Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, double welcome and triple welcome to our third annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2008, 5:30pm

Post #26 of 308 (3247 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday [In reply to] Can't Post

to young Master Sil on his 12th birthday.

Hope you have a wonderful day.
Enjoy your iPod!!

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:31pm

Post #27 of 308 (3260 views)
Shortcut
Hello SDC [In reply to] Can't Post

I have heard of this circumstance for workers and their families. I wish you well. At least gas has come down 2 whole dollars.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu (From the website: 'The realm of Manwe')

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:32pm

Post #28 of 308 (3342 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) (Actually, ...) [In reply to] Can't Post

... my plans certainly do involve some enjoyment; I'm going to see (yet another! :D ) band's live show. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Nov 14 2008, 5:33pm)

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:33pm

Post #29 of 308 (3077 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Rosie:)\ [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:33pm

Post #30 of 308 (3037 views)
Shortcut
Woo hoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy homecoming to us!

I need a good strong coffee today; I went to a high school play last night in a town (Brush) that's two hours from home, and got back way after midnight. I didn't know anyone in the play, or the town, or anything. Here's how it happened; my daughter lives in a nearby town, and has been having a bit of a lonely time adjusting to her new home. We spoke on the phone, and she said she was thinking of going to the school play, which was "Little Women". I thought it was great that she was finding something to do out there in the boonies, and besides, I loooove Little Women, so I decided to go see it with her, and Uncle Baggins came too. It was pretty good for a play at a very small high school. The script was straight out the book, so I found myself anticipating the lines (better than the actors sometimes) since I know the book so well. What fun! The sets were great: they had asked the local farming folks to borrow antiques from their houses, and people came up with all kinds of cool furniture and stuff.

Tomorrow my daughter and I are planning to participate in the National Day of Protest over California's Proposition 8. These are happening all over the country, in every state, at the same time (11:30 Mountain time for us). If anyone else is interested in participating, here's a link:

Join the impact

This was a grass-roots effort by two bloggers, and hundreds of thousands of people are expected to participate. I debated whether to post here about it, and decided maybe I could get away with it on Fiesta Friday.

So I'll dig out my rainbow-colored stocking cap and join the parade. I just have to decide which town to go to, since there are more than one not too far from my home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:35pm

Post #31 of 308 (3213 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Sil and Alteira. I'll still be around. This family at least is portable. Wish I was moving to Wellington of course but I'm moving closer to Toronto.

Rum and cole? Haven't had one of those since the 80's. Maybe that's what's been missing Wink

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #32 of 308 (3281 views)
Shortcut
Hi there CC [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you again - hope life is treating you well

The admin powered by testosterone!

Altaira
Superuser

Post #33 of 308 (2976 views)
Shortcut
Cheshie!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*flying tackle hug*

I'll have you know only an experienced Fiesta barkeep can do a flying tackle hug with an open bottle of Chilean red and two wine glasses in her hands and not spill a drop or crack a glass (no less harm the hugee). Laugh

Two wine glasses? But of course, I'm joining you, my dear! Smile

I hope all is well in the world of invisible cats. You really MUST stick around... we miss you!!!Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:37pm

Post #34 of 308 (3238 views)
Shortcut
Keep at it [In reply to] Can't Post

I sense a sudden turn for the fantastic!

As for my nanowrimo, still not a word though rl has not been conducive ya know?

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 5:37pm

Post #35 of 308 (3179 views)
Shortcut
Ha! Hey there, RosieLass [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you could write about a bored cranky-person? *runs away*

I hope the muse gets in gear and you enjoy the weekend. It's supposed to be a beautiful one. Smile

*hugs and iced tea*

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Nov 14 2008, 5:38pm

Post #36 of 308 (3045 views)
Shortcut
15,500 words and counting [In reply to] Can't Post

Novel Writing Month is going well, I guess. I've finally hit a stride in my writing, but I need to write 10,000 words this weekend to get caught up, so I'll be looking for spare hours to write.

In the meantime, I'll have a beer, please. The weather is getting colder and my older sis is moving away to Chicago next weekend. She'll be the first member of my immediate family to live more than two hours away. It's going to be an adjustment.

