Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Guillermo talks Hobbit - on Smaug and Wargs at the DGA NY festival 08.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Elven
Valinor

Oct 5 2008, 7:34am

Post #1 of 50 (599 views)
Shortcut
Guillermo talks Hobbit - on Smaug and Wargs at the DGA NY festival 08. Can't Post

Nice article posted at the http://www.comingsoon.net/...bitnews.php?id=49378
Source by Max Evry.

Got to caution about the swearing at the beginning of the article though...Wink but ...

A few snippets from the article ...:

Currently at the beginning of pre-production on The Hobbit, del Toro discussed his process of gathering ideas, or "feeding his brain," in order to conceptualize his own vision of Middle Earth unique from where Peter Jackson went in his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy…

Smile snip

...."All my life I've been fascinated by dragons. I was born under the Chinese sign of The Dragon. All my life I'm collecting dragons. It's such a powerful symbol, and in the context of 'The Hobbit' it is used to cast its shadow through the entire narrative. Essentially, Smaug represents so many things: greed, pride… he's 'the Magnificent,' after all. The way his shadow is cast in the narrative you cannot then show it and have it be one thing, he has to be the embodiment of all those things. He's one of the few dragons that will have enormous scenes with lines. He has some of the most beautiful dialogues in those scenes! The design, I'm pretty sure that will be the last design we will sign off on, and the first design we have attempted. It is certainly a matter of turning every stone before figuring out what he looks like, because what he looks like will tell you what he is."

Smile snip

..... When pressed by a fan during the Q & A regarding the Wargs' appearance in The Hobbit, del Toro seemed like a child dying to spill the big secret he has but forcing himself to show restraint, joking that "Warner Brothers has a sniper right here in the theater."

"There will be different sensibilities involved in this movie than there were in the original trilogy. First of all, because we have the travelogues in 'The Hobbit' which goes to places and variations on races that were not addressed in the trilogy. My belief on the 'Wargs' issue is that the classical incarnation of the demonic wolf in Nordic mythology is not a hyena-shaped creature. It is a wolf. The archetype is a wolf, so we're going to go back to the slender, archetypical wolf that is, I think, the inspiration for Tolkien. Listen… if we were having a drink two years from now I would spill the beans, because I'm a pretty easy guy about spilling the beans, but I can't in this instance I can't because it's three years from now... believe me, I am jumping up-and-down inside this fat body!"

Dont worry Guillermo, we'll be jumping all over you for the answers for the next 3 years! Laugh

Cheers
Elven

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.
Quote of The Week: A I LOVE cats and I love TV. And I love to watch cats on TV. Ron Perlman

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Oct 5 2008, 8:21am

Post #2 of 50 (363 views)
Shortcut
I really love this guy [In reply to] Can't Post

Can see him jumping up and down inside himself so well Wink It must be really difficult not to be allowed to talk about everything. When I am excited about something, I *have* to talk with someone about it in order not to burst!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Elven
Valinor

Oct 5 2008, 9:03am

Post #3 of 50 (388 views)
Shortcut
There's WB Snipers though ... lol ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Im sure he could have run and ducked if he had said anything though ... LOL Cool
So, the Wolves are going to be based on the Nordic mythological Wolves - very cool.

I hope he has double stitiched seams - Im sure they will be put under pressure to tell all in the next few years - otherwise he will burst Cool

Cheers PL Smile
Elven

Quote of The Week: A I LOVE cats and I love TV. And I love to watch cats on TV. Ron Perlman

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2008, 6:06pm

Post #4 of 50 (332 views)
Shortcut
can't wait [In reply to] Can't Post

I have complete faith in del toro that he will do an amazing job, I loved the Hellboy movies and of course Pans Labyrinth makes him the perfect man for the job. I hope they go with his vision of the demonic wargs!

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Oct 5 2008, 6:07pm)

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 5 2008, 10:50pm

Post #5 of 50 (311 views)
Shortcut
Ah, but we TORNsibs can be VERY persuasive though:) [In reply to] Can't Post

We can get him to "accidentally" spill a few very big hints, (like Wargs looking like Nordic wolves, lol....I'd say that was a "spilled bean" right thereEvil)

As to other stuff...that's what we have people like Tehanu for:). Really, they'll have to re-design WETA security for the tourists..ha, ha.

