Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
A thank you to Moderators and Admins!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Noneoftheabove
Lorien

Nov 6 2008, 2:05am

Post #1 of 57 (720 views)
Shortcut
A thank you to Moderators and Admins! Can't Post

The Boards here on TORN are the finest, and I do not exaggerate by any means!
Thank you for running such a classy place!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 2:13am

Post #2 of 57 (336 views)
Shortcut
Hear! Hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

We appreciate all of the work you do!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for November

Laerasa
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2008, 2:16am

Post #3 of 57 (333 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, yep! You are all definitely appreciated from my side!! Smile

Thank you, admins! Laugh

Traveling Journal Official Site

"Who needs drugs when you spend all your money on books?"
-Menelwyn

"A friend helps you find your Silmaril. A true friend helps you slay kin, cross icy wastes, battle your rellies, lose your hand to a Dark Lord and cast yourself into a fissure in the earth."
-Ataahua

"...But life has thus far failed to adjust itself to my liking, so I soldier on."
-Magpie

"I just thought I would share this story, because today is a great day."
-Hobbiton

"True nerddom/geekdom/dorkdom does not kick in until you are in your 50s taking a nerd/geek/dork test on the discussion board of an internet fan site for a fantasy novel/film."
-Squire

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 2:20am

Post #4 of 57 (331 views)
Shortcut
There are none finer [In reply to] Can't Post

and no better site on the net. I am very happy to be here. Please know that I would never intentionally try to raise the ire of any board member (especially the mods and admins). If it seems that I am, simply ask for clarification and you will gain satisfaction.

Thank you to the powers that be and all the wonderful members of this community.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 6 2008, 4:28am

Post #5 of 57 (342 views)
Shortcut
*big HUGE grin* [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure what prompted this, (not that anything *had* to prompt it, of course Smile).

Suffice it to say 'back atcha' to all of the wonderful, intelligent, diverse and funny people here who make TORn such a wonderful place to be. It reminds me of the chicken vs. the egg question: is this such a great place to be because it's well moderated or is it so easy to moderate because it's such a great place? SmileLaugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

squire
Valinor

Nov 6 2008, 4:56am

Post #6 of 57 (413 views)
Shortcut
Hey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Listen, when I see five new messages going up in Feedback in less than an hour, with the last one by Altaira, I expect to find blood on the floor and a catfight from hell in progress about some controversial post!

Oh!

Oh, sorry... some kind of congratulatory thing going on...right, thanks, Admins. Love ya.

Y'know, Feedback ain't what it used to be. Can't we get Pukel-man and Nimrodel back, just for a day or two?

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 6 2008, 5:13am

Post #7 of 57 (354 views)
Shortcut
*thwap!* [In reply to] Can't Post

(that's from Nimrodel). Love ya too, squire. Wink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Aerin
Grey Havens

Nov 6 2008, 5:42am

Post #8 of 57 (333 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously, I thought the Admins did a great job with the election-results thread. And, Squire, I greatly appreciated your contributions to that discussion.

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Nov 6 2008, 6:04am

Post #9 of 57 (325 views)
Shortcut
*nods vigorously* [In reply to] Can't Post

You're so right! Though my experience is limited to relatively few boards, it is pretty obvious that the Mods and Admins here do a wonderful job. But the regulars are great and usually peaceful as well, and that's important, too. I think it is both.

*raises glass* To TORn! Admins, Mods and regulars - all these who make this such a wonderful place to be!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 6:25am

Post #10 of 57 (302 views)
Shortcut
*agrees* [In reply to] Can't Post

Afterall, it's nice to have your hard work acknowledged and appreciated.

*hugs to all our Mods and Admins*

CHEERS! Cool

Valinor, O Valinor
Andav yny hyarya
Tumna y nyna minya fa
An Valinor, liss Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Noneoftheabove
Lorien

Nov 6 2008, 7:09am

Post #11 of 57 (336 views)
Shortcut
No room for praise? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Squire, are you suggesting the Feedback forum should be for complaints and technical issues only? Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 7:48am

Post #12 of 57 (289 views)
Shortcut
What they said [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a great place to hang out. One of the things I love about it (and there are many) is that it is consistent - I know people here will be civil, and if not, there's always one of those fab mods and/or admins to get it sorted.
There is a lot of rubbish to be found on the internet, but it is extremely rare to find it here - thanks to all.
And this post brings me within 10 posts of Gondor. So close...

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 7:54am

Post #13 of 57 (279 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

at least you're one more post closer.Laugh

*hugs*
Kel x

Valinor, O Valinor
Andav yny hyarya
Tumna y nyna minya fa
An Valinor, liss Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 6 2008, 11:30am

Post #14 of 57 (352 views)
Shortcut
Ah, young Padawan... [In reply to] Can't Post

Take heed of Jedi squire, parody-maker extraordinaire, with a lightning-fast saber-tongue planted firmly in his cheek!

