Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Sets pots of tulips & daffodils outside of bar door* T.G.I. Fiesta, everyone!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:03pm

Post #1 of 186 (1020 views)
Shortcut
*Sets pots of tulips & daffodils outside of bar door* T.G.I. Fiesta, everyone! Can't Post

Ahhhh, spring is finally springing here in the northern hemisphere. Time to…

…clear out the garden

…open the windows (at least during the day)

…and, ah… ah…. ahCHOOO! Time to buy more tissues and start taking the allergy pills again. Lol!

What’s on your Spring to do list this weekend? Whatever it is, have a great time doing it!

*kicks juke box – Rivendell Elves start singing…*

“Spring is springing and Elves are singing
In the back yard, robins are winging

Oh Tra-la-la-lally, here down in the valley

Come one and come all, from near and from far
Catch up on the news at the Fiesta bar

Oh Tra-la-la-lally, here down in the valley”

*ducks rotten tomatoes*

Happy weekend, everyone!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Lossefalme
Gondor

Mar 30 2007, 4:13pm

Post #2 of 186 (653 views)
Shortcut
You're spot on! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm right smack in the middle of trying to clean out my office. Ugh! It's a HUGE job. It'll be worth it, though. I'll feel a lot better. Then it's on to the all three of the kid's rooms, our room, dusting all of the walls and ceilings... Oh, well. The list is long and time is short. I'll do what I can!

I want to say a quick "thank you" to everyone for all of their support and prayers last week. I really appreciated it so much. You'll all be happy to know that my father is doing great! He was released from the hospital late Sunday and has really done well this week. He's not in any hurry to get back to the office, but he has been working from home. I'm so relieved!

Well, I guess I'll get back to cleaning. I had to dig just to find the keyboard, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. I think my usual Diet Coke with lime is just right, if you please Altaira. I could use the kick! Thank you.

Have a wonderful weekend, TORnsibs!

*Can't sing like the Elves, so dwarves will have to do... "Whistle While You Work" is my tune for the day!*

(Formerly Lossefalme3, just in case you're wondering)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. 'Elendil!' he cried. 'I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!' TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: 'Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.' RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 30 2007, 4:18pm

Post #3 of 186 (614 views)
Shortcut
Is it that time already? [In reply to] Can't Post

Better get me a beer then Wink

It is abit spring like today but will that last ? We've had rain sun and fog so far this week so maybe snow? Unimpressed

As for what Im doing this weekend - well the way things are going I'll be working Unsure as Ive got things to finish off before the break for Easter , which will be very welcome.

Anyway cheers!

I May be a scientist but I'm also a Ninja fencer!

Wynnie
Rohan

Mar 30 2007, 4:19pm

Post #4 of 186 (658 views)
Shortcut
Just a coffee, please [In reply to] Can't Post

No definite plans for the weekend yet, but I always like to celebrate April Fool's Day, so I'd better start thinking about that.

Here's a nice spring-y Tolkien drawing in honor of the season:

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Wynnie
Rohan

Mar 30 2007, 4:20pm

Post #5 of 186 (615 views)
Shortcut
Glad to hear your father's doing well! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:21pm

Post #6 of 186 (619 views)
Shortcut
Great news about your dad, Lossefalme! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, that's wonderful news! Here's hoping his recovery continues to go so well!

Good luck on the cleaning. My list includes tackling the dreaded...

BASEMENT...Augggh! Maybe later. Wink

Have a great weekend!

(Btw... I love your footer. Your dog looks like such a sweetheart I feel like I want to hug him/her every time I see it).Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:22pm

Post #7 of 186 (644 views)
Shortcut
1420! Stat! [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll need that beer to prepare you for another weekend of work, Hengist.. drat! Frown

Doesn't it seem ironic when you have to work on weekends to be able to take vacation? Lol!

Have a good one anyway! Smile

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:24pm

Post #8 of 186 (636 views)
Shortcut
*pours steaming cup of coffee* [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what I'm having too, Wynnie (for now Wink).

Thanks for the nice Tolkien pic and have a great weekend, whatever you end up deciding to do. Smile

TORn Calendar

NottaSackville
Valinor

Mar 30 2007, 4:27pm

Post #9 of 186 (624 views)
Shortcut
Liquid pain-killer, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

Today my oldest turns six, which means I'll be attending a party of 11 4-6 year old girls this afternoon. Tomorrow, I'm taking both girls to a birthday party for a set of sisters that will probably have about 40 4-6 year old girls at it.

So please - anything you have to kill the pain and that comes with earplugs.

Notta

Wynnie
Rohan

Mar 30 2007, 4:29pm

Post #10 of 186 (629 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday to your daughter! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you introduced her to The Hobbit yet?

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 30 2007, 4:31pm

Post #11 of 186 (608 views)
Shortcut
I could think of other words! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course If I was actually writing the report now instead of being here........

Oh well got to take 5 minutes now and then

cheers!