My hunch is that things like creature design (other than Smaug), "techie" stuff, is easier to discuss than script issues at this point. I was looking at the comments that followed the story and a lot of them had a "I dread this b/c it will be different from the Trilogy" vibe. That, or the opposite....my impression is that a lot of people like me remember only the first half of the book, the "kiddie" stuff--the trolls, Eagles, Gollum, Beorn, etc.

Re-reading TH recently I was struck at just much the tone of the story changes in so little time. The last third of the book is a very adult drama, IMO< and even in the initial version we all know, Tolkien was straining at the seams to keep the "kiddie" tone. If the story centers around the Arkenstone and the culture clashes between the Elves and Dwarves....the elements leading up to the Battle of Five Armies....that's what I want to see. And I want to see as much of the "prophetic" element of Thorin re-claiming his kingdom, etc. I am dying to know who will be cast as The Master of Laketown, I wonder if he will be the oily politician type, and how to do that ME style. That';s the kind of thing that we might see from the Fran side of the script...she is very good at writing extra little characters with the human element thrown in.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 6 2008, 12:43am

Post #6 of 50 (319 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand-clapping* Wolves, Bilbo! They're Wolves! [In reply to] Can't Post

Each time I read/hear one of GdT's interviews, I approach it with apprehension. I'm literally (pardon the pun) holding my breath and wondering if this is the one that will throw me into a panic.

Well... I'm in a panic, but it's because I"M GEEKED! OMG! What he alludes to with both Smaug AND the wolves is so what I want to hear!

"...what he looks like, because what he looks like will tell you what he is."

"The archetype is a wolf, so we're going to go back to the slender, archetypical wolf that is, I think, the inspiration for Tolkien."

I need a time machine... RIGHT NOW!!

*twitch*

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2008, 2:14am

Post #7 of 50 (297 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

This movie is going to kick as*!!!! I seriously cannot wait for it. There are sooo many incredible things that I'm looking forward to, even the little things like the wood elves in Mirkwood appearing around Bilbo, I wonder how del toro is going to shoot that scene!?

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Oct 6 2008, 2:15am)

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 6 2008, 3:28am

Post #8 of 50 (447 views)
Shortcut
Article's "a fan" is TORnsib _V_! My report (long): [In reply to] Can't Post

_V_ and I wanted to meet and hang out a bit beforehand, but unfortunately _V_ got delayed so we didn't get to hang out very long. But we still had fun walking and chatting around the Columbus Circle area for a little while.

The event was set up very nicely, with a small lounge area people could wait in before going into the auditorium. I think they were giving out wine and snacks but I was too excited to think about eating or drinking! (Not very hobbity, I know . . .)

We wound up in the second row, so we had a great view of the interview. It was clear that the interviewer is a big fan as he seemed to have a detailed knowledge of Guillermo's films. I might be imagining this, but I also thought he looked rather awestruck the whole time!

I was jotting some notes but couldn't write fast enough to get many exact quotes. I should mention that I've never seen any of his movies (I would love to, but I can't, they look too upsetting), so some of the discussion was going over my head. I hope _V_ will chime in with anything I've missed or gotten wrong. (And Guillermo, if you're lurking -- thanks for the great talk, and feel free to chime in too!)

There was a big screen behind the stage. Most of the time it just had a New Yorker logo on it, but right before the event and briefly during it, they showed some pages from Guillermo's journals and some other documents that were props from a movie (sorry, didn't catch which one).

When Guillermo sat down, the first thing he said was (and this is an exact quote) "I'm very glad the chair didn't broke!" That got a big laugh.

One idea he returned to a few times is how different people and different cultures vary in their belief in or tolerance of superstitions, belief in ghosts, UFO's etc. In the U.S., if you said you saw a ghost, people would look at you funny or not believe you, but in Mexico it wouldn't be a big deal. He talked about a conversation with an uncle, where they agreed that whoever died first would come back and visit the other. After the uncle died, Guillermo was sitting in his room and heard his uncle sighing in his ear, and the sound followed him when he got up and walked around the room.

He spoke of growing up in a large house with long corridors and lots of rooms, and how this influenced his films. He was also inspired by lucid dreams he had when he was young.

He said growing up in Mexico, when he was still young he'd seen more corpses than a NYC coroner. He saw someone get beheaded, and someone else burned alive. This led the interviewer to ask about the time his father was kidnapped. (This was 1998 according to Wikipedia.) Guillermo said that the ransom notes had orthographic mistakes, and this led him to have sympathy for the kidnappers, because they hadn't had the opportunities he'd had. (I thought this was just an amazing story, and says a lot about Guillermo's wisdom and compassion.) He said "the fiber at the base of everything" is when you ask yourself "am I a good man," and whether you'd stay good even in extreme circumstances. He said the only people he doesn't have sympathy for are those who never question or reflect on their own actions, but always act with complete certainty. He said this is especially common in organized religion and politics.

