Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Opera this weekend (shameless self promotion...!!)

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 2 2007, 8:14pm

Post #1 of 13 (236 views)
Shortcut
Opera this weekend (shameless self promotion...!!) Can't Post

Just wanted to let any folks in the Boston area know about my production of Donizetti's 'L'Elisir d'Amore', which will be on at the Boston Conservatory Theatre this weekend (Thurs to Sat, including a Sat matinee).

TORnsibs might especially enjoy it as I have relocated the story from 19th century Italy to World War II England, and the action takes place outside a pub called.... The Green Dragon, of course!! I'm thrilled with our set and the pub looks very cosy and inviting - any hobbit would be glad to stop by for a pint!

If anyone is in the area and interested in more information, send me a pm - I'll happily fill you in! And otherwise I'll try to get some decent photos of the set so you can all see my personal pub! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Noneoftheabove
Lorien

Apr 2 2007, 8:18pm

Post #2 of 13 (139 views)
Shortcut
Sadly I do not live in the Boston area... [In reply to] Can't Post

Where I hail, the arts & humanities are basically Cowboy Poetry and Bar fights.

But thanks for the heads up anyway! Wink

Hobbitmomma
Bree

Apr 2 2007, 11:25pm

Post #3 of 13 (122 views)
Shortcut
Good Luck! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds great. I wish I lived in the area.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 3 2007, 12:03am

Post #4 of 13 (135 views)
Shortcut
Rats!!! Rats, rats, rats.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd LOVE to see your work... but I can't make it. I'm SO THRILLED for you! I wish you a perfect evening, a perfect production, a perfect audience, and a perfect night's sleep the night before ;)

Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement, m'dear!! I'll be thinking of you and shooting ALL good thoughts your way!

KNOCK 'EM DEAD!!! :D

{{{greendragon}}}

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Morwen
Rohan

Apr 3 2007, 12:39am

Post #5 of 13 (121 views)
Shortcut
Break a leg! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to see your production, but zipping up to Boston from Oklahoma is a bit more than I can manage. I hope all goes well and I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wish you could have been there
When she opened up the door
And looked me in the face
Like she never did before
I felt about as welcome
As a Wal-Mart Superstore--John Prine

SandWitch King
Rohan

Apr 3 2007, 12:40am

Post #6 of 13 (131 views)
Shortcut
Planning on that pub! [In reply to] Can't Post

Send photos to "Spymaster@TheOneRing.net". That might make the front page. Smile

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 3 2007, 2:03am

Post #7 of 13 (125 views)
Shortcut
I'm looking forward to Friday night. [In reply to] Can't Post

They put on a good show at the Conservatory-- especially when gd's directing. I hope a few more sibs will have the chance to come see!

Fight for us! And regain your honor, learn valuable technical skills, and qualify for up to four years' college tuition! What say you?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 3 2007, 2:12am

Post #8 of 13 (121 views)
Shortcut
There's only one Dragon in Boston... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

That's exciting - yes, please do post some pics of the set! I hope you all have lots of fun, and all goes smoothly.

I'll be in Massachusetts on Friday, but visiting family mid-state, with no chance of getting out to Boston. But one of these days I'd like to manage to take in one of your productions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Confusticate and bebother these dwarves!"

Aerin
Grey Havens

Apr 3 2007, 5:17am

Post #9 of 13 (113 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope it goes well!

I sang in the chorus for an open-air production of that opera a long time ago. Our version was updated to take place in Durham, NC (our town) around the turn of the century and was sung in a new English translation by someone in the English Dept. at Duke. It was great fun!

CAhobbit
Rohan

Apr 3 2007, 5:02pm

Post #10 of 13 (110 views)
Shortcut
Gah! [In reply to] Can't Post

If only I was on the east coast. It sounds very interesting and I hope you and everyone in the production a 'break a leg' show(s) this weekend!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 3 2007, 11:35pm

Post #11 of 13 (101 views)
Shortcut
But no bar poetry? / [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Mar. 26-Apr. 1: Alan Lee.

Noneoftheabove
Lorien

Apr 4 2007, 2:44am

Post #12 of 13 (115 views)
Shortcut
Good question N.E. Brigand [In reply to] Can't Post

I really couldn't say however... They are a strange lot.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 6 2007, 2:17pm

Post #13 of 13 (99 views)
Shortcut
I hope your production is going well!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*shooting good vibes your way* It'll be really busy this weekend, I'll bet! HANG IN THERE!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.