Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Results of Discussion Poll and Call for Leaders!

weaver
Half-elven

Mar 28 2007, 4:16am

Views: 205
Shortcut
Results of Discussion Poll and Call for Leaders! Can't Post

Hello, Movie Board Friends!

Well, I’ve tallied the responses from the Poll I did about discussion ideas on this board. Thanks to your feedback, it looks like we are ready to do a lot more around there than play Trivia Games (as fun as they are!)

Overall Comments:
Everyone pretty much wants balance – some quick discussions, some in-depth ones, some old favorites, and some new features.

Quick Discussions:
The top two vote getters under Quick Discussion topics were: Geeky Observations and Questions That Need Answering. It seems to me also that there’s enough interest in the Trivial Pursuit game to keep that going, but I don’t want it to compete with Magpie’s Music Trivia (which are great if you haven’t tried them, even though they take time.) I’d like to continue a Trivia post each week, but to trade off with Magpie when she’s up for this. I do hope more of you try those, as they are really interesting and she sends you a great prize each time you play!

In-depth Discussions:
Restarting Screencap of the Day was the clear winner. There’s enough interest in doing “something” else, but no consensus – people either loved or hated the book themes topic, and those who want technical discussions were split between the various ways we could do that. There was some interest in restarting the Annotated discussions, but not enough to make me think we’d have enough leaders. With drogo’s discussion of Bakshi’s LOTR coming up, I think we should hold on anything else for now. When that’s close to wrapping up, I’ll do another interest post to see what other in-depth topic people would like to focus on.

Proposed Schedule -- How does this look?

Monday: SCOD/Trivia
Tuesday: Questions That Need Answering
Wednesday: SCOD
Thursday: Geeky Observation of the Week
Friday: SCOD
All Week: Another in-depth discussion, starting with Bakshi’s LOTR in April (thank you drogo!)

Where we go from here:

1. Who can lead the Geeky Observation of the Week Discussion? All you’d have to do is contact gramma, get her list, and pick one thing from it to post every Thursday.

2. Who can lead the Questions That Need Answering Discussion? I’m thinking an easy way to do this would be to do one organizing post, asking people to suggest questions, and then just post one of the questions suggested every Tuesday until you run out. Kind of like the way the Caption Contest works on Main – people would send pics to LiJuun in advance, and she would post one a week. You could even put something in a footer asking people to PM you with questions for future discussions

3. I’m willing to keep up the Trivia contests going on Mondays, as long as elvenhobbit keeps helping me! I’ll contact Magpie to see if and when she’s ready to post something, and when she is we’ll have a Music Trivia game for that week instead (even if she does't post on a Monday that week!)

4. Let’s restart SCOD on M/W/F – Mortae said he’d kick back in, and Arwen’s Daughter offered to help with this as well. Mortae/Arwen’s Daughter, can you two organize this?

Please let me know what you think – and please sign up to lead to help get these things get off the ground, and please participate when they do start up!

Thanks everyone – looking forward to some great new things to talk about with all of you!

Weaver

Subject User Time
Results of Discussion Poll and Call for Leaders! weaver Send a private message to weaver Mar 28 2007, 4:16am
    I'll help 'cover' if needed or required... elvenhobbit Send a private message to elvenhobbit Mar 28 2007, 6:07pm
        thank you as always! weaver Send a private message to weaver Mar 28 2007, 7:38pm
    I'm in Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Mar 28 2007, 7:28pm
        You are the best! weaver Send a private message to weaver Mar 28 2007, 7:40pm
    I'm up for it! Lossefalme Send a private message to Lossefalme Mar 28 2007, 11:08pm
        glad to have your help! weaver Send a private message to weaver Mar 28 2007, 11:33pm
    A day late & a dollar short - hobbitlove Send a private message to hobbitlove Apr 1 2007, 8:39am
        Let me know if I can support you in any way if you decide to do a music lyrics discussion Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 1 2007, 2:49pm
            Now we just have to meet soon. I'm getting all 'cited about this! hobbitlove Send a private message to hobbitlove Apr 2 2007, 6:02am
        Thanks, hob... weaver Send a private message to weaver Apr 2 2007, 3:10pm
    On to Phase II! weaver Send a private message to weaver Apr 2 2007, 3:13pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.