pm

Post #140 of 308 (2368 views)
Shortcut
Hello Reera [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, what a crew of kittens! Never a dull moment, for sure. People who take in strays earn many extra points, in my book. Wink

I want to tell you how much we enjoy your screencap library, and we certainly appreciate your work in keeping it up. Thanks a million!

Dulcius ex asperis.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:34pm

Post #141 of 308 (2401 views)
Shortcut
How very cool, Foe! Congrats!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to a wonderful celebration for you and Mrs. Foe!

*pops cork*

Here's to 10 wonderful years, and to welcoming you back to Fiesta! LaughSmileCool

TORn Calendar

Luthien Rising
Lorien

Nov 14 2008, 6:35pm

Post #142 of 308 (2330 views)
Shortcut
Happy anniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

And hi :)
:hugs:

Lúthien Rising
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. / We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:36pm

Post #143 of 308 (2263 views)
Shortcut
Heee! Hey there stormcrow [In reply to] Can't Post

Sugar with a little tea? *snicker* A bit of a sweet tooth today? If that's the case, you *must* check out the goodies gramma brought, as well as all the celabratory goodies the Elves and Hobbits made for the occasion. Wink

Here's to a wonderful weekend for you and yours!

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:38pm

Post #144 of 308 (2376 views)
Shortcut
Not exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

But the kinds of jobs I'm qualified for are in greater supply there. I'm still open to the Bard audition of courseWink

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:38pm

Post #145 of 308 (2389 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back to Fiesta, DoN! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ooooh, yes, we'd love to see some pics. Hope you have more TORn time soon!

Happy weekend, dear! Smile

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:39pm

Post #146 of 308 (2244 views)
Shortcut
Danke meine Dame / [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:40pm

Post #147 of 308 (2485 views)
Shortcut
Oh happy day! [In reply to] Can't Post

12 is such a wonderful age! May mini-sil be blessed!

stormcrow20
Gondor

Nov 14 2008, 6:41pm

Post #148 of 308 (2296 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

...all of my teeth are sweet, heheh. Gramma can always be counted on for goodies, yum! And I'd love to see what kind of sweets a hobbit can come up with.....

Thanks, and same to you, Altaira!

Dulcius ex asperis.

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Nov 14 2008, 6:41pm

Post #149 of 308 (2332 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for asking! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
is the FM? This cold weather can't be helping much. I suppose you've tried homeopathy and Chinese Herbal Medicine?

How kind of you to ask! My pain-levels have actually come down close to baseline, so I'm feeling almost coltish! Here in the desert we're supposed to hit the low 80's today, temperature-wise (farenheit.) As for remedies, the best herbals I've found for me are ginger and chia seed.

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:42pm

Post #150 of 308 (2301 views)
Shortcut
Ta ta, Cheshy [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear you'll be back! Yay!

If you'd like to check out Guillermo's posts and the many responses and discussions around them:

- click on the "Who's Online" ring at the top of the page
- click on the "Member Directory" link
- go to the link for users who's names start with "G"
- find "Guillermo" and click on his name to go to his profile
- click on "Show User's Posts" at the bottom of his profile
- Enjoy! Smile

TORn Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.