Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Foxtrot features Balrogs today (link inside)

a.s.
Valinor

Oct 12 2008, 5:24pm

Post #1 of 9 (3845 views)
Shortcut
Foxtrot features Balrogs today (link inside) Can't Post

I'm not sure I should copy the strip, but you can check out today's comic at: http://www.foxtrot.com/

"Purists can be a real pain in the butt sometimes", says Jason.

Ain't that the truth??!!

Angelic

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

"You only see the outside of me"

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Oct 12 2008, 9:28pm

Post #2 of 9 (3563 views)
Shortcut
*chuckle* I love Foxtrot [In reply to] Can't Post

Jason, of course, is my favorite character; here's one reason why: look closely at his pseudo-balrog.
Did you see any wings? Angelic
Wink

Traveling Journal Official Site
Thanks, Kel, for the amazing site!
Site Updates:
Welcome, itcdunk, Freya Baggins, and Garfeimo!

Guestbook and Forum
There is also a comments page- anyone can leave a comment or question, but please stick to TORn rules on posting!
The journal is in NZ!

"To err is human. To loaf is Parisian." -Victor Hugo
"The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney
"The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed." - Nicolas de Chamfort

FantasyFan
Rohan

Oct 12 2008, 10:22pm

Post #3 of 9 (3545 views)
Shortcut
That's funny, that's the first thing I looked for// [In reply to] Can't Post

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 13 2008, 6:25am

Post #4 of 9 (3545 views)
Shortcut
*sheepish* Same here :) \\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 13 2008, 1:22pm

Post #5 of 9 (3541 views)
Shortcut
Foxtrot was where I first heard the name [In reply to] Can't Post

"Orlando Bloom" Sly.

Great comic, I love it. Thx!

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Oct 13 2008, 4:44pm

Post #6 of 9 (3542 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry, Jason... [In reply to] Can't Post

You can use my balrog miniature. ;)

A little apart the Rangers sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head....There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2008, 5:07pm

Post #7 of 9 (3532 views)
Shortcut
Yikes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know exactly which Games Workshop figure he's talking about.

Perhaps I need to get a life. Pirate

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 14 2008, 8:50am

Post #8 of 9 (3529 views)
Shortcut
OMG! All the Balrogs are gone!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bwaahahahahahah!!! The terror of cross-contaminating gaming!

This is priceless! Thanks a.s.!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Anorien
Rohan

Oct 14 2008, 10:05pm

Post #9 of 9 (3708 views)
Shortcut
That made me giggle [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw it yesterday and I thought of some LotR fans I know that are like that. Including me! It also made me think of TORn, and I wondered how many purists there are here. Not that there is a problem with that, remember, I am...sometimes.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.