I May be a scientist but I'm also a Ninja fencer!

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:31pm

Post #12 of 186 (602 views)
Shortcut
Oh my! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure we have anything that will take care of that one, Notta! I was ready to suggest the earplugs before I finished reading your post though! Laugh

Good luck! I have a feeling you'll survive just fine. Smile

TORn Calendar

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Mar 30 2007, 4:33pm

Post #13 of 186 (684 views)
Shortcut
Yes, spring is sprung, the grass is riz ... [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been really beautiful here this week, but a little overcast today. I brought my camera with me today and took a picture of a gorgeous tree in blossom to share with you all, then realized I forgot the piece that connects the camera to the computer, so I won't be able to get it up until I get home now. Darn!

Oh well. I will be painting this weekend. We have a small suite that is vacant so we're going to move our son and grandson into it and get them out of the house. It's been a long haul with them and it'll be nice to have our house back to ourselves.

In honour of spring, I'll have a hard lemonade, please, barkeep, and all the best to you and everyone for the weekend (and then it's Easter weekend next week, so I'll get a five-day weekend!! Whoo hoo!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Mar 30 2007, 4:36pm

Post #14 of 186 (630 views)
Shortcut
*hands on ears and grabs a tomato*... [In reply to] Can't Post

just kidding...ti's the time for fiesta singing!

and I'll take a spring sunshine drink for its dull in the part of the hemisphere at the mo!

and yes, the daffodils are out but dying off due to the hot/cold/warm/dry/wet snap we have had in the past month!!!

*puts down plates of flapjack and fruit salad and meringue and cheesecakes...home made!*

slainte!
-e_H-Smile

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:37pm

Post #15 of 186 (613 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait to see the pic, Elberbeth [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have to tell us all about it when you post it (what kind of tree, etc.).

Happy painting, and have a great weekend! Smile

*pours tall icy glass of hard lemonade*

Cheers!

TORn Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 30 2007, 4:38pm

Post #16 of 186 (654 views)
Shortcut
oooo! Pretty!!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy Lady and ALL y'ALL! May I please have LEMONADE!!! T'is the season, falala!

I'm raking up probably about 12 wheelbarrows full of Black Walnuts from my monstrous big tree that the kids' rope swings hang from. Flower beds... fill holes and troughs in the driveway... and clean up the treehouse!!! *squeeee!*

I hope for a great weekend for all, and a miraculous healing from ALL ALLERGIES!!! *waves magic wand... PWANG!*

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks Altaira :) I wuv your song!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 30 2007, 4:39pm

Post #17 of 186 (608 views)
Shortcut
Oh! Wonderful news!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad!!! Spring will be extra special this year!

HUGS m'dear!

sample sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 30 2007, 4:40pm

Post #18 of 186 (636 views)
Shortcut
Temperamental weather... but it's better than snow & cold everyday! ;) Have a great weekend! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 30 2007, 4:41pm

Post #19 of 186 (587 views)
Shortcut
omg... I'm hooking that [In reply to] Can't Post

picture into a rug!!! A wall-hanging rug, that is ;) I love that drawing of his.

Have a wonderful weekend! :D

sample sample

NottaSackville
Valinor

Mar 30 2007, 4:42pm

Post #20 of 186 (612 views)
Shortcut
Not yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mrs. Notta (also a big fan) and I have talked about when a good time would be. But right now she's been too heavily into Disney princess - if there isn't a princess, she's not interested. She's learning to read very well now and that's expanding her horizens a bit, so maybe sometime down the road before too long...

Needless to say, I can't wait to sit down and read it to her!

Notta

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 30 2007, 4:42pm

Post #21 of 186 (620 views)
Shortcut
Fly you fool!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Awwww... it'll be ooodles of fun! Have a great time :D

sample sample

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 30 2007, 4:43pm

Post #22 of 186 (622 views)
Shortcut
Take your pick [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take a spring sunshine drink for its dull in the part of the hemisphere at the mo

One (or better, all Wink) of these should brighten up your day, elvenhobbit! Peach, bananna, lime or strawberry rum drinks. Yum!!

*takes a slice of cheescake* Double yum!! Laugh

Have a great weekend!

TORn Calendar

NottaSackville
Valinor

Mar 30 2007, 4:44pm

Post #23 of 186 (599 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm actually looking a bit forward to the party this afternoon - there is very little pure joy in the world like the excitement of a child.

Notta

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 30 2007, 4:44pm

Post #24 of 186 (610 views)
Shortcut
That will be nice for all. [In reply to] Can't Post

They're lucky to have you :) When the kiddies grow up, it's hard to try an co-habitate again... so this will be a good weekend for working together and getting your lives back in order. Hang in there :D

sample sample

NottaSackville
Valinor

Mar 30 2007, 4:45pm

Post #25 of 186 (639 views)
Shortcut
These little foes are beyond any of us! [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least me...

Evil

Notta

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.