Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What is your favourite Pixar film?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: What is your favourite Pixar film?
Toy Story
Toy Story II
A Bug's Life
Cars
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc
Ratatouille
Wall-E
View Results (48 votes)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 24 2008, 7:40pm

Post #1 of 38 (853 views)
Shortcut
What is your favourite Pixar film? Can't Post

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2008, 7:55pm

Post #2 of 38 (598 views)
Shortcut
Toy Story [In reply to] Can't Post

I also have a soft spot for Nemo, but Toy Story wins out for me. "You've got a friend in me", great song!

I prefer Classic Disney over Pixar though!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 24 2008, 8:45pm

Post #3 of 38 (583 views)
Shortcut
That's a tough choice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Monsters Inc. all hold a place in my heart. But I have to give it to Wall-E. Ask me again tomorrow, though, and you might get a different answer Cool

Woodyend
Gondor

Sep 24 2008, 9:32pm

Post #4 of 38 (593 views)
Shortcut
Finding Nemo. All the others aren't in the same class imho. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2008, 10:09pm

Post #5 of 38 (561 views)
Shortcut
Very difficult! [In reply to] Can't Post

Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, and the Incredibles all are special to me. Sini resembled Boo sooo much when she was younger. She even went around saying "boo" here and there.

But I went with the Incredibles. Absolutely hilarious superhero parody.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2008, 10:37pm

Post #6 of 38 (557 views)
Shortcut
The Incredibles.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Collected comics years ago....kinda liked it for that reason......so I voted for it....how about that?

Farawyn
Rohan

Sep 24 2008, 10:42pm

Post #7 of 38 (549 views)
Shortcut
Who didn't cry when Jessie sang [In reply to] Can't Post

the song about putting toys away and leaving them behind when you grow up?
C'mon, TS 2, people!

Radhruin
Rohan

Sep 24 2008, 11:11pm

Post #8 of 38 (546 views)
Shortcut
The Incredibles [In reply to] Can't Post

This show cracks me up big time.

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 24 2008, 11:21pm

Post #9 of 38 (567 views)
Shortcut
Bug's Life [In reply to] Can't Post

although it's very hard to choose between that and The Incredibles. Both brilliant films. But there are just so many things I love in Bug's Life - the acrobatic bugs, the paranoid stick insect, the male ladybird - the list goes on... Great movie.

Fun poll - thanks Ataahua!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2008, 12:08am

Post #10 of 38 (610 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen A Bug's Life. [In reply to] Can't Post

I must search it out!

I saw Wall-E last night, which sparked the idea for this poll as nearly all of Pixar's films have been stand-outs. I voted for Finding Nemo because (IMO) it has the strongest story and fabulous characters ... but the space robot on Wall-E who got locked out the ship and was suddenly agoraphobic absolutely tickled me. :)

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 25 2008, 12:09am)

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Sep 25 2008, 4:04am

Post #11 of 38 (701 views)
Shortcut
Finding Nemo, of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Toy Story movies are tied for second place. "Cars" grew on me but "Ratatouille" is overrated and "The Incredibles" is not good. The jury is still out on "Wall-E". I'll have to watch it again.

Alassėa Eruvande
Valinor

Sep 25 2008, 1:22pm

Post #12 of 38 (570 views)
Shortcut
Finding Nemo [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great story! Love, love, love it! It was also the first movie we took Little Eruvande to when he was two years old. I was a little worried that he wouldn't make it through, but he was captivated from the beginning. They set the bar high with that one. They got the whole underwater thing perfect.

I've never seen TS I & II at the theater. It came out before we had kids, so missed out on that. But I also love them. It's amazing that the sequel was just as good, if not better, than the first.

Bugs' Life would have to be up there, too. So cute, with a great story, great characters. I love that the lady bug is a boy!

Monsters, Inc. is near the top, too.

Haven't seen Wall-e yet, but we'll probably get it on DVD.

I would love to see what Pixar would do with The Hobbit.

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Sep 25 2008, 3:23pm

Post #13 of 38 (568 views)
Shortcut
Wall-E [In reply to] Can't Post

Every time I think Pixar has reached their peak, they continue to raise the bar. Wall-E is a great example. I think it's their best movie yet.

I was blown away by this film's maturity and lyricism. It could have bogged down in eco-lectures and polemics, but instead was an intelligent, thoughtful vision of a terrible future. The literal trashing of planet Earth, the "cruise ship dystopia" in which the infantilized human race is trapped, and the story of the little robot who brings humanity back to its home all combined to make it a great movie. And I loved the art of the ending credits.

Seriously, though, I can't think of a Pixar movie that I dislike. Cars and Ratatouille are probably my least favorite, but even they are head and shoulders above most movies (let alone other children's movies). The incredibles, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, the Toy Story movies ... all are simply wonderful films. And while they're all examples of cutting-edge computer animation technology, there's never a sense that they're indulging in gee-whiz animation for its own sake. The technology is always put at the service of storytelling -- as it should be!