One quote I liked: "War is like an onion -- more and more layers and you always end up crying." He discussed how there are complex motivations in any conflict.

He made fun of his weight at random intervals. It was funny but got a little weird after about the fifth time. I hope it's not something that really bothers him. Unsure

Regarding films:

Discussing a particular market scene in one of his movies, he said "It's not just eye candy, I call it eye-protein."

Four weeks ago, he and his wife started a basic drawing class. Previously he was entirely self-taught. (Which is amazing, because what they showed on the screen looked quite masterful!)

"Some of the best images in movies are not from movies with the best screenplays."

"Monsters cannot be, should not be explained."

"The worst thing is fantasy that has been deducted rather than constructed." He said this in a discussion about originality in art and storytelling. He said you can't create fantasy just by copying other fantasy artists. All the greats created their own style, so that's what new artists should aim to do.

He "freely riffs on every mythology."

He discussed the difference between "culture" and "Culture." He said he "objects to the idea that Culture is something you have to hang in a museum after it's dead." He thinks video games, comic books, etc. are as valid and artistic a form of culture as anything else. Everyone should be able to use and enjoy culture, it shouldn't be divided up into different categories and some considered better than others.

He rattled off some long lists of writers, artists, directors, etc., and it was clear that he's very knowledgeable about a huge variety of topics. It was mostly going over my head, so no notes. Unsure

Overall, I got the impression that he is an incredibly brilliant, nice guy. I really wish I could see his films.

In the Q&A, TORnsib _V_ asked the first question! It was a bit involved, so I'll let _V_ post about that.

Later on in the Q&A, he said he thinks older stories are more compelling than modern ones because they seem more realistic. He gave the example of a story (I don't know which one this is -- anyone know?) where a mouse comes out of the wall and tells the hero something. In a modern story you'd have a setup before the mouse appeared, then at the end you'd find out what happened to him. In the old story, he just comes out of the wall and talks, and that's it. Why? Because that's the way it happened! Laugh

He said now story-telling seems very forced and stylized. He's surprised and troubled at how influential it is in politics, especially in recent years. "You can wipe your nose with the facts if you're a compelling story-teller."

Regarding pre-production on "The Hobbit," the linked article in the parent post gives a good summary of his discussion of this. He also got an interesting question during the Q&A -- an earnest young man in a suit (I was wondering if he just came from work, or dressed up just to speak to Guillermo!) said that he's 22, just graduated from university, and has already obtained a work permit for New Zealand. He will be going there whether or not he's lined up a job, because he wants to work on the Hobbit! So he asked if Guillermo could help with that. Guillermo said that -- get this -- every project he does, he randomly picks "two, three or more" people to work on his films, from all the emails he's received. So he said if you want to work on his films, email him, and maybe you'll be randomly chosen in this lottery. Shocked Then he gave his email address, which I am a bit scared to post here (plus I'm not sure I heard it right) -- wouldn't his inbox explode?!?!?!?! (But I will say, why is he still using AOL? I thought only elderly people were still using that.) And I'm wondering how he can even keep track of them -- does he put all the "I wanna be an extra" emails into a separate folder or something? I haven't tried emailing him myself, BTW; this just seems like such a bizarre idea to me. (What if he's actually putting them all into a folder called "weird stalkery people who think they can work on a movie with no experience, that I'll be staying the heck away from"? Crazy) Should I post the address?

He mentioned someone named Mike that he wants to help him on the Hobbit for a couple of weeks -- sorry I didn't catch the last name. _V_, did you catch this?

The last question was from a young boy, who asked what made him want to get involved with The Hobbit. Guillermo said that when he first saw FOTR, he wasn't expecting to like it much, because he's not a fan of fantasy, but he wanted to see it because he was a fan of PJ. But when the hobbits were running from the ringwraiths, he felt scared! Then he told his wife that he was looking forward to seeing the other movies too.

