Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"Forever Strong" w/ Sean Astin

guitarzankansasfan
Fantastic Four

Sep 26 2008, 7:49am

Post #1 of 6 (397 views)
Shortcut
"Forever Strong" w/ Sean Astin Can't Post

Hi folks--

It's been a long while since I posted here, had to make a new username and everything, but I thought I'd pass on this news: The movie "Forever Strong" featuring Sean Astin in a supporting role got released this weekend. It's based on stories from the Highland High School Rugby team. I knew some people from my old neighborhood who went to that high school, it's right up the road from where I went to college. Here's a link to a review:

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700261502,00.html

It's a local indie film so I don't know if it'll be released outside of Utah but I thought any Sean Astin fans might be interested. The trailer's also on YouTube.

"llapan wayrapi ņutu-hallp'ata kawayku"

FantasyFan
Defender

Sep 28 2008, 1:56pm

Post #2 of 6 (303 views)
Shortcut
Astin is filming right now [In reply to] Can't Post

in MIchigan. I saw him on a local news segment yesterday, in character for a movie called "Demoted" which appears to be about a revolt of secretaries (hmm, is that like a flock of seagulls?). The filming was going on in Dearborn Heights, a Detroit suburb.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Sep 29 2008, 12:00am

Post #3 of 6 (296 views)
Shortcut
I saw it too!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Visiting my Mom in Pontiac! Doesn't he look GREAT!?! I *squeeeeeeed* out loud when I saw it.

I'm delighted to hear that it's a comedy! Can't wait for its 2009 release.

*geeky hand-clapping* GO SEAN!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

rickdeckard
Human

Oct 1 2008, 8:40am

Post #4 of 6 (308 views)
Shortcut
sean astin is very underated [In reply to] Can't Post

im amazed sean astin hasnt had any major work since lotr, unless he hasnt been looking for any, because without his performance rotk wouldn't have been the film is was.

Starling
Asgardian

Oct 1 2008, 9:42am

Post #5 of 6 (282 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine anyone else bringing such realism and sensitivity to the role.

And, as this appears to be your first post, welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here. Smile

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 1 2008, 10:11am

Post #6 of 6 (311 views)
Shortcut
Howdy and Welcome and FERSHER! [In reply to] Can't Post

I completely agree with you rickdeckard! His Sam is spot-on for me, and his body of work has proof of his intensity, versatility, humour and talent.

He's also a very cool, sensitive guy :)

Cheers, rick... and Welcome to TORn. I'm so glad you're here in time to enjoy the excitement of the new films coming just around the corner :D

*high five*

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.