Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Guillermo Navarro sounds very keen when asked about The Hobbit Movie - transcript.

Elven
Valinor

Oct 3 2008, 5:40pm

Post #1 of 6 (186 views)
Shortcut
Guillermo Navarro sounds very keen when asked about The Hobbit Movie - transcript. Can't Post

Hi tornsibs Smile
Have you seen the news/video posted by Xoanon on the Home Page sent to us by MovieSets Patrick Sauriol - Guillermo Navarro sounds very keen to be on board with the Hobbit, and sounds like he will be ...

This is what he said - but if you have a look at the video, you'll see a big smile when he talks Hobbit! Smile

Guillermo Navarro on The Hobbit
http://www.movieset.com/movieset/blog/2008/10/02/exclusive-guillermo-navarro-on-the-hobbit

Transcript of the 15 second snippet from the interview:

Interviewer:
The Hobbit? Will you be shooting that?

Guillermo Navarro:
Yeah. I hope so –

Interviewer:
Yeah ...

Guillermo Navarro:
I haven’t signed anything, (interviewer laughs), but yeah, I hope so.

Interviewer:
What are the chances – are they looking pretty good?

Guillermo Navarro:
(smiles) They’re looking pretty good.

Interviewer:
..Good ..

Guillermo Navarro:
Still ways away though..

Sounds great to me!! Wink

Cheers
Elven

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.
Quote of The Week: A I LOVE cats and I love TV. And I love to watch cats on TV. Ron Perlman

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Oct 3 2008, 7:31pm

Post #2 of 6 (71 views)
Shortcut
Pffff... Everyone is so carefull! [In reply to] Can't Post

Noone says anything! Noone has signed anything! I wonder if there will be a movie at the end Evil

Culinary journey through Middle Earth starting October 15 on the Main board

I believe

Elven
Valinor

Oct 4 2008, 3:35am

Post #3 of 6 (74 views)
Shortcut
Awww ... one day we'll know ... [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkIm sure at this stage no ones game to confirm unless they've been given the go-ahead, but Navarro just looked and sounded as if this would be something he'd really enjoy being a part of - and thats a great start!

No -no confirmation, but much enthusiasm.

Cheers
Elven

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.
Quote of The Week: A I LOVE cats and I love TV. And I love to watch cats on TV. Ron Perlman

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 4 2008, 4:41am

Post #4 of 6 (69 views)
Shortcut
Sweet... [In reply to] Can't Post

I noted before that Del Toro would most likely be tapping all of his Oscar winners to come to NZ with him. I am particularily keen on seeing what Navarro and people like DDT's Montaise (sp?) Ribe will do.

Andrew Lesnie was brilliant with pastoral and other nature scenes, rendering things like slanting sunlight, leaves, mist, water and shadow. He was a master of Light, IMO. . Navarro, on the other hand, seems to excel with contrasts of Dark--dimly lit rooms, darker exteriors, places wreathed in shadow and contrasts of illumination. He excels in palettes of blue and yellow and splendid earth colors--deep rich greens, ocher and bright orange. His work on Pan's Labyrinth (esp scenes like the interior of Carmen's bedroom, and the forest), the 2 Hellboy films,and The Devil's Backbone was gorgeous.
Two great cinematographers, very different, but equally brilliant. Actually, I hope Lesnie has some input too.

If he does get this project, I can't wait to see what he'd do with the Goblin lairs, Gollum's Cave and the Misty Mountains, Mirkwood and Dol Goldur.

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 4 2008, 4:44am)

Nimloth
Lorien

Oct 4 2008, 4:49am

Post #5 of 6 (45 views)
Shortcut
Excellent [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't GDT say he would have casting news before the end of the year? I guess noone is allowed to confirm just yet.Wink

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Oct 4 2008, 5:47am

Post #6 of 6 (272 views)
Shortcut
Not until they sign, at least... :-p // [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.