(This post was edited by Idril Celebrindal on Sep 25 2008, 3:23pm)

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Sep 25 2008, 3:33pm

Post #14 of 38 (544 views)
Shortcut
One of the best remakes I can think of [In reply to] Can't Post

A Bug's Life is an animated remake of The Magnificent Seven and The Seven Samurai. What I love about A Bug's Life is how Pixar managed to make this oft-told story fresh and exciting. Transplanting the story to an ant colony, having the evil gangsters be grasshoppers, and having the mercenaries be washed-up circus bugs instead of down-and-out samurai or gunslingers gave it an entirely new spin and put a distinctive creative stamp on the story. This kind of reinvention is what distinguishes the best remakes from the rest. After all, our basic stories have been kicking around for thousands of years; the beauty is in how they're retold and reimagined!

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 25 2008, 4:24pm

Post #15 of 38 (556 views)
Shortcut
Finding Nemo [In reply to] Can't Post

but it really is a tough one.
I love Disney and Pixar movies, the way they make them fit for both children and adults.
I didn't really like The Incredibles and haven't seen Wall-E yet. But they are all wonderful to watch.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2008, 7:11pm

Post #16 of 38 (514 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

about the end-credits of Wall-E. That was very smartly done.

And A Bug's Life a retelling of Seven Samurai! I'm definitely renting it then!

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Sep 25 2008, 8:37pm

Post #17 of 38 (524 views)
Shortcut
"Three Amigos", too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Like Dusty, Lucky, and Ned, the bug-heroes are actually entertainers. Interestingly, both movies have music by Randy Newman.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Sep 25 2008, 8:44pm

Post #18 of 38 (515 views)
Shortcut
What's wrong with "The Incredibles"? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Sep 25 2008, 11:58pm

Post #19 of 38 (536 views)
Shortcut
Didn't he also write the score to Monsters, Inc? [In reply to] Can't Post

Must be a Pixar guy (you know, like how either Menken or Bruns was usually the Disney guy, or Elfman was Burton's usual composer, or Williams to Spielberg).

Personally, as far as Pixar goes, I'm a fan of Giacchino (I looooove his score to Ratatouille).

(This post was edited by Laerasėa on Sep 26 2008, 12:06am)

sevilodorf
Gondor

Sep 26 2008, 12:00am

Post #20 of 38 (532 views)
Shortcut
Monster's Inc. [In reply to] Can't Post

Roz is my hero....

Roz: None of this ever happened, gentlemen. And I don't want to see any paperwork on it.

Patty
Immortal

Sep 26 2008, 12:29am

Post #21 of 38 (484 views)
Shortcut
The Incredibles is fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

Entertainment all ages can enjoy without any hint of being talked down to. Adults really can relate in a sympathetic way to the parents' issues, too. Very humorous, IMHO.

"Where is my supersuit?"

Oh, and Edna E. Mode was hilarious.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 26 2008, 12:42am

Post #22 of 38 (484 views)
Shortcut
I swear [In reply to] Can't Post

Roz is working down the hallway from me - short grey hair, glasses, the set of her mouth ... and I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her, either.

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2008, 2:58am

Post #23 of 38 (495 views)
Shortcut
It's marketed to children but it's not for children// [In reply to] Can't Post

stormcrow20
Gondor

Sep 26 2008, 7:06am

Post #24 of 38 (576 views)
Shortcut
Ratatouille [In reply to] Can't Post

I have not yet seen Wall-E or Cars, so I can't comment on them. All the others on the list I have enjoyed to some degree.

Toy Story I and II tie for the number two spot for me. They were very cleverly done, and I enjoyed the stories very much.

Finding Nemo was good, and would rank third for me.

Monsters Inc. was clever, but a bit long, in my opinion.

The Incredibles seemed to borrow too much from established super heroes, most notably the Fantastic Four. I would have enjoyed it more if the characters and their abilities had been a little more original.

A Bug's Life was good, but I don't remember enough about it to comment further.

Ratatouille stands as the best Pixar film to me. The story was original, the voices were well-cast, the animation was smooth and clear, and it was pretty funny, too. I took my younger cousin to see it in the theatre, and she loved it. I enjoyed watching her and hearing her laugh as much, if not more, than I enjoyed the film itself.

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Sep 26 2008, 7:07am)

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Sep 26 2008, 7:12pm

Post #25 of 38 (487 views)
Shortcut
Randay Newman -- "a Pixar guy"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, yes, he has composed scores and songs for several Pixar films, and won an Oscar at last for "If I Didn't Have You" from Monsters Inc.. (I much prefer "Blue Shadows" from Three Amigos and "That'll Do" from Babe: Pig in the City -- the former wasn't even nominated for Best Song.)

It's funny, though, that he has become associated with animated films for children, because he first became known in the late 1960s as a singer-songwriter with a penchant for satire, some of it quite harsh. And of course, to Clevelanders, Randy Newman is best known for "Burn On".

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.