Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
FotR with live orchestra - in London

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 8 2008, 1:01am

Post #1 of 14 (510 views)
Shortcut
FotR with live orchestra - in London Can't Post

I see from the home page that the Royal Albert Hall will be showing a HD version of FotR with live orchestral accompaniment next year, April 14 and 15. L.Ron, Acheron and I were lucky enough to see this in Washington (at Wolftrap) last May and it is WELL worth it. It is fascinating to watch the movie with LIVE music (and you can still hear all the dialogue); you notice things in the soundtrack you had never noticed before. If you are in London next Spring, I urge you to go! L.Ron and I are already planning to go back to Washington next May if they do TTT at Wolftrap.

Details on the home page!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 8 2008, 1:39pm

Post #2 of 14 (366 views)
Shortcut
Count me in! [In reply to] Can't Post

For the DC show, anyhow, if they do another one. Cool

"...and back again."

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Oct 8 2008, 8:00pm

Post #3 of 14 (279 views)
Shortcut
I've already asked my lovely Dad [In reply to] Can't Post

to get me two tickets for Christmas! Can't wait, it sounds very exciting!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 8 2008, 8:31pm

Post #4 of 14 (364 views)
Shortcut
road trip!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Alrighty, if Wolftrap do it again I'll let you know and we'll all head there together! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

acheron
Gondor

Oct 14 2008, 7:19pm

Post #5 of 14 (365 views)
Shortcut
what Greendragon said! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a great experience.

I hope Wolf Trap does TTT as well. I'll be there!

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 14 2008, 9:37pm

Post #6 of 14 (292 views)
Shortcut
good - [In reply to] Can't Post

look forward to seeing you there! Wink

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2008, 11:31am

Post #7 of 14 (279 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure the article said tickets were to go on sale Oct 14th [In reply to] Can't Post

But can't see it detailed on the Royal Albert Hall website yet. Anyone know anything about this?

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Oct 18 2008, 7:57pm

Post #8 of 14 (271 views)
Shortcut
I was just looking at booking tickets 30mins ago! [In reply to] Can't Post

There are only a few seats left in the front of stage arena for the 14th.I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it down to London yet.I'll work on it!

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2008, 10:32am

Post #9 of 14 (388 views)
Shortcut
Bought mine last night! [In reply to] Can't Post

Front row stalls on 14th! If you do go, let me know if you fancy a moot beforehand!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Nov 3 2008, 8:36pm

Post #10 of 14 (287 views)
Shortcut
My tickets arrived today! *Does a happy jig!* [In reply to] Can't Post

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Isis
Bree

Nov 8 2008, 11:10am

Post #11 of 14 (210 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

that I may well be tempted to go to this. I saw the symphony at the RAH a few years back and loved every second of it. I had a great seat for that performance having booked it quite far in advance. Perhaps I will pop over to the RAH soon and see what seats they have left.

I'll be up for mooting beforehand if I'm going. I'll be the one in the elven cloak (like the Fellowship wear in the films). :)

'Take now this Ring,' he said; 'for thy labours and thy cares will be heavy, but in all it will support thee and defend thee from weariness. For this is the Ring of Fire, and herewith, maybe, thou shalt rekindle hearts to the valour of old in a world that grows chill.'

Farawyn
Rohan

Nov 8 2008, 3:58pm

Post #12 of 14 (187 views)
Shortcut
Psssst Isis... [In reply to] Can't Post

How are you doing? I haven't seen you in ages!

Disclaimer: The author of this message does not guarantee correct grammar, spelling or English usage. No responsibility can be accepted for the use of this message as a guide to written English.
Discuss:
Photobucket

bearwen
Lorien

Nov 8 2008, 4:18pm

Post #13 of 14 (181 views)
Shortcut
We'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bearagorn and i will be going on the 15th April and cannot wait!!!

I choose a mortal life!

bearwen
Lorien

Nov 8 2008, 4:27pm

Post #14 of 14 (264 views)
Shortcut
Apologies! [In reply to] Can't Post

I started another thread on the main section as I hadn't realised that this bit was here, I know now!!

I choose a mortal life!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.