Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bad guys and timeline

renzn
Bree

Oct 7 2008, 5:11pm

Views: 171
Shortcut
Bad guys and timeline Can't Post

We’ve all read about the gentle hobbits, the beautiful and wise elves along with the steadfast noble men. Everyone has discussed what realms they’d like to see more of and who should play this or that good character. I’d really like to see how much time they’ll put into creating the “bad guy” characters; from what they look like, to where they live, to how they interact, whether it’s purely barbaric and evil, or is there humor. What is their social structure like? It seems like a strict hierarchy as the one goblin guard says to his leader, “Oh truly tremendous one.”
I prefer to see good overcome evil, but I would hate to see the Goblin armies comprised of the Misty and Grey mountain clans heading into battle without allowing me the viewer a clear understanding of why. This is an army that has severe hatred of the dwarves since their defeat from their last war with them, and then the slaying of the “Great Goblin.”
A user named “Haltiamieli” suggested that Ron Perlman play the role of Bolg. I agree with that person completely, but why have an actor of his ability if the writers give to him a meager role? We have many heroes and know their stories. We need a reason for them to bring in Beorn. Taking out a scripted, well established Orc chieftain bad guy would give additional credence to have a bigger than life good guy like Beorn.
Here’s my question to you all. How much time should the writers give to establishing the Goblin/Orc realm and its leaders and how do you perceive that time affecting the flow of the Hobbit and the continuance into the second film?

Subject User Time
Bad guys and timeline renzn Send a private message to renzn Oct 7 2008, 5:11pm
    Enough simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Oct 7 2008, 5:21pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.