His ability to straight-face an outrageous response is so well-known among us "oldsters" that I coined the verb "squired" a couple years ago.

You, my dear innocent one, have been "squired". Wink

And trust me: the Admins know exactly how he feels! Smile

And me, as well. Thanks, guys, you set an excellent example for all our newer TORnfolk! Heart

(Even Draupne.)

Oops, gotta run...

Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Laerasa
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2008, 12:42pm

Post #15 of 57 (286 views)
Shortcut
*giggle* [In reply to] Can't Post

I know people here will be civil, and if not, there's always one of those fab mods and/or admins to get it sorted.

Or Aunt Dora, or Ainu Laire, or Squire...or even...sometimes...silneldor...
*ruminates over certain....swimwear...*
Evil Wink

Traveling Journal Official Site

"Who needs drugs when you spend all your money on books?"
-Menelwyn

"A friend helps you find your Silmaril. A true friend helps you slay kin, cross icy wastes, battle your rellies, lose your hand to a Dark Lord and cast yourself into a fissure in the earth."
-Ataahua

"...But life has thus far failed to adjust itself to my liking, so I soldier on."
-Magpie

"I just thought I would share this story, because today is a great day."
-Hobbiton

"True nerddom/geekdom/dorkdom does not kick in until you are in your 50s taking a nerd/geek/dork test on the discussion board of an internet fan site for a fantasy novel/film."
-Squire

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 3:57pm

Post #16 of 57 (260 views)
Shortcut
*ears burning* also *grinning* [In reply to] Can't Post

Swimwear :-D That was a day never to be forgotten. It takes a real man to do a thing like that. Dear sil... :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 3:58pm

Post #17 of 57 (261 views)
Shortcut
*Joins in the toast* Hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

Three cheers for our beaters of the bounds!

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 4:01pm

Post #18 of 57 (346 views)
Shortcut
Now there's a pair of names I've not heard in a very long time. [In reply to] Can't Post

I miss them both.

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 6 2008, 5:04pm

Post #19 of 57 (302 views)
Shortcut
No, I don't, and no, I won't! [In reply to] Can't Post

So there!
He he ;-)

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 6 2008, 6:36pm

Post #20 of 57 (264 views)
Shortcut
I want in on this love-fest!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Like squire, with the sudden traffic on Feedback I rather expected a messy carpet. But instead I find love! And hugs! And good wishes!

And I just want to add my sincere thanks to the admins who guide us, and lovingly correct us, and have even been known to virtually kiss the hand they have slapped.

Well, maybe expect Draupne. But Draupne has always been VERY NICE to me.

Angelic

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"If any one had begun to rehearse a History, say not I know it well; and if he relate it not right and fully, shake not thine head, twinkle not thine eyes, and snigger not thereat; much less maist thou say, 'It is not so; you deceive yourself.'"

From: Youth's Behaviour, or, Decency in Conversation amongst Men, composed in French by Grave Persons, for the use and benefit of their Youth. The tenth impression. London, 1672

Call Her Emily

weaver
Half-elven

Nov 6 2008, 6:47pm

Post #21 of 57 (264 views)
Shortcut
amen! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't hang out on any other website communities, but reading comments posted to various political blogs this US election season really opened my eyes, and made me appreciate the kind of civility and respect that we have here even more.

The admins and mods do a fabulous job of setting the tone and the boundaries here. Thanks for your leadership, which makes everything else possible.

Three cheers for all of you!

Weaver

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2008, 9:08pm

Post #22 of 57 (241 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

They certainly make these boards the best I've ever been on, especially in terms of atmosphere!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Nov 6 2008, 10:09pm

Post #23 of 57 (234 views)
Shortcut
JRRT valued "parfit courtesie" [In reply to] Can't Post

and he would value our Admins, Mods, and community atmosphere.

Virtual toast to all of you!

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

FarFromHome
Valinor

Nov 6 2008, 10:12pm

Post #24 of 57 (267 views)
Shortcut
Well said! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no nicer place to hang out on the Internet!

(Just to kill two birds with one stone I thought I'd try making this post from my iPod - seems that it works!)

Farewell, friends! I hear the call.
The ships beside the stony wall.
Foam is white and waves are grey;
beyond the sunset leads my way.
Bilbo's Last Song

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 7 2008, 5:25pm

Post #25 of 57 (236 views)
Shortcut
Yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

They deleted one of my posts just the other day! As well they should have!! I deserved it!!

This is far and away the best moderated message board on the entire net. All the other forums on the net tend to make my brain ache and my eyes bleed. Yay TORn admins and mods!!

(Er, what exactly *is* the difference between admins and mods?)

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.