He hopes his Hobbit will be an expansion of that universe, not an imitation. After reading both LOTR and The Hobbit, he said he still connects more with The Hobbit. He said it's like if you're admiring a beautiful building, and someone gives you the opportunity to build the last few floors on the top -- you must say yes! Then he said to the boy, "I hope we're still on speaking terms in a couple of years." Sly

Afterwards, Guillermo graciously stood at the side of the stage and chatted with fans (who quickly formed a long line!) but couldn't chat very long as he was scheduled for another event right afterwards. _V_ and I probably could have spoken with him if we'd been a bit more aggressive about it, but we didn't want to be pushy so we held back.

Then I went to the ladies room and noticed a staff member talking to an elegant-looking woman who was just coming out. The staffer was saying something like "your husband is outside talking to all his fans" so I guess this was Guillermo's wife!

Anyway, that's all I can recall at the moment, hope you find it interesting. I'm really looking forward to The Hobbit! Smile

"I have tried to catch him once or twice at night; but he is slier than a fox, and as slippery as a fish. I hoped the river-voyage would beat him, but he is too clever a waterman."

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2008, 4:47am

Post #9 of 50 (314 views)
Shortcut
Del Toro Doesn't Like Fantasy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hellboy isn't fantasy? Pans Labyrinth is half fantasy half drama. Interesting.

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Oct 6 2008, 4:48am)

ShadoFaxs
Rivendell

Oct 6 2008, 5:25am

Post #10 of 50 (281 views)
Shortcut
You really haven't seen any of his movies? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I was jotting some notes but couldn't write fast enough to get many exact quotes. I should mention that I've never seen any of his movies (I would love to, but I can't, they look too upsetting), so some of the discussion was going over my head.

My dear, judging from that avatar of yours, I would think most of Guillermo's movies would be a walk in the park. There's nothing in his Hellboy movies to alarm anyone over the age of eight or nine. They are really quite fun, and not at all scary. And if you love the LOTR films, Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth shouldn't be too terribly shocking, although it helps if one has some awareness about the historical outlines of the Spanish Civil War. How did you get through the LOTR trilogy, and how do you expect to be able to sit through The Hobbit?

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Oct 6 2008, 6:11am

Post #11 of 50 (282 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the report! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you got to go - it must have been really interesting, even if you didn't understand all the stuff about his other movies.

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2008, 6:20am

Post #12 of 50 (310 views)
Shortcut
Pan's Labyrinth? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was jotting some notes but couldn't write fast enough to get many exact quotes. I should mention that I've never seen any of his movies (I would love to, but I can't, they look too upsetting), so some of the discussion was going over my head.

My dear, judging from that avatar of yours, I would think most of Guillermo's movies would be a walk in the park. There's nothing in his Hellboy movies to alarm anyone over the age of eight or nine. They are really quite fun, and not at all scary. And if you love the LOTR films, Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth shouldn't be too terribly shocking, although it helps if one has some awareness about the historical outlines of the Spanish Civil War. How did you get through the LOTR trilogy, and how do you expect to be able to sit through The Hobbit?

I would consider Pans Labyrinth an adult film, I for one wouldn't show it to a kid under twelve. -By the way an adult film I mean mature content.

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Oct 6 2008, 6:21am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 6 2008, 6:44am

Post #13 of 50 (316 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the report! And... [In reply to] Can't Post

....edited to remove misleading info! Sorry all!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Oct 7 2008, 3:22am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 6 2008, 9:15am

Post #14 of 50 (267 views)
Shortcut
Wouldn't it be fun [In reply to] Can't Post

if, in Film2, as we see Sauron re-establishing himself that we see how the Mouth of Sauron *points at YOU* is recruited or moves up in ranks to his place as Mouthpiece? I think a bit more of a back story on him would make his time before the gate a little more meaningful. ;)

I'll vote for ya, dude!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2008, 10:23am

Post #15 of 50 (302 views)
Shortcut
*falls out of chair* [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Guillermo has his email listed in his TORN bio.

*wonders if she should email him about her going down to NZ in the latter half of 2010 and about asking to work as an intern on some part of the films*

Well, I applaud him for being so open, and I hope he has a secretary or two to sort through the email!

I'm with Smeagirl; part of me would like to email him, but I would hate to be painted as one of those pushy, obsessive fans!

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 6 2008, 1:35pm

Post #16 of 50 (256 views)
Shortcut
This is so exciting (to say the least) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks again Elven.

As far as wargs go, is it just me, or did anyone else think the warg that Gothmog sits on seems a little less hyena-like and a little more wolf-like? Not that I have anything against the wargs we see in TTT, but now that people have been mentioning this, it did strike me as being a possible progression in the conception a warg. I know that PJ said something about their not having fully (and satisfactorily) realized the wargs in the warg attack scene in TTT, so that got me thinking... Crazy Well, anyway, for what my opinion's worth, the screencaps of Gothmog's warg can be seen here and here.

