\\, //, \ or / ?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 10 2008, 12:17am

Post #26 of 40 (168 views)
Shortcut
I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes when I'm writing my real first name, which has a "th" in it, I think "I wish I could write this with a thorn." And then I feel sad knowing that most people are not familiar with this symbol.

But sometimes I think maybe I should use it anyway. One day I'll go for it. Evil Sly

"I think it is a sad story," said the wizard, "and it might have happened to others, even to some hobbits that I have known."

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2008, 2:55am

Post #27 of 40 (160 views)
Shortcut
The Ents go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! [In reply to] Can't Post

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Soothfast
The Shire

Oct 10 2008, 3:38am

Post #28 of 40 (156 views)
Shortcut
It's an Uruk-hai underbite. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:41am

Post #29 of 40 (156 views)
Shortcut
LOL... [In reply to] Can't Post

...these seem to be the days of riddles and rhymes. "I wish he would just fly away." *snigger* Sly

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:45am

Post #30 of 40 (149 views)
Shortcut
I like that symbol... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but most of the times "Alt" just takes the focus out of a text area depending on the editor I'm using. I usually resort to the lower case "P" to get :p for the tounge sticking out effect.

To go off on a slight tangent, I also like using :o) to denote clown-ish smile.

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:47am

Post #31 of 40 (146 views)
Shortcut
Sure... [In reply to] Can't Post

... TORn 201 has some fun stuff in there and it's nice to stumble upon them now and then Smile

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:50am

Post #32 of 40 (147 views)
Shortcut
I love discovering such stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

I find it rather interesting. And I'm thinking it would be wrong to say "Thank ye" Tongue

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:55am

Post #33 of 40 (145 views)
Shortcut
I admit I'm guilty of the / typo... [In reply to] Can't Post

... when I'm typing real fast I invariably leave the "Shift" before I even hit the "? - /" button.

Fwiw, I found myself in third place in a "Blind Typing Competition" back in college. We were given a sheet of paper with an essay written on it and we had to type it out with the monitor switched off and complete the task in the shortest amount of time and with the least number of errors. Winning was fun but doing it was actually pretty stressful Unimpressed

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:57am

Post #34 of 40 (144 views)
Shortcut
*gapes at screen* [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL... how do you think of such stuff? It cracked me up. Really. Sly

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 8:58am

Post #35 of 40 (149 views)
Shortcut
And apparently... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Uma /hurman by Miranda O//o Laugh

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 9:00am

Post #36 of 40 (145 views)
Shortcut
Heh heh... [In reply to] Can't Post

... those viewing this in threaded mode must have a hard time figuring out what the heck's goin' on Cool

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2008, 9:04am

Post #37 of 40 (149 views)
Shortcut
Oh when the Ents *pop pop pop pop pop* [In reply to] Can't Post

Go marching in *pop pop pop pop pop*
Oh when the Ents go marching in... Evil

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 10 2008, 12:11pm

Post #38 of 40 (142 views)
Shortcut
Altaira wrote a song like that once [In reply to] Can't Post

All I remember is the chorus:

And they all go marching down
To renown
In the war of the Ring
Hoom hoom hoom

Anyway, GMTA! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 10 2008, 12:45pm

Post #39 of 40 (162 views)
Shortcut
Irrelevant digressions! My favorite subject! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2008, 5:18pm

Post #40 of 40 (158 views)
Shortcut
I use // ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was originally going to use just / , but then I saw someone use //, and I liked the look of that better for some reason, so // it is. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.