Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
BIG news regarding end of LotR Gentle Giant Animaquette line!

atreyu2112

Oct 30 2008, 6:34pm

Post #1 of 2 (340 views)
Shortcut
BIG news regarding end of LotR Gentle Giant Animaquette line! Can't Post

Hi, new here... LONG time fan of all things Tolkien but this is my first post on these boards. Sorry it's a negative one but I need help from you, my fellow fans...

I quickly fell in love with and became a huge fan of Gentle Giant Ltd.'s LotR Animated Maquette line. So far, six characters have been made and released: Saruman, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Ringwraith on Horse & Twilight Ringwraith. You can see them here: http://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/...peid=4&brandid=4 (if you need help finding places to purchase these at decent prices, shoot me a PM).

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this line is either canceled or there *might* be only 1 more character released in this line. I was prompted to call GG after talking with the owner of a local comic/toy shop. The owner told me when I picked up my Twiki that there would only be 1 more piece in the line and then it would end. So I called GG and...

A decision weather or not this character will be released is said to be posted by the end of November on the GG web site. No word as to which character it is, but the prototype HAS been made. If they decide not to release it, then the Twilight Ringwraith will have been the last release. I got this news from calling GG's customer service line direct & first hand.

I for one am VERY PISSED OFF!

I was hoping to at least get the entire Fellowship before the line was sh*t-canned. And now I have to hope that the last character will be released at all. It is highly rumored this last piece is either Strider/Aragorn or the Witchking of Angmar.

GG is still might release this last Animaquette, no decision has been made yet & the prototype IS ready! Lets persuade them to get it out to us... even a short run of 500 pieces (hell, even 250 pieces at a slightly higher price would still be worth it).

If you are a fan & want them to release it, please let them know ASAP by e-mail, phone or if you bought a animaquette before, grab that question card that came with your maq's (it's in the bag with the COA) and mail it to them stating that you love the line and would at least like to buy that last piece.

I have done this because I REALLY want (***ARAGORN***) that last piece. So fans, please help me & show support for the line & do the same if you dig! Thanks for your time. - atreyu2112

Gentle Giant Ltd.
7511 N. San Fernando Road
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 504-3555
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/help/contactUs

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 2 2008, 6:04pm

Post #2 of 2 (392 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wishing you success with your campaign. Talk about bad timing with Tolkien mania about to swing into overdrive again. Are they nuts?

Perhaps hanging around here will fill the gap for you if the line does end up being cancelled.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.