Happy Friday, everyone! I've been waiting for this week to end. It sure took it's time. Cool

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for November

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Post #37 of 308 (3443 views)
Shortcut
Huzzah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe a celebration of this order calls for the finest Elvish wine:

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

silneldor
Half-elven

Post #38 of 308 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Hi auntie [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember that hat:).
Give 'em 'ell, i'll tell ya.
Say hi to uncle baggins from us also please.
Gad, i cannot remember the last time i went to a play

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Post #39 of 308 (3196 views)
Shortcut
Heng me old mate! [In reply to] Can't Post

How's tricks? Where you living these days? I seem to be losing track of everyone!

Still playing at sword fights?! Wink

Life is bumbling along quite nicely thanks. Kids are getting bigger, work is getting harder, alcohol getting more frequent... you know the kinda thing. Laugh

(This post was edited by Cheshire Cat on Nov 14 2008, 5:44pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:39pm

Post #40 of 308 (3118 views)
Shortcut
CC!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great to see you back!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 14 2008, 5:40pm

Post #41 of 308 (3176 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday, Aunt Dora [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like you and little Dora had a fun time at the play. I have to admit, I'd have to look Brush up on a map, but it was nice of you to go there to support your daughter.

have a great weekend! Smile

TORn Calendar

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:40pm

Post #42 of 308 (3207 views)
Shortcut
*bounces in* [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew I woke up early today for a reason! And I noticed the member count, too; think we can have some sort of celebration at 3000? Cool

Fandom wise this has been a very, very productive week for me. I finished my first LOTR music video which was an absolute blast to create (it's up on the Fan Art board if you are interested), and I definitely plan on making more. I've also been writing fan fiction like mad- it is a never ending flow of ideas nowadays! I love it.

As for RL, everyone in this household is sick. I might have something, but it's not fully developed... hopefully it will stay that way.

A fire broke out up north and has already burned 100 or so homes :/ It's not near enough to be a cause of worry for myself, but if the winds shift our way I should be able to see the smoke.

Cheers! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 5:41pm

Post #43 of 308 (3183 views)
Shortcut
*OOOF* [In reply to] Can't Post

You've been taking lessons of grammaboo for those tackles! Well done not spilling a drop though!!! Laugh

Lovely to see you petal and hope life is being kind. Sounds like there's lots going on around here. I should call in more often.

Thanks for the drinkeroo
Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #44 of 308 (3272 views)
Shortcut
Oh, hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a dream with hundreds of large white eggs (almost more than a handful) in nests under trees and on the ground. Though most appeared to be fresh and edible, one hatched when I picked it up.

Thoughts?

silneldor
Half-elven

Post #45 of 308 (3131 views)
Shortcut
You are a 'regular' sib to me [In reply to] Can't Post

and have a great weekend (with hot cider too).

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 14 2008, 5:42pm

Post #46 of 308 (2970 views)
Shortcut
Ooog. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry to hear that. When I was in my twenties, Uncle Baggins and I had to do something like that; though he was able to come home on the weekends. He was working about two hours away from home, and almost killed himself falling asleep at the wheel, and decided he couldn't commute, so he stayed at a dive motel during the week with other construction workers. It was pretty lonely for both of us, and also stressful because when he came home on weekends we had to get used to each other again. As much as you love somebody, that can still be a problem.

Anyway, wishing the best for you and your family.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Altaira
Superuser

Post #47 of 308 (3474 views)
Shortcut
Congrats, Arwen's daughter! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, it does sound like you're making great progress. *pours tall, icey beer* Here's to hoping your stride keeps striding, lol!

Have a happy and productive weekend! Smile

TORn Calendar

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Post #48 of 308 (3433 views)
Shortcut
Opposite [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it was only Tuesday today! And the word count is nil. You are doing great. Look forward to reading it some day.

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Nov 14 2008, 5:43pm

Post #49 of 308 (3502 views)
Shortcut
E!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you too. I have a busy evening planned with a school quiz night later then work in the morning followed by as little as humanly possible for the rest of the weekend! Yay.

Hope you have a good one too hun.
Smile

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2008, 5:43pm

Post #50 of 308 (3390 views)
Shortcut
*hugs* [In reply to] Can't Post

The best of luck on your job search.

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.