Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 5:43pm

Post #51 of 308 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Elvish wine, it is! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone up for a taste test: Dorwinian vs. Old Winyards?

By the time we're done, we won't care which one won, lol. Laugh

Have a fantastic weekend, Dreamdeer! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:44pm

Post #52 of 308 (3130 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Auntie / [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #53 of 308 (2746 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo!! A Fabulous Fiesta Friday! *waves hankie at sibbies* [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I'd bring along a few treats to go with our drinks!

I can't wait to go through the posts and visit with wayward sibbies and hang out with the regulars... but I especially want to thank you, Altaira, for always taking such good care of us and being such a beacon for us. You're a joy... and we're so lucky to have you and all of our Admins/Founders here to keep this place lit up.

So may I have a cold Pink Lemonade so I can toast you and all of our sibs... old and new... and to celebrate TORn.

Praise you all! And have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #54 of 308 (3206 views)
Shortcut
I'm up in [In reply to] Can't Post

the barbaric, dark, wild and windy northland (or Edinburgh as they call it round here Wink).

Not doing as much fencing as I would like - the dreaded work thing is getting in the way Frown

The admin powered by testosterone!

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Post #55 of 308 (2715 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

Stay a while and play! :)

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:46pm

Post #56 of 308 (3019 views)
Shortcut
Hey you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eventides, i hope you are very well. i have not been to fiesta much lately. Now do not forget the hot apple cider too you knowLaugh.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu (From the website: 'The realm of Manwe')

Altaira
Superuser

Post #57 of 308 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Can I have some of your energy, Ainu? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe. Laugh I'll have to get over to Fan Art and take a look at your video. It sounds like a fun undertaking, as well as all your writing.

Keep enjoying and keep healthy! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #58 of 308 (3018 views)
Shortcut
Pleased to meet you [In reply to] Can't Post

and the moamrats are gayyyyyyyyy!

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Post #59 of 308 (2887 views)
Shortcut
Hoots mon! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're up in sunny (!?) Edinburgh now eh? Lovely city but bloomin' freezing. I lived in St Andrews for a year and only went on the beach once!! Laugh

Hope you're enjoying it and that work is good.

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:47pm

Post #60 of 308 (2693 views)
Shortcut
Sorry to hear that ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Boy, that stinks. I hope it's only a temporary situation.

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:47pm

Post #61 of 308 (2871 views)
Shortcut
Howdy CC:)\ [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:48pm

Post #62 of 308 (2851 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo for a while, but I simply do not have the time with all the other things I want to do. I do love watching my friends going through the process, though.

Good luck with the catch-up!

My LJ
My art site
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Post #63 of 308 (2805 views)
Shortcut
Hi everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanted to pop in for a bit before going to a meeting. A gin & tonic would be great, barkeep!

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #64 of 308 (2813 views)
Shortcut
Here's to a cold [In reply to] Can't Post

and not a hot. Youth is not wasted on this one tis sure!

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 5:49pm

Post #65 of 308 (2984 views)
Shortcut
Heya Sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you! Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:49pm

Post #66 of 308 (2735 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh... My daughter and son-in-law had to do that. [In reply to] Can't Post

Kind of reversed, though. She started a new job in Baltimore (leaving Michigan) and took their 2 kids with her as they got established whilst hubby had to stay behind and get the house sold and look for work in Baltimore online. It was about 6 months before he left and went out there to join them. It seems like a short time given what people are going through now... but it was forever to them.

BUT... I will tell you that they are 5 years later and happier than they've ever been. Both in their location and (especially) with each other. It was worth it in the long run... but getting there was nasty business.

You hang in there. It'll be okay :) Things happen for a reason...

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 5:50pm

Post #67 of 308 (2802 views)
Shortcut
Clear the way! gramma brought food! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG, my mouth is watering.

*hugs* to you for such sweet words, gramma, and for being one of the best beacons TORn has. Smile

*pours super-large glass of pink lemonade* We'll need extra to quench our thirst from all the cake and cookies, lol!

Happy weekend, dear!

TORn Calendar

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:50pm

Post #68 of 308 (3022 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

but I especially want to thank you, Altaira, for always taking such good care of us and being such a beacon for us. You're a joy... and we're so lucky to have you and all of our Admins/Founders here to keep this place lit up.

Agree completely, gramma! The mods here are fabulous! And yes, thank you Altaira for being so wonderful and so positive. You are wonderful.

My LJ
My art site

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:51pm

Post #69 of 308 (2712 views)
Shortcut
Oh no, not more temptations! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've gained 20+ alreadyUnimpressedLaugh.
Hello gramma:).

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #70 of 308 (2965 views)
Shortcut
Aw thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

very kind of you. You live in Michigan? I live near South Detroit!

Altaira
Superuser

Post #71 of 308 (2904 views)
Shortcut
Hi back, Idril! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you pop in for Fiesta. Smile

*pours a G&T with our finest gin*

Happy meeting and even happier weekend!

TORn Calendar

Donry
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:52pm

Post #72 of 308 (2746 views)
Shortcut
Holy Geez Eh.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, glad it's Friday.....I'll saddle up for a Guinness or two.....maybe even a glen livet or fidditch.....was at the Ottawa Wine and Food convention last weekend, which was great....so I may have to sample a few items from the TORN bar as well!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #73 of 308 (2936 views)
Shortcut
AlRight!! Happy Birthday to the man! [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW!!!

Give him this for me and tell him I hope that one day we can ALL sit down together with his DragonCon Buddy for some REAL Ice Cream!

I hope your shoulder is mending quickly. You never realize how much you use something until it's out of order.

Give the fam a hug for me... and you take care!

sample

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #74 of 308 (2888 views)
Shortcut
Nice, an old favourite. [In reply to] Can't Post

Enjoy the meeting and the weekend.!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:54pm

Post #75 of 308 (2631 views)
Shortcut
Hey [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm moving up that way... we might have to hook up! A moot as it were.

Have a good one, eh?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.