The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Arda Reconstructed on Amazon

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Oct 7 2008, 3:09pm

Post #1 of 7 (402 views)
Shortcut
Arda Reconstructed on Amazon Can't Post

Arda Reconstructed has now made it on to Amazon!

link

The April release date looks pretty solid.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

(This post was edited by Voronwë_the_Faithful on Oct 7 2008, 3:12pm)

visualweasel
Rohan

Oct 7 2008, 4:09pm

Post #2 of 7 (301 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations! It's got a price and a release date now. Do you know whether LUP is going to make an online excerpt available? If you have any say, I would encourage them to do it. I think it makes a big difference that prospective buyers can browse the table of contents, the jacket flaps, some of the introduction, and whatnot.

Jason Fisher
Lingwë - Musings of a Fish

The Lord of the Rings discussion 2007-2008 – The Two Towers – III.4 “Treebeard” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Oct 7 2008, 6:19pm

Post #3 of 7 (278 views)
Shortcut
I'll Definitely Encourage Them [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know whether or not that will be an option, but I'll try.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

visualweasel
Rohan

Oct 7 2008, 6:29pm

Post #4 of 7 (272 views)
Shortcut
In this day and age ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... with PDFs, online reviewing of galley proofs, etc., I don't know why any publisher would ever not do it. I don't think anyone could argue it's cost-prohibitive or too difficult, and I think most would argue that it increases sales. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Wink

Jason Fisher

The Lord of the Rings discussion 2007-2008 – The Two Towers – III.4 “Treebeard” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

a.s.
Valinor

Oct 8 2008, 9:09pm

Post #5 of 7 (290 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

"You only see the outside of me"

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Nov 6 2008, 5:12am

Post #6 of 7 (227 views)
Shortcut
They Have Agreed to Do This [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Do you know whether LUP is going to make an online excerpt available? If you have any say, I would encourage them to do it. I think it makes a big difference that prospective buyers can browse the table of contents, the jacket flaps, some of the introduction, and whatnot.

I did encourage them to do this, and they have agreed. So there should be some excerpts up there in the coming months, along with the a copy of the cover.

visualweasel
Rohan

Nov 6 2008, 3:53pm

Post #7 of 7 (341 views)
Shortcut
Very good news! [In reply to] Can't Post

The way those online excerpts usually work, this generally also includes the table of contents and the index — two things I always like to examine (if I can) before I buy a book.

Jason Fisher

“On Fairy-stories” discussion 2008 – “Origins” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.