The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Centaur VS. Elf

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Sep 5 2008, 6:30am

Post #1 of 8 (6190 views)
Shortcut
Centaur VS. Elf Can't Post

Standard archery contest between Sagatarius and Legolas (from the books). Who wins? BTW there are no "Patriot arrows"Wink

I don't know why she loves me, but she says she does.
Photobucket

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2008, 12:55pm

Post #2 of 8 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm ... tough one [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd give it to Legolas for shooting a flying Ringwraith steed out of the sky. With one arrow. At night. With no moon. Shooting from a small boat. Can't remember Sagitarius ever doing any feats of archery on that order!

BTW, is that your wedding pic in your sig? Looks very nice!

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Woodyend
Gondor

Sep 8 2008, 8:52pm

Post #3 of 8 (1617 views)
Shortcut
Legolas. [In reply to] Can't Post

It doesn't matter if he is shooting the arrow, or using it to stab an orc in the eye, Leggy's my man.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 10 2008, 8:28pm

Post #4 of 8 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't the constellation Sagittarius actually represent Chiron the Centaur? I didn't think there was a mythological being named Sagittarius and can't seem to find evidence of one anywhere. So, who is Legolas fighting?

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
Screencap of the Day Schedule for September

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Sep 15 2008, 1:29pm

Post #5 of 8 (1459 views)
Shortcut
Your correct in that Chiron is who I meant. [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Sep 15 2008, 1:31pm

Post #6 of 8 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is, and thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 17 2008, 6:06pm

Post #7 of 8 (6126 views)
Shortcut
Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

The Elf rigs up a diversion and everyone's attention is diverted over how ridiculously obvious it is but Sagittarius is laughing so hard he misses his shot.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 5:45pm

Post #8 of 8 (540 views)
Shortcut
elf [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.