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2008, 3:52pm

Post #17 of 50 (255 views)
Shortcut
like your ideas [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
if, in Film2, as we see Sauron re-establishing himself that we see how the Mouth of Sauron *points at YOU* is recruited or moves up in ranks to his place as Mouthpiece? I think a bit more of a back story on him would make his time before the gate a little more meaningful. ;)

I'll vote for ya, dude!

I think it would be awesome too if we got to see more of the mouth of sauron/black numenoreans. I wonder if the mouth of sauron was at Dol Guldur?

Elven
Valinor

Oct 6 2008, 4:09pm

Post #18 of 50 (280 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic Report S/G - a MUST read everyone ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou so much for adding your report about the event - Im so thrilled to read it - this is just great!
What a super geeky time you had - and you got second row seats! Cool!

These were great - thanks for including them ...

Discussing a particular market scene in one of his movies, he said "It's not just eye candy, I call it eye-protein."

Four weeks ago, he and his wife started a basic drawing class. Previously he was entirely self-taught. (Which is amazing, because what they showed on the screen looked quite masterful!)

"Some of the best images in movies are not from movies with the best screenplays."

"Monsters cannot be, should not be explained."

"The worst thing is fantasy that has been deducted rather than constructed." He said this in a discussion about originality in art and storytelling. He said you can't create fantasy just by copying other fantasy artists. All the greats created their own style, so that's what new artists should aim to do.

He "freely riffs on every mythology."

This is a lovely story ...

The last question was from a young boy, who asked what made him want to get involved with The Hobbit. Guillermo said that when he first saw FOTR, he wasn't expecting to like it much, because he's not a fan of fantasy, but he wanted to see it because he was a fan of PJ. But when the hobbits were running from the ringwraiths, he felt scared! Then he told his wife that he was looking forward to seeing the other movies too.

He hopes his Hobbit will be an expansion of that universe, not an imitation. After reading both LOTR and The Hobbit, he said he still connects more with The Hobbit. He said it's like if you're admiring a beautiful building, and someone gives you the opportunity to build the last few floors on the top -- you must say yes! Then he said to the boy, "I hope we're still on speaking terms in a couple of years." Sly

Its all wonderful!
Thankou Smeagirl/Girllum!!

Cheers
Elven

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 6 2008, 7:54pm

Post #19 of 50 (222 views)
Shortcut
There was some terminology being used [In reply to] Can't Post

that I wasn't familiar with, I think "magical drama" vs. fantasy. I don't know the difference. I'm pretty sure he said he doesn't like fantasy though.

"I have tried to catch him once or twice at night; but he is slier than a fox, and as slippery as a fish. I hoped the river-voyage would beat him, but he is too clever a waterman."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 6 2008, 8:04pm

Post #20 of 50 (224 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen a lot of movies in general [In reply to] Can't Post

and definitely haven't seen any of GdT's. I guess I could try the Hellboy ones.

I have trouble with the battle scenes in LOTR. When I watch at home, I duck under a blanket and come out when the battle noises stop. Even just the noises are upsetting, because I kind of remember seeing it in the theater the first time. I saw things I didn't want to see.

Movies are real to me while I'm watching them.

I really hope The Hobbit isn't too scary.

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 6 2008, 8:08pm

Post #21 of 50 (255 views)
Shortcut
No, now it says "Email: No email entered." [In reply to] Can't Post

How recently did he have it listed? I hope I didn't scare him into changing it. Shocked

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 6 2008, 8:11pm

Post #22 of 50 (233 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it's a fine line [In reply to] Can't Post

between friendly persistence and stalkeriness . . . so I usually err on the side of cowardly avoidance. Blush Tongue Wink

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 6 2008, 8:12pm

Post #23 of 50 (236 views)
Shortcut
Thanks muchly. :-) /NT [In reply to] Can't Post

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 7 2008, 1:49am

Post #24 of 50 (220 views)
Shortcut
Scary? [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be! del toro will make it terrifying.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 7 2008, 3:22am

Post #25 of 50 (213 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, you're right. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not listed. I was sure I saw it there....my sincere apologies for misleading you all. Blush

No, I don't think you scared him; he's the one who gave it out in a public setting (even if it wasn't here)!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.