Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:54pm

Post #76 of 308 (3777 views)
Shortcut
Hey Lady! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cripes it's great to see you! Don't worry about those threads over in RR. Even though the posts drop off the board, you KNOW they love to go back and revisit. Just post on the old thread and link it in a current thread and they'll eat it right up ;)

*hugs* It's great to have you here!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 5:55pm

Post #77 of 308 (3614 views)
Shortcut
Pleased to meet you too SirD! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear about your problems with the job. Hope things settle down for you soon.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:55pm

Post #78 of 308 (3635 views)
Shortcut
Doing better now! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

You really MUST come out and play more. We've got some new toys and are promised even more pretty soon!

I'm so happy to see you :D

CHEERS!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 14 2008, 5:56pm)

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 14 2008, 5:56pm

Post #79 of 308 (3736 views)
Shortcut
Happy Froday everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't really been away, but it's hard for me to get to Fiesta, as I'm usually buried in work on Friday. I'm making an effort today to wave at everyone old and new.
***waves!***

Chilly day here in Detroit, and kind of grey. Can you send a hobbit over here with some kind of flaming concoction?

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

diedye
Grey Havens

Nov 14 2008, 5:57pm

Post #80 of 308 (3739 views)
Shortcut
*grumble grumble* The one day I can't hang around... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is the one day I should. *sigh*

*waves hello to old-timers*

Wow... look at all those wrinkles... aren't you glad the lighting in here is awful? Laugh Evil

Welcome to everyone and...

HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END! Smile

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

Altaira
Superuser

Post #81 of 308 (3754 views)
Shortcut
Ah, a scotch drinker [In reply to] Can't Post

You, myself, entmaiden...there are precious few of us around any more. Of course, that just leaves more for us, lol!

A wine and food convention? Sounds like heaven to me! LaughLaugh

Enjoy the weekend, Donry!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 14 2008, 5:58pm)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Post #82 of 308 (3704 views)
Shortcut
Definitely! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in Ottawa a couple times a year...and down in the Kingston area quite frequently! Have a good weekend eh!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:58pm

Post #83 of 308 (3890 views)
Shortcut
Wheeee!! Howdy!! [In reply to] Can't Post

So you got here before me! YOU GO GIRL! I'm so glad to see you here my face is hurting from smiling so much!

*warm hug* I hope all is well with you and yours. It's great to have you about the place ;)

MORE HUGS

sample

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:58pm

Post #84 of 308 (3823 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday Young Master Sil!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for November

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:59pm

Post #85 of 308 (3745 views)
Shortcut
Will do gramma:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hugs all around , here and your way. Thanks!

Yes, perhaps one day:).

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu (From the website: 'The realm of Manwe')

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:59pm

Post #86 of 308 (3688 views)
Shortcut
Newbie alert! Newbie alert! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahhh... finally the weekend, eh? I hope you have a super one, Hengist :D

CHEERS!

sample

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:00pm

Post #87 of 308 (3833 views)
Shortcut
Flaming balrog, coming up! [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets fire extinguisher ready* LaughCool Be careful what you wish for. Wink

Glad you made it to Fiesta, Fantasy Fan. So nice to see you here and be able to wish you a happy, enjoyable weekend. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 14 2008, 6:00pm

Post #88 of 308 (3832 views)
Shortcut
Good on you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Protesting for love is always a good thing.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 6:01pm

Post #89 of 308 (3978 views)
Shortcut
uh oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel a mini-moot coming on! There are a few of us here in the lower-mitten. I'm about 3 hours away from you.

I'll be back! :D

sample

Luthien Rising
Lorien

Post #90 of 308 (3762 views)
Shortcut
*hugs back*! [In reply to] Can't Post

That footer pic is gorgeous!

Lúthien Rising
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. / We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Post #91 of 308 (3901 views)
Shortcut
What a year, indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

And we have 4 more busy years ahead! Smile

I had never participated in a Fiesta thread. Are we supposed to do or say something in particular?

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Altaira
Superuser

Post #92 of 308 (3697 views)
Shortcut
Nice of you to pop in, diedye [In reply to] Can't Post

Fiesta wouldn't be the same without your grumbles. That, and your piccies of Sean Bean. WinkHeart

Hope you can join us again later and hope your weekend is a good one. Smile

TORn Calendar

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 14 2008, 6:02pm

Post #93 of 308 (3896 views)
Shortcut
CC! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you!

I'd clink my glass with yours, but my flaming concoction and your red wine would probably explode.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #94 of 308 (3834 views)
Shortcut
*raises mug* To TORnfolk, old and new! [In reply to] Can't Post

*looks into empty mug* Hm, could I please have some hot coffee to go, Altaira? And a drop or two of Bailey's will do just fine! Wink

Aren't these exciting times! I'll never forget GdT's first post, who else but a Hobbit fancier would start with a riddle! Smile

Happy Weekend, everyone, stay warm and dry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #95 of 308 (3705 views)
Shortcut
Waves North across the Detroit River [In reply to] Can't Post

Had no idea some were so close! Greetings from South Detroit. Have a good one and stay warm.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Nov 14 2008, 6:05pm)

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Post #96 of 308 (3811 views)
Shortcut
gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Warm hugs back atcha! Laugh

Thanks for letting me know this was going on. I've been a bit out of touch - not helped by the fact our old 'puter died a death a few weeks ago taking all my email contacts with it!!! Unsure

It was lovely to get your email and it's nice to come back for a visit. Good to see lots of familiar faces here too.

Love you to bits g and hope life is treating you as well as you deserve.

HeartHeartHeart

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 6:03pm

Post #97 of 308 (3665 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Compa - you're supposed to say: "I'm buying!" [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughWinkTongue
Luckily for you (and other newbies to Fiesta), virtual drinks don't cost very much. Laugh

So glad you made it to the party. Smile Here's to a fabulous four years, and then some!

TORn Calendar

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 6:04pm

Post #98 of 308 (3687 views)
Shortcut
I'm so sorry to hear that! [In reply to] Can't Post

The last few years have been rough on so many people. Crazy

Here's hoping things turn around, and put your drinks on my tab today.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for November

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #99 of 308 (3701 views)
Shortcut
so... that makes you a Newgulor? Or a Regbie? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or a Negulorbie?

I'll just say HOWDY and WOW... it's gotta be more than a year by now? Doesn't time fly when you're with insane people :D

Cheers Rosie... and thanks for the laugh :)

sample

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #100 of 308 (3921 views)
Shortcut
Ask for a virtual drink, [In reply to] Can't Post

kick back and tell us